PDA

View Full Version : R6 Belmont $50Kn2l Claimer

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I know, not the biggest race of the day, but this one really interests me and starts off the P6.

I love what Belmont has been doing the last few years, and tomorrows card is absolutely fantabulous yet again. The 2nd biggest day of the year for horseplayers only behind Saturday of Breeder's Cup.

And Belmont isn't selling us short the day before either. This is a fantastic card with some races and horses we don't get to see too often.

Anyway, on to R6:

:1: Battle Midway: Carries some back class, but this guy hasn't ran well in a long long time. His last race in April at Keeneland wasn't bad, but he is stepping up in class here after a 4th place performance that was his best in over a year. Gotta pass.

:2: Said No One Ever: Tough to make a case for this one as he always ran against state breds as a Maiden, and was a claimer from the very beginning. Not sure the distance is what he is wanting either.

:3: Signature Look: Talk about a tough read. This guy comes in off a trifecta of marathon turf races. The obvious wild card of the race is actually somewhat playable if he is ready to roll. He is also amazingly 1 for 1 on this very track and surface. At worst, he should be fit...:D.

:4: Rock Eagle: Maybe the one to beat as he is always in the mix, but like everybody else in this race, rarely gets it done. Irad gets the mount again, but this guy has burned some money in the past. Obviously beatable, but still an exotics player in with these.

:5: Arctic King: Beaten chalk last out, but that wasn't a bad effort. Still a play against for me as he hasn't ran anywhere near good enough in a field of any size.

:6: Mav: Nice claim last out for a horse that looks to be rounding into pretty good form. Not a huge fan of the new trainer, but this one at least runs on late. Will likely need to improve to win, but can certainly be a big part of this one late.

:7: Steamboat Bill: Has been forwardly placed in his 6 race career races and takes a significant drop in class here. A must use in almost any wager, and if we can get 5/1, a must play on top.

:8: Datamining: I'd normally say pass for a horse that had to drop to a Maiden Claimer to get his 1st win, but the purchase and move to the Servis barn creates a whole other situation. A situation that demands respect as Servis is solid with 1st out claimers and is also solid with those off the bench. The hottest jockey in the entire place also gets the mount. I'll play against for the win, but won't let him beat me in exotics.

:9: Good Response: A flat out money burner. Been 5/1 or less in his last 5 races and has a single victory. He also has only ran twice since August of last year in widely spaced out races in which he wasn't all that competitive. Saez has also cooled off since his run earlier this year. This ML favorite is more than beatable, and I'll look to keep completely off the board.

:10: Ferocious Tiger: They have always been patient with this one, and have placed him as they saw needed. This isn't a horse that "needs one", he'll either fire or he won't. A must watch in the paddock, post parade, and on the tote board.

WP: :7: (at 4/1 or better)
EX: :4::7::8: Box
TRI: :4::7::8:/:4::7::8:/:4::6::7::8::10:

Tall One
06-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Nice run down, LDH.

I landed on the :8: last night. I didnt hold that drop to MCL that much against him:

-Nice effort at MCL30 off a slight breather as the favorite on 2/5.

-Sharp then places him with MSW where he ran wide and was a game third.

-Third off, again in MSW company, draws outside and didnt run his race.

-Ships north, and Sharp drops back into MCL, but at MCL40 where he takes care of business, and gets claimed by Servis.

-First off the claim, recent tightener at 4f, and Jose gets a leg up...some things to like and warrant my $5 w/p today..

GLA...:ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Nice run down, LDH.

I landed on the :8: last night. I didnt hold that drop to MCL that much against him:

-Nice effort at MCL30 off a slight breather as the favorite on 2/5.

-Sharp then places him with MSW where he ran wide and was a game third.

-Third off, again in MSW company, draws outside and didnt run his race.

-Ships north, and Sharp drops back into MCL, but at MCL40 where he takes care of business, and gets claimed by Servis.

-First off the claim, recent tightener at 4f, and Jose gets a leg up...some things to like and warrant my $5 w/p today..

GLA...:ThmbUp:

I think it will be a VERY interesting tote board on this one. Who will/should be the favorite? Unfortunately, I think the :7: ends up at 5/2 and is unplayable.

johnhannibalsmith
06-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Hardest problem that I had with this race was trying to even guess at painting a picture of how it will run. Nobody looks like a true pacesetter, the 'fast' horses usually clipping off quarters in 24 and change. But then you look back and see earlier races in which they pressed through quicker. Do they take initiative? Just let everyone fall into a blob of horses with a few lengths covering them all?

If I got about 8-1 I think that I'd probably take a fly with :3: Signature Look. These horses coming out of jump races and going back to the flats seem to always be a better price than if those running lines never made their way on to the form. I don't really like him, seems like a hanger or something, and the way that he's been campaigned gives the impression that nobody has ever been too terribly high on him. And really I just have no idea what kind of quality those 1x allowances on turf at Monmouth bring to the table so it's hard to even mention the idea that he's dropping or has faced better or some line like that. But this isn't a field full of superstars for the level or anything either. By default, I'd probably take a shot at the right price because I can't really even see where I'd find another play.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2016, 03:11 PM
:7: Steamboat Bill is a scratch. :(

Tall One
06-10-2016, 03:24 PM
:8: @ 9/2..and not really surprised at this.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2016, 03:26 PM
:8: @ 9/2..and not really surprised at this.

At 5/1 without the :7:, he is more than playable.

Tall One
06-10-2016, 03:30 PM
At 5/1 without the :7:, he is more than playable.

Yessir..i do agree with JHS with where the pace will come from. There is a taste on the inside, but if the :8: gets away in good shape, he can get a trip.

Ocala Mike
06-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Exacta box, :3: :8: :9: :10: ; bet the :3: W/P - Jack Fisher.

Ocala Mike
06-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Back to the drawing board!

woodbinepmi
06-10-2016, 03:44 PM
nice ride by kent there, rehab didn't help his ridding any

Lemon Drop Husker
06-10-2016, 03:44 PM
:4::6: was just fine. :cool:

Tall One
06-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Nice one.

No excuses for the :8:. Could be playable next out with a drop to 30 or even 25..:sleeping:

no breathalyzer
06-10-2016, 03:58 PM

sorry i was late but yea... it was just fine :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
06-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Glad I missed that one. I probably can't avoid get chewed up by the three at 11-1.