NY BRED
06-12-2016, 10:04 AM
one word: Frosted

winning in Secretariat via the overland route ,which may have
hindered Frosted the track record, I'm being to think the
Dubai track may have contributed to this monster win. :eek:

While this is a mild joke, California Chrome returned as a
turf monster.
What a matchup we could have witnessed, if AP was not retired.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

burnsy
06-12-2016, 10:41 AM
I sort of disagree, that was the "buffet" yesterday. Not "one horse", some of these horses will be heard from at Saratoga and beyond that, up to the BC.

If you are going to sum it up with one name it would be the lack of California Chrome. He was just about the only one that didn't run this week at Belmont.....and then maybe Nyquist. But other than that, they were all at the party "festival".

To sum it up quickly........Kick ass show of talent and horse racing. There were many worthy efforts besides Frosted and he was actually in one of the weaker fields. IMO. I actually thought only 2 or 3 could win that race and Frosted was the most obvious one of those. Other than Frosted and Flintshire, one had to dig deep yesterday. Those races were competitive with a capital "C".

Grits
06-12-2016, 10:57 AM
I sort of disagree, that was the "buffet" yesterday. Not "one horse", some of these horses will be heard from at Saratoga and beyond that, up to the BC.

If you are going to sum it up with one name it would be the lack of California Chrome. He was just about the only one that didn't run this week at Belmont.....and then maybe Nyquist. But other than that, they were all at the party "festival".

To sum it up quickly........Kick ass show of talent and horse racing. There were many worthy efforts besides Frosted and he was actually in one of the weaker fields. IMO. I actually thought only 2 or 3 could win that race and Frosted was the most obvious one of those. Other than Frosted and Flintshire, one had to dig deep yesterday. Those races were competitive with a capital "C".

Agree with you absolutely 110%, Burnsy. It was an incredible day of racing!!! To be sitting and watching these horses and jockeys? Not anywhere else would I have rather been, yesterday, or either of the last three days.

Creator...made my week here in NY. Loved his win!! (Never get off an animal when you've been with him/her for months.) ;)

Tom
06-12-2016, 11:00 AM
I though some of them started with a C, but not the same word you mean. :rolleyes:

There were two many races and some had no business being there.
The Easy Goer was a joke of a race that did not belong. A piss-poor field showed up and performed even more miserably. That wasted a race for later on in the season, on some of those weekend now stripped to the bone of good stakes. Might have even been a better race for Memorial Day instead an in-bred race. How many good 3 yo stakes horse are there on the grounds? What were they expecting to enter?

NY BRED
06-12-2016, 11:16 AM
i actually forgot to include a thought I've had for many years,
that being Belmont generally escapes heavy rain forecasts
on Belmont Day.

I'm sure the Exaggerator crew were praying for rain.

The entire card was challenging from a betting standpoint,
actually had the late double with J J who was DQ'd but saved with'the winner.

Fager Fan
06-12-2016, 12:38 PM

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about. There were a lot of good horses and performances but the star of the day was Frosted. The Belmont itself was one of the worst races.

You forgot Songbird and Beholder.

thespaah
06-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Impressive performances.
1. Frosted.....A monster
2. Flintshire....Just explosive speed over the last quarter mile
3..Destin...Pretty gutsy...Just got nosed.