06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Up on the home page (finally!):

http://www.paceadvantage.com/

thespaah
06-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Up on the home page (finally!):

http://www.paceadvantage.com/
Saw it...
So I am listening to Dave Johnson and Bill Finley's radio show on Sirius...
Finely referred to this Belmont Stakes filed as "paceless".
Two things.
One, yesterday the Belmont main track was very fast. The Jersey Girl winner stopped the clock in 1:07.87 off a 43.55 half mile
The Tremont winner went in 1:15.44 off a half in 44.25
The first race was a maiden claimer that the winner covered 7f in 1:21.47..
With that said, in the 6 dirt races yesterday, the winner was on the lead with either 3/ of 4f to go or was second.
The only dirt race, the True North where the winner, Joking, came from off the Cross Island Parkway to get up by a neck....
I just saw the Brooklyn...The Winner stalked a pretty slow pace, spilt horses at the quarter pole and won by 5....
So the way the track seems to set up it would be a good idea to find the one or two horses that can stalk the pace and there is your exacta.....

HalvOnHorseracing
06-11-2016, 01:45 PM
I just can't bring myself to give Cherry Wine any sort of a chance in the Belmont. Perhaps it is some stubbornness - I threw him out in the Preakness - but I don't think the horse is right for Belmont or the mile and a half. It's hard to pick against Exaggerator, considering he's been with the best and beaten the best, but I think Desormeaux's ride will be critical. I wouldn't describe myself as confident about his chances. My pick behind Exaggerator is Destin. I think he gets the best trip and first jump, and if he's good enough he gets the win. As much as I can't figure out why I would like Lani today after making him a total pitch in the first two legs, I have him, Creator and Suddenbreakingnews in the back holes.

thespaah
06-11-2016, 01:59 PM
I just can't bring myself to give Cherry Wine any sort of a chance in the Belmont. Perhaps it is some stubbornness - I threw him out in the Preakness - but I don't think the horse is right for Belmont or the mile and a half. It's hard to pick against Exaggerator, considering he's been with the best and beaten the best, but I think Desormeaux's ride will be critical. I wouldn't describe myself as confident about his chances. My pick behind Exaggerator is Destin. I think he gets the best trip and first jump, and if he's good enough he gets the win. As much as I can't figure out why I would like Lani today after making him a total pitch in the first two legs, I have him, Creator and Suddenbreakingnews in the back holes.
Observing how the dirt strip seems to be speed favoring, I just do not see any of the closers doing anything unless the pace up front is hot.....

thespaah
06-11-2016, 02:19 PM
The 5th race( Phipps) was an example of a fairly quick and contested pace can set up for an off the pace and in my opinion against the track bias winner.

lamboguy
06-11-2016, 04:51 PM
my $20 win bet is on STRADIVERI. the track is lightning fast, if he gets a clean first quarter he can put this field asleep.

Valuist
06-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Observing how the dirt strip seems to be speed favoring, I just do not see any of the closers doing anything unless the pace up front is hot.....

The main track has been ANYTHING but speed favoring today. The turf course has favored speed much more than the main track.

Tom
06-11-2016, 05:35 PM
$20 on Lani to win and $40 on more beer.

My biggest fear is Exaggerator wins and Kent D is given a microphone! :eek:

Tommy Tom
06-11-2016, 06:35 PM
I like Lani very much and I think those cats from Japan came here always with the Belmont in mind.

I also wagered a $5.00 exacta box of 10-11 for $10.00 but did not take a screenshot of it

Go Lani !!!!!

and

Good luck to you and everyone

Tommy Tom
06-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Close but no cigar..

But with that said, way to go Irad !

Tom
06-11-2016, 07:01 PM
$20 on Lani to win and $40 on more beer.

My biggest fear is Exaggerator wins and Kent D is given a microphone! :eek:

I still something to do for a couple more hours.....

jk3521
06-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Of course! After the race it is so obvious! Winstar enters the "rabbit" and they switch to a New York jockey! Sometimes we don't see things even when they wack us in the face with it! When will we ever learn. :D

nijinski
06-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Of course! After the race it is so obvious! Winstar enters the "rabbit" and they switch to a New York jockey! Sometimes we don't see things even when they wack us in the face with it! When will we ever learn. :D

A nice chunk of him bought up by Flay before the race also .