PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Racetrack Scores-going forward & the past

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Hello All,

We have the bad beat thread. Wanted to create something positive where people could share their anti bad beats/great scores thread.

Now, to eliminate embelishment (I know, most wouldn't do that on here) I ask that you prove your score (attach proof).

Big #'s are nice but if it was a much needed bailout (for you true degenerates out there :ThmbUp: ) or a thick background kind of score, please share it to motivate the PA team.

Vic, your contest conquers are welcome as well. Not my house, so who am I to say, right ? :D In all seriousness, yes, please do share your conquests Mr. V.

I'd love to hear from newbies and PA veterans (not banned ones, obviously).

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2016, 08:53 PM
How does one prove a big score without a W-2G, or an actual ticket, or an actual ADW screen shot?

Not sure many are comfortable with posting any of those other than an actual ticket.

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 09:02 PM
How does one prove a big score without a W-2G, or an actual ticket, or an actual ADW screen shot?

Not sure many are comfortable with posting any of those other than an actual ticket.

I had the same question till someone ;) (not you LDH) questioned me. I quickly (to preserve my manhood and integrity) learned how to copy and paste to my PC (without divulging my name).

If someone needs to show a W-2G, block the name, how hard is that? Tickets can work just fine.

I am more interested in seeing how, why, thought process, the story, the adrenaline, the rush etc. However, I do know bullshitters are aplomb and people hate redboarders who lie, so the request to add the proof.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2016, 09:30 PM
OK.

I'll start off with the Breeder's Cup just last year. The Filly & Mare Sprint.

THE absolute key for me was, it was 7F this time around and Wavell Avenue just needed some more ground against La Verdad. And I love taking horses that run together that will run together in a race next out.

Crazy thing is, La Verdad was off a single week of rest, and in a BC race! She wasn't supposed to even run till she won all of the weekend before, came out of that race fine, and Linda Rice says "fire". Simply crazy stuff nowadays. She was 4th favorite, and who I thought was the "in form" horse of the race even though rolling in off 6 days "rest".

:7::4: was all I saw. My mind was made up the night before. Buddy asks me for the 15th time a couple of minutes before post, what do you think? Me? "All I see is :7::4: man.". I convince him, we go $100 W on Wavell and $50 Ex Box :4::7:.

I know that isn't huge money for many, but it was our $200 budget for that race.

A very lasting memory when they were coming down the lane though... "Just give us a 7-4, a 7-4, or a 4-7, I don't even care, just do it, a 7-4 , come home babies!". "BANG!". Many Hi-5s later and it was a great adrenaline rush.

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 09:34 PM
OK.

I'll start off with the Breeder's Cup just last year. The Filly & Mare Sprint.

THE absolute key for me was, it was 7F this time around and Wavell Avenue just needed some more ground against La Verdad. And I love taking horses that run together that will run together in a race next out.

Crazy thing is, La Verdad was off a single week of rest, and in a BC race! She wasn't supposed to even run till she won all of the weekend before, came out of that race fine, and Linda Rice says "fire". Simply crazy stuff nowadays. She was 4th favorite, and who I thought was the "in form" horse of the race even though rolling in off 6 days "rest".

:7::4: was all I saw. My mind was made up the night before. Buddy asks me for the 15th time a couple of minutes before post, what do you think? Me? "All I see is :7::4: man.". I convince him, we go $100 W on Wavell and $50 Ex Box :4::7:.

I know that isn't huge money for many, but it was our $200 budget for that race.

A very lasting memory when they were coming down the lane though... "Just give us a 7-4, a 7-4, or a 4-7, I don't even care, just do it, a 7-4 , come home babies!". "BANG!". Many Hi-5s later and it was a great adrenaline rush.

I don't know about you but for me, the money in the account is many times just a score we keep AND the satisfaction of handicapping appropriately is just as satisfying as the money. Great feeling LDH :ThmbUp:

Way to go!!!!

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't know about you but for me, the money in the account is many times just a score we keep AND the satisfaction of handicapping appropriately is just as satisfying as the money. Great feeling LDH :ThmbUp:

Way to go!!!!

True. It was just awesome to cold cock a BC race for a decent score. Those are really tough to come by.

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 09:46 PM
True. It was just awesome to cold cock a BC race for a decent score. Those are really tough to come by.

Many times, ABSOLUTELY. That's why you'll catch me passing a BC race while focusing on the next race at AQU or Portland Meadows. :D

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Well, beings it is Belmont week, I have a lot of good memories to recover.

Pondering which was the best.

Palace Malice was nice.

But I think Summer Bird was the best. I gave out Summer Bird as my Kentucky Derby pick in 2008. He was 50/1 and of course many laughed up till the point that another 50/1 won the race. "You had the wrong Bird..." they laughed.

Everybody was on board this time around in the Belmont, and Summer Bird was the play. At 12/1.

He rolled, all my close friends had him, and it was a glorious day.

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Well, beings it is Belmont week, I have a lot of good memories to recover.

Pondering which was the best.

Palace Malice was nice.

But I think Summer Bird was the best. I gave out Summer Bird as my Kentucky Derby pick in 2008. He was 50/1 and of course many laughed up till the point that another 50/1 won the race. "You had the wrong Bird..." they laughed.

Everybody was on board this time around in the Belmont, and Summer Bird was the play. At 12/1.

He rolled, all my close friends had him, and it was a glorious day.

Awesome feeling to have the original selection come through. How good did it feel watching Kent draft inside most of the way, ready to uncoil??? :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2016, 10:37 PM
Awesome feeling to have the original selection come through. How good did it feel watching Kent draft inside most of the way, ready to uncoil??? :ThmbUp:

It was one of those races that at the top of a stretch a couple of guys called me an idiot, to later call me a genius.

So much horse that day. Just...., so MUCH horse.

THAT was fun.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Summer+bird+belmont&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

EMD4ME
06-09-2016, 10:44 PM
It was one of those races that at the top of a stretch a couple of guys called me an idiot, to later call me a genius.

So much horse that day. Just...., so MUCH horse.

THAT was fun.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Summer+bird+belmont&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

I FEEL the pride through the words written! Awesome LDH, Awesome brother!!!

EMD4ME
06-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Last sunday I was listening to Joe and Jacob talk about how all horses are covered once in the closing leg of a super hard pick 5. They said '1 smart handicapper looks to be alive to all in the last leg. What a great feeling'.

That 1 person was me, humbly.

Then last night, 2 out of 10 were alive for a pool scope. Guess who was the only one alive again?

I'm going to rename Emerald Downs, ATM Downs..... :D

(As long as Julien Couton is not there, the racing is awesome).

EMD4ME
06-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Just to stick my rules, I mentioned last weekend's pool scope. Attached is proof.

lamboguy
06-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Last sunday I was listening to Joe and Jacob talk about how all horses are covered once in the closing leg of a super hard pick 5. They said '1 smart handicapper looks to be alive to all in the last leg. What a great feeling'.

That 1 person was me, humbly.

Then last night, 2 out of 10 were alive for a pool scope. Guess who was the only one alive again?

I'm going to rename Emerald Downs, ATM Downs..... :D

(As long as Julien Couton is not there, the racing is awesome).good for you, glad to see you take down this score.

EMD4ME
06-11-2016, 08:46 AM
good for you, glad to see you take down this score.

Thanks Lambo. It's been a good year, KNOCK on high quality wood.

This game is EXTREMELY humbling pal. As we all know.

Inner Dirt
06-11-2016, 09:26 AM
The most satisfying single race had to be the 1987 seven furlong Malibu Stakes at Santa Anita. Candi's Gold wasn't a sprinter yet his class edge made him the favorite. The horse I loved to death On The Line had no one even close to his early speed and he even had my top final figures in sprint races for the field. I had been going to the track so much in that period I was able to handicap the race almost a week in advance from old Racing Forms and charts I kept instead of just 24 hours early. I ran my mouth about the horse all week and even got 3 guys to come out to the OTB who never bet a horse race. I figured 4-1 would have been a bargain, he won at 8-1 never drawing a deep breath by over a dozen lengths. Max bet at the time was $250, the $2k profit for the day was the most at the time (I was 26) but being hero for the day was the most satisfying.

Inner Dirt
06-11-2016, 11:04 AM
The most satisfying single race had to be the 1987 seven furlong Malibu Stakes at Santa Anita. Candi's Gold wasn't a sprinter yet his class edge made him the favorite. The horse I loved to death On The Line had no one even close to his early speed and he even had my top final figures in sprint races for the field. I had been going to the track so much in that period I was able to handicap the race almost a week in advance from old Racing Forms and charts I kept instead of just 24 hours early. I ran my mouth about the horse all week and even got 3 guys to come out to the OTB who never bet a horse race. I figured 4-1 would have been a bargain, he won at 8-1 never drawing a deep breath by over a dozen lengths. Max bet at the time was $250, the $2k profit for the day was the most at the time (I was 26) but being hero for the day was the most satisfying.

Correction he won by over a half dozen lengths, noticed the typo after it was too late to edit.

Sunday Silence
06-11-2016, 10:58 PM
I was there for that On the Line race. Nice

My biggest score was at Golden Gate. Keyed Hollendorfer/Miyadi horses on top when they were winning every race. Horse I thought was overlooked underneath keyed in 2nd and 3rd in tri's to all. Ended up 11-1/80-1/55-1. $10,300

thespaah
06-12-2016, 06:38 PM
This one is easy...
My biggest score ever was a 5 timer on the Inaugural BC Classic....yes, for once my horse got pulled UP in a DQ....
Quite frankly, i never had anything huge because, one, I am a low budget player. Two, I do not play many horizontal bets. So the possibility of hitting signers for me is nil....

mostpost
06-12-2016, 06:58 PM
This story involves thoroughbred racing, but it is not about a pari-mutual wager.
It is a great score because I won $130 and risked nothing.

This all takes place in 1973. There were no OTB's; no online wagering. What did exist were office pools for races like the Kentucky Derby. The office I was working in that year had a pool on the Derby; thirteen horses, we each put in $10.

I was convinced that Secretariat was going to win, but unfortunately, I pulled Sham's name out of the hat. I was kissing my $10 goodbye when one of my coworkers, Charlie, came up to me. Charlie had drawn Secretariat.

"Hey Mostpost,*" Charlie said, "I'll give you $10 and Secretariat, if you will give me Sham." I did not hesitate.

And that is how I won $130 on the 1973 Kentucky Derby, and twenty of those dollars came from good old Charlie.

* Charlie did not actually call me Mostpost. He called me by the name I was given at birth.

EMD4ME
06-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Humbly, another solid day....

Here's why I "BOUGHT" this ticket.

Race 1: 5, despite being the lone speed was back to the wrong lead late in his last. Don't trust any horse that does that, especially when it's not something the horse does every time.

The 4, came out of the same race as the 5. Finished well but it was a suck up into soft late off a wicked 2nd quarter/pace.

The 1 was improved and despite being dressed up off the turf effort (main speed off slow, 1st over outside a true bumb etc.) was a contender.

The 2 was useable as the trainer has had 2 winners at Bel for the meet. Both off 1 year plus layoffs.

Why use the 3? Never use all but 1.

Race 2: Detested Pletcher's fave. Knew the horse had zero speed. Hated but threw in and used all but the 2 (Persaud) as I had positive info on all of them.

Race 3: Another impossible to handicap for sure race. ALL.

Race 4: Overpaid as I loved the 6 and crushed the 6 to win, place, parlays and supers. Bought the race.

Race 5: As much as I tried to find anyone to beat the 2, there was no one. Singled a weak horse (fig wise) but who VISUALLY has run better than what the running line suggests.

I KNEW despite the relatively short fields, that people would screw up zigging and zagging.

Parlay was worth: About $5,000 ($10 on $11 on $8 on $16 on $6)

PAID $95,000 as I expected it would if certain combos came out.

Racing gods.....a humble thank you yet again.

P.S. That is why EMD should have a carryover in the pick 5 and pick 7 today. After hitting this, I couldn't bet EMD in the afternoon. Needed a break mentally.

Alwaysonpoint36
06-12-2016, 10:05 PM
nice hit man

ultracapper
06-12-2016, 10:42 PM
EMD4ME, you are pluggin' along right now.

Nice hit.

EMD4ME
06-12-2016, 10:49 PM
EMD4ME, you are pluggin' along right now.

Nice hit.

It can turn in a second but (unlike others I know very well) it's important to ALWAYS see why you win or lose. I constantly see people win on horses who won by accident or due to a bias or some freak thing. They walk around like they know everything. Long run, they're done. I pat them on the back and say keep betting ;)

All I'll say is this:

Yes, racing luck has been there but if one focuses on knowing everything on one track/two tracks, it makes your opinion better. When you win it's important to know why you did. Were you just lucky, was it the right decision? Reinforce the proper behavior. Learn from mistakes.

Knock on wood, good couple of years. Knock on wood.

EMD4ME
06-12-2016, 10:50 PM
nice hit man

Thanks Alwaysonpoint36 and Ultracapper :)

JustRalph
06-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Congrats!

ultracapper
06-12-2016, 11:23 PM
It can turn in a second but (unlike others I know very well) it's important to ALWAYS see why you win or lose. I constantly see people win on horses who won by accident or due to a bias or some freak thing. They walk around like they know everything. Long run, they're done. I pat them on the back and say keep betting ;)

All I'll say is this:

Yes, racing luck has been there but if one focuses on knowing everything on one track/two tracks, it makes your opinion better. When you win it's important to know why you did. Were you just lucky, was it the right decision? Reinforce the proper behavior. Learn from mistakes.

Knock on wood, good couple of years. Knock on wood.

And we have a winner. Great advise.

SG4
06-13-2016, 11:02 AM

Race 1: 5, despite being the lone speed was back to the wrong lead late in his last. Don't trust any horse that does that, especially when it's not something the horse does every time.

The 4, came out of the same race as the 5. Finished well but it was a suck up into soft late off a wicked 2nd quarter/pace.

The 1 was improved and despite being dressed up off the turf effort (main speed off slow, 1st over outside a true bumb etc.) was a contender.

The 2 was useable as the trainer has had 2 winners at Bel for the meet. Both off 1 year plus layoffs.

Race 2: Detested Pletcher's fave. Knew the horse had zero speed. Hated but threw in and used all but the 2 (Persaud) as I had positive info on all of them.

Race 4: Overpaid as I loved the 6 and crushed the 6 to win, place, parlays and supers. Bought the race.

Race 5: As much as I tried to find anyone to beat the 2, there was no one. Singled a weak horse (fig wise) but who VISUALLY has run better than what the running line suggests.

I KNEW despite the relatively short fields, that people would screw up zigging and zagging.

P.S. That is why EMD should have a carryover in the pick 5 and pick 7 today. After hitting this, I couldn't bet EMD in the afternoon. Needed a break mentally.

I think you owe the racing gods a bit more than a humble thank you...what you failed to mention in your recap was that in the 5th race the horse who finished 2nd (losing by a length) was off somewhere in the vicinity of 10 lengths behind the rest of the field. In most cases I would say that horse was certainly best, but given Flying KC's history she may be given a 10 length head start and not beat the same field next time. Either way it's funny how when you win a race in a circumstance like this you feel like a genius and discount the poor luck of others, but when you're on the crappy end of this result it will eat at you forever. Having been on both ends plenty I can relate, so congrats on this score & taking advantage of the luck when it comes your way! This 5th race also inspired a classic comment from NY's chart caller, who is reaching new heights in ways to amuse/see if anyone's actually paying attention. Check this out:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=BEL&raceDate=06/12/16&cy=USA&rn=5

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2016, 04:08 PM
EMD4ME, good to see your hard work paying big dividends! :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
06-13-2016, 04:20 PM

P.S. That is why EMD should have a carryover in the pick 5 and pick 7 today. After hitting this, I couldn't bet EMD in the afternoon. Needed a break mentally.you got another one! keep em coming, love it

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:29 PM
you got another one! keep em coming, love it

I created this thread for others, not me :) . So..... I wish the best racing luck to everyone out there, so we can hear about it.

P.S. Thanks Lambo. It took me awhile but I figured out that I need to just play 4 specific tracks as I suck at the rest. It's been a solid (knock on wood) period.

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:30 PM
EMD4ME, good to see your hard work paying big dividends! :ThmbUp:

Very much appreciated PA. There are ups and downs, humbly we hit an up period.

Can't wait to hear about others successes and more importantly I want to hear the whys, hows, whens, background etc.

Prytanis
06-13-2016, 04:35 PM
My biggest score
1988 Yonkers $3 P4
17/7/5/5
Total $6
Winning #s 7,7,5,5
Paid 28.000

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:35 PM
And we have a winner. Great advise.

Last weekend at EMD, there was a signifigant supreme rail and speed bias. This one gentlemen I know bet the 1 in race 6 or 7. I detested this horse with a passion. I knew there was a bias but still left him out of most tickets (was just a "C" to me). My luck :bang: :bang: :bang: , the real speed got bumped and when the horse shot up to take the lead, the dishwashing mental midget said "I DONT WANT TO WIN, LET'S CHOKE".

Anyway, this guy is rooting the entire race, saying the 1 can't lose. The 1 did win, you could physically see the track lifting this horse's feet up and carrying this pig (I mean that in a handicapping way, not viciously as I love horses more than people) to the wire.

Guy is gloating. I asked him, do you know why you won? He said: because the 1 is tons the best. No one could beat him.

I asked him if he knew how the track was playing so far.

His reponse, I don't believe in voo doo.

I patted him on the back, told him to keep sending it in as he is the BEST.

Guy has had maybe 1 winning day out of 12. Constantly for years.

You get my point? :D

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:36 PM
My biggest score
1988 Yonkers $3 P4
17/7/5/5
Total $6
Winning #s 7,7,5,5
Paid 28.000

$28,000???? That is F'n awesome, especially on a cold ticket like that!!!

Sweet !

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Congrats!

JustRalph? Is that really you???

Are you back? :)

Thank you!

EMD4ME
06-13-2016, 04:47 PM
I think you owe the racing gods a bit more than a humble thank you...what you failed to mention in your recap was that in the 5th race the horse who finished 2nd (losing by a length) was off somewhere in the vicinity of 10 lengths behind the rest of the field. In most cases I would say that horse was certainly best, but given Flying KC's history she may be given a 10 length head start and not beat the same field next time. Either way it's funny how when you win a race in a circumstance like this you feel like a genius and discount the poor luck of others, but when you're on the crappy end of this result it will eat at you forever. Having been on both ends plenty I can relate, so congrats on this score & taking advantage of the luck when it comes your way! This 5th race also inspired a classic comment from NY's chart caller, who is reaching new heights in ways to amuse/see if anyone's actually paying attention. Check this out:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=BEL&raceDate=06/12/16&cy=USA&rn=5

I thank you for the kind words. I am extremely appreciative of racing luck as I have experienced both in collassal proportions.

I'm grey on the 12 maybe being the best. If it was a dirt race, I'd say yes, you're 100% right. In slow paced route turfs a horse breaking slowly is not at an extreme position of loss when the race is run in 26 51 (on a lightning fast turf course). This horse did lose 5-10 lengths, hard to tell but was in post 12. This horse spent very little energy catching up into a pedestrian Q1. Then had a beautiful trip drafting behind the winner most of the way. KC was asked at the right time (after following the winner's cover) and shot her load at the perfect moment. She wasn't good enough to beat the winner.

If posts were switched, I'd say she blew a chance at a slightly better trip. But with post 12, I would say she actually found a better, less stressful trip by being 5-10 lengths slow.

I don't automatically agree with : A horse 3, 5, 7 lengths slow and that cost the horse 3,5 or 7 lengths. Here's why. It depends on the circumstance. I've seen horses break 5 slow and get a much better trip rating inside and stress free as opposed to in it, stressed, wide and uncovered in the fastest parts of a race.

Anyway, out of the gray and into the end of this long winded post :D

Thank you for kind words. I read the chart twice, failed to see the humor. Maybe it's because I have none :D :D :D

What did I miss in the chart comment?

no breathalyzer
06-13-2016, 06:02 PM

I had a Massive bet on Flying KC.. if it wasn't for getting post 12 it might of been an epic bet amount.. horse found his friends that race and got extremely unlucky... was 10 lengths the best in that poor field.. lucky for me i win/placed the horse

thespaah
06-13-2016, 10:45 PM
My biggest score
1988 Yonkers $3 P4
17/7/5/5
Total $6
Winning #s 7,7,5,5
Paid 28.000
Was the OTB pick 4?...The one they had on Saturday nights for the Racing from Yonkers/Roosevelt show?....
I did not know they offered it on track. Never paid that much attention if it was. I was a middling handicapper( still am LOL) and horizontal bets were too much of a challenge.

SG4
06-14-2016, 12:02 AM
Thank you for kind words. I read the chart twice, failed to see the humor.

What did I miss in the chart comment?

Dammit I knew I should've taken a screenshot as I saw this once before where a chart had some amusing language & the next day it was changed to be more "professional". The original chart comment said something like Flying KC began with a serene, almost Buddhist like start.

Prytanis
06-14-2016, 06:20 AM
Was the OTB pick 4?...The one they had on Saturday nights for the Racing from Yonkers/Roosevelt show?....
I did not know they offered it on track. Never paid that much attention if it was. I was a middling handicapper( still am LOL) and horizontal bets were too much of a challenge.
Yes, i was at the OTB that night
I don't think it was a saturday night, it was offered every night.

EMD4ME
06-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Just curious. Was fed withholding 25% back then as well? Did you also have to pay the OTB surcharge?

Also, would love to hear how you cold cocked that pick 4!!! Do tell please....

AirNate012
06-16-2016, 10:10 AM
EMD excellent scores! I don't play a whole lot of horizontals (seeing your scores makes me want to though!)

Breeders Cup weekend last year was a good day...had some win money on Stephs Kitten and Tepin and scored nicely there (My buddy played Wavelle Ave and scored BIG, I didn't see his angle and passed... :bang: ) as well as hitting the late pick 4 to Pharoah.

Did anyone cash on the Belmont this year? I invested a few hundred in Exactas and Supers and cashed a couple tickets for around $3k. Gonna use that money to hopefully get to Santa Anita this fall for BC! Will anyone else be there?

thespaah
06-17-2016, 09:53 PM
Just curious. Was fed withholding 25% back then as well? Did you also have to pay the OTB surcharge?

Also, would love to hear how you cold cocked that pick 4!!! Do tell please....
I think it was 20% off the top. Then of course the 5% OTB surcharge which is really a dowry for all the political hacks in charge of the respective OTB Corporations.....NY OTB is the biggest joke of political patronage known to man kind...
I stand down from my soapbox.....

EMD4ME
06-17-2016, 11:08 PM
POOL SCOPE IN EARLY PICK 4 on a $63 TICKET (1 ticket only):) :) :)

$8800 PLUS!!! :) :) :) (P.S. Don't forget, our partner the IRS takes 25% or 2200)

no breathalyzer
06-17-2016, 11:12 PM
POOL SCOPE IN EARLY PICK 4 on a $63 TICKET :) :) :)

$8800 PLUS!!! :) :) :)

very nice.. i bet the 1 cause i'm bored .. thats what i get for jumping in waters i don't know :D

EMD4ME
06-17-2016, 11:15 PM
very nice.. i bet the 1 cause i'm bored .. thats what i get for jumping in waters i don't know :D

Speed bias tonight.

I like the 1 in race 5 but he has little speed, the 9 in the lone speed BUT the 9 is a pig and the 1's last race was AWESOME (off the claim).

no breathalyzer
06-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Speed bias tonight.

I like the 1 in race 5 but he has little speed, the 9 in the lone speed BUT the 9 is a pig and the 1's last race was AWESOME (off the claim).

thanks for the heads up :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
06-17-2016, 11:19 PM
thanks for the heads up :ThmbUp:

29/1 what an amazing price!!! Hope he stays at that price and wins!!!

no breathalyzer
06-17-2016, 11:22 PM
29/1 what an amazing price!!! Hope he stays at that price and wins!!!
who gets first run at this pig?

EMD4ME
06-17-2016, 11:28 PM
who gets first run at this pig?
9 should be on lead but after 4 races, jocks mightve gotten smart. Rocco Bowen was smart in race 4 and gunned a non speed horse to the lead.

So, anyone might Quarter horse to go.

I'm on the 1 with 34.

EMD4ME
06-17-2016, 11:36 PM
9 should be on lead but after 4 races, jocks mightve gotten smart. Rocco Bowen was smart in race 4 and gunned a non speed horse to the lead.

So, anyone might Quarter horse to go.

I'm on the 1 with 34.

Rocco is a GENIUS!!! Took a non speed horse to the lead again on a SPEED biased race track TWO RACES IN A ROW!!!

He just kept my Pick 7 alive and of course my PICK 5 and PICK 4

EMD4ME
06-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Just hit the Belmont Pick 5 but was very disappointed.

Had 7 pieces to close the ticket. $96,000 payout was caught by the smallest ticket at $49,000.

Plus, payouts were small to begin with.

Very frustrating as I loved the 3 in race 2 and thought between him and the 1A at 16/1 in race 4, the payoff should've been higher than $49,000 and change.

(All payouts discussed are for $2)

EMD4ME
06-19-2016, 10:44 PM
Totally forgot to paste my ADW shot of today's massive Pick 5 play in a tough sequence.

Don't want NCG questioning by integrity.

Even more frustrating was needing the 3 in the last at Emerald for $15,000.

Poor ride, lost by a flying head. :bang: :bang:

Exotic1
06-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Totally forgot to paste my ADW shot of today's massive Pick 5 play in a tough sequence.

Don't want NCG questioning by integrity.

Even more frustrating was needing the 3 in the last at Emerald for $15,000.

Poor ride, lost by a flying head. :bang: :bang:

Nice !!

AirNate012
06-20-2016, 03:19 PM
Nice scores!!! I'm definitely jealous!

EMD4ME
06-20-2016, 03:30 PM
We have ups and downs , right now ups. Knock on wood . Thanks guys and gals :blush:

thespaah
06-20-2016, 11:31 PM
I am not understanding what I am looking at.
It looks like you bet 1100+ on this wager. Is that correct?
How many combinations is that?...I don't bet these, so please permit my ignorance

EMD4ME
06-21-2016, 01:36 AM
I am not understanding what I am looking at.
It looks like you bet 1100+ on this wager. Is that correct?
How many combinations is that?...I don't bet these, so please permit my ignorance

Yes, that is correct. I loved the 3 in race 2. Feared the chalk, the 8. Race 1 was a 5 horse field that had 3 contenders. I used all 3. Race 3, I made the mistake of using all 7 (chalk won). Race 4 was wide open Turf race. Used all but 1. Race 5, was wide open, used 7 of 9.

Positive-I could've bet $500 to win on the 3 and collected $7000. This way, I collected $12,300.

Negative-I dropped my ROI a bit by overspending BUT.....when you have sequences that will knock out 99% of the people who can't/won't spend the appropriate amount, you are better off "Buying" the ticket.

However, not everyone knows WHEN to do that. I see this rich lady at AQU/BEL that plays ALL/ALL/7 horses/ALL/6 horses. Bets an insane amount of money like a jackass and the pick 5 pays $500 for .50.

The guts of my wager is that I loved a 13/1 FTS in a race that appeared to have a strong chalk and multiple others to use. I in essence wagered $1176 on either the 3 or 8 winning race 2. The 8 was the 6/5 chalk and the 3 was my play at 13/1. Why did I include the 8? Because if I was right about prices in races 3,4 &5, I could still look at a $50,000 payout.

thespaah
06-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Yes, that is correct. I loved the 3 in race 2. Feared the chalk, the 8. Race 1 was a 5 horse field that had 3 contenders. I used all 3. Race 3, I made the mistake of using all 7 (chalk won). Race 4 was wide open Turf race. Used all but 1. Race 5, was wide open, used 7 of 9.

Positive-I could've bet $500 to win on the 3 and collected $7000. This way, I collected $12,300.

Negative-I dropped my ROI a bit by overspending BUT.....when you have sequences that will knock out 99% of the people who can't/won't spend the appropriate amount, you are better off "Buying" the ticket.

However, not everyone knows WHEN to do that. I see this rich lady at AQU/BEL that plays ALL/ALL/7 horses/ALL/6 horses. Bets an insane amount of money like a jackass and the pick 5 pays $500 for .50.

The guts of my wager is that I loved a 13/1 FTS in a race that appeared to have a strong chalk and multiple others to use. I in essence wagered $1176 on either the 3 or 8 winning race 2. The 8 was the 6/5 chalk and the 3 was my play at 13/1. Why did I include the 8? Because if I was right about prices in races 3,4 &5, I could still look at a $50,000 payout.
Hey, I'd take a $12k payout on a $1170 investment 6 days a week and twice on Sunday..
I would most likely bet the way you do, but I simply don't have the budget.
I do however make vertical bets in much the same manner. Just on a smaller scale.
i would probably play pick 4s on weekends ( NYRA) because the pools are flush with dead money. But I just despise using an offshore book( Live in NC) with their limits.
Anyway. Yours are nice scores. I am glad to see people win.

EMD4ME
07-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Joe Withee was talking about how no one should be alive after race 5 tonight in the PICK 7.

Well, sorry to tell you, someone took the entire PICK 7 pool down tonight (dead heat in race 2 made it seem like it was hit twice but I had both runners that Dead Heated).

Pick 5 was a pool scope and the pick 4 was a POOL SCOPE.

$33,300 bottom line. $25,000 after witholding :)

To the boys in that minor league thread, who continue to throw shots at me for spending 32 man hours on a racecard.......

EAT THIS......

Let's see that amazing software come up with the nuggets that only a human brain can digest/compute/implement.....

EMD4ME
07-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Pick 7 Pool Scope:

EMD4ME
07-09-2016, 12:52 AM
And when you're right, off course you must unload and take down the last available pool, right NCG? By NCG, of course I'm referring to the North Carolina Gang ;)

SRU, Ka$H, Thaskalos and RR this page is dedicated to you boys.

Alwaysonpoint36
07-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Nothing close to EMD, but I been in a slump since belmont day. The will pay for the 9 in the finale was $6800. not much but i'll take it anyway i can.

no breathalyzer
07-16-2016, 08:29 PM
:ThmbUp: nice job.. nice single .. i wish i had something to show.. i'm down the last 2 days.. i'm so stupid i had a stable mail horse today. i decided to back off because a certain on air personality was touting it on TVG as i get very superstitious when that happens. :bang:
Did you bet that horse to win as well? That was a sweet price on that 4

coachv30
07-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Here's a few recent scores for the thread.....

EMD4ME
07-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Here's a few recent scores for the thread.....

Hey Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Saaaaweeeett!!!!

ultracapper
07-17-2016, 05:06 AM
That tri was a cool bet. Either the 5 wins and you have some coverage, or the 5 runs out and you have a cold 4/12/7.

That's a cool structure.

Alwaysonpoint36
07-17-2016, 10:56 AM
:ThmbUp: nice job.. nice single .. i wish i had something to show.. i'm down the last 2 days.. i'm so stupid i had a stable mail horse today. i decided to back off because a certain on air personality was touting it on TVG as i get very superstitious when that happens. :bang:
Did you bet that horse to win as well? That was a sweet price on that 4

No, my intention was the late pick4 only. Real nice price on the :4:, also in r10 I had runners :5::8::9:, that tri was >$700. :bang: :bang:

coachv30
07-19-2016, 09:36 PM
I must have hit the SUBMIT BET button twice because I only intended on playing it once.

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 09:43 PM
That is a GREAT MISTAKE !!!! Nice! Plus you get $2,350 in a government savings account (not kidding, I like those), payable in 2017 :)

We all get some bad racing luck in this game from time to time, we all deserve an EXTRA hit!!!! :ThmbUp:

coachv30
07-19-2016, 09:45 PM
That is a GREAT MISTAKE !!!! Nice! Plus you get $2,350 in a government savings account (not kidding, I like those), payable in 2017 :)

We all get some bad racing luck in this game from time to time, we all deserve an EXTRA hit!!!! :ThmbUp:

What does this mean? Is this referring to the tax I will pay on it?

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 09:56 PM
What does this mean? Is this referring to the tax I will pay on it?

My apologies if you live in Canada. If you live in the US, anything above $5,000 gets hit at a 25% FED Witholding Rate (You should get that back in April).

However, if you're ADW treats the wagers as 2 different bets, then the 25 % witholding does not apply.

Did they pay you $9400 and change or $7050? There's your answer on how they treat it.

Either way, who cares??? HOME RUN :) :) :) :) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

coachv30
07-19-2016, 10:00 PM
My apologies if you live in Canada. If you live in the US, anything above $5,000 gets hit at a 25% FED Witholding Rate (You should get that back in April).

However, if you're ADW treats the wagers as 2 different bets, then the 25 % witholding does not apply.

Did they pay you $9400 and change or $7050? There's your answer on how they treat it.

Either way, who cares??? HOME RUN :) :) :) :) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I got $9400....nothing taken out.

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 10:05 PM
I got $9400....nothing taken out.

Then you have a good ADW. Most ADW's add up all your wagers on a wager (Pick 3, Pick 4 etc.) and then IF you get back $5000 or more, withold 25%.

Either way, you're still liable to declare the windfall, subject to being itemized as a loss if need be.

Regardless, KEEP MAKING THAT "Mistake"! Great job, Twice :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

coachv30
07-19-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm with TVG........THX EMD:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
07-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Keep em coming and don't forget to post em here!

Love to see people win :)

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2016, 10:48 PM
And when you're right, off course you must unload and take down the last available pool, right NCG? By NCG, of course I'm referring to the North Carolina Gang ;)

SRU, Ka$H, Thaskalos and RR this page is dedicated to you boys.So you're saying SRU is a heavy hitter like you?

EMD4ME
07-27-2016, 07:23 PM
So you're saying SRU is a heavy hitter like you?

Sorry I missed this.

SRU is a heavy hitter in passion, love for the game, love for PA and loyalty. He has many faults but they were born from a love of posting on PA. Do I know if he is a heavy hitter? Absolutely not. I do know he loved being here and you creating this site, allowing him to partake and the everyday give and take betweem him and others, made SRU tick.

I politely ask you to reconsider. If he gets out of line, I have an offer. I'll manage him.

Can you kindly reconsider?

coachv30
07-28-2016, 10:27 PM
Dodged the W2g this time;)

EMD4ME
07-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Dodging is good my man ! Great job :ThmbUp:

RunDustyRun
07-30-2016, 09:13 AM
Last night I hit the pick 5 at Delmar on a $20 ticket for $3360.00...thought the first race had a false favorite so went five deep and got a 10-1 shot....In the second I figured the :1: horse would be completely overbet and because they are 2 yo fillies I went all except the :1:, and got a 3-1 shot ....
In the third I singled the :3: who I have included in my pick fives in about every one of her 10 second place finishes...just like the horse and she finally rewarded me in a race where she was passed twice by two different horses in the stretch and still came back to win...great heart!! In the fourth I went two deep and included the :1: based on her breeding and 1:12 gate drill...won easily and is going to be a real horse down the line...the fifth was a no brainer claim dropping single...
as a pick five player there are long droughts and my bankroll was getting low so this was a timely win...I'm too old to embellish but after I cash at Retama this afternoon I'll see if I can show proof

Stoleitbreezing
07-30-2016, 10:42 AM
14 years ago when I was 18 I was on the 2nd floor in the now defunct Balmoral Park Harness Facility. At the time I was working a minimum wage job at a restaurant and down $250, a big sum from what I earned at the restaurant.

I went to the ATM 2 or 3 times and was just completely off for much of the day. I got there for simulcasting at 11AM and was tired, hungry, and pissed I was down so much. It was evening time now and I had 30 dollars left. I told myself I was going to handicap the hell out of the next race.

That race was at Turfway Park. It was a low level claimer event with 9 horses. I did something that I never do and completely scratched out the 5 horses I didn't like. Usually I'll just eliminate horses, but never scratch out unless of course they are a scratch. Anyways. I come up with my 4 horses I like. Because I'm running bad, I box all 4 horses in the exacta for a dollar. I bet 10 bucks on the horse I like to win. 0 minutes to post I'm feeling confident about the race and my finger lands on the superfecta button, something I never played because of my modest wage at the restaurant.

I liked the :4: to win and thought he would get a nice trip behind the early speed. 5-1
the :2: was the frontrunner and appeared to be one of the only speeds of the race. 2.80-1
the :3: was the longshot horse who liked to share and would get a lot of 3rds.
the :8: was the 9/5 ML favorite who I absolutely hated on form and jockey. I said to myself I'll put the K*** 4th. :lol: (see jock name when clicking on link below)

I just get the bet off before the race closed. I was going to be a tri but the machine cutoff.

As expected the :2: takes the lead from the start and is closely tracked by the :3: in second. The :4: broke well and stalked from 4th, while the :8: was not far behind in 5th. As they raced to the half it became obvious I had the exacta box in the bag with the 2nd flight of runners far far back from the top group. I remember thinking I got 40 bucks coming from the exacta. Anything would be nice considering the beating I was taking.

They swung into the lane and the :2: was still on the lead, while the :3: started to weaken, the :4: started his run and was gaining on the :2: the :8: made his way into 4th as they approached the wire. I was so happy I had the exacta locked up I had forgotten I played the superfecta. The :4: runs up to the :2: and snaps that horse at the wire to win by a half length.

A sharp feeling in my stomach happened and I felt my heart rate increase. I said to myself "I think I got this super!" My much older track buddies I hung out with were afternoon guys, and I found myself looking for a familiar face. A greek man I had never seen before was looking at his program the next table over so I asked. "How much you think that super pays?" I pointed to the Turfway monitor. He thinks for a minute and says "Oh...I'd say 1200. You have it for a dollar right?" A huge smile came over my face as I happily showed my ticket betting it for $2 dollars! I had the super COLD with prices finally official I received 2,292.80 after taxes. The exacta was 28 for a buck and I got my 10 bucks to win for $65. My pockets stuffed with money for the first time I quietly walked out alone my heart still beating out my chest. I proceeded to yell as I made my way to the freeway on my way home. I actually got lost on the way back missing my exit because I was so excited. :D

For a short time I was called the "Ice Man" for the ice cold $2 dollar ticket. Whenever I get asked by someone unaware or ignorant to why people bet the horses I tell them this story and make the comparison to boxing. You can lose every round (every race) then BOOM! signer! Below is the chart for the race.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=TP&raceDate=03/28/2002&cy=USA&rn=6

coachv30
07-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Last night I hit the pick 5 at Delmar on a $20 ticket for $3360.00...thought the first race had a false favorite so went five deep and got a 10-1 shot....In the second I figured the :1: horse would be completely overbet and because they are 2 yo fillies I went all except the :1:, and got a 3-1 shot ....
In the third I singled the :3: who I have included in my pick fives in about every one of her 10 second place finishes...just like the horse and she finally rewarded me in a race where she was passed twice by two different horses in the stretch and still came back to win...great heart!! In the fourth I went two deep and included the :1: based on her breeding and 1:12 gate drill...won easily and is going to be a real horse down the line...the fifth was a no brainer claim dropping single...
as a pick five player there are long droughts and my bankroll was getting low so this was a timely win...I'm too old to embellish but after I cash at Retama this afternoon I'll see if I can show proof

Great Score!!!:ThmbUp:

coachv30
07-30-2016, 01:52 PM
14 years ago when I was 18 I was on the 2nd floor in the now defunct Balmoral Park Harness Facility. At the time I was working a minimum wage job at a restaurant and down $250, a big sum from what I earned at the restaurant.

I went to the ATM 2 or 3 times and was just completely off for much of the day. I got there for simulcasting at 11AM and was tired, hungry, and pissed I was down so much. It was evening time now and I had 30 dollars left. I told myself I was going to handicap the hell out of the next race.

That race was at Turfway Park. It was a low level claimer event with 9 horses. I did something that I never do and completely scratched out the 5 horses I didn't like. Usually I'll just eliminate horses, but never scratch out unless of course they are a scratch. Anyways. I come up with my 4 horses I like. Because I'm running bad, I box all 4 horses in the exacta for a dollar. I bet 10 bucks on the horse I like to win. 0 minutes to post I'm feeling confident about the race and my finger lands on the superfecta button, something I never played because of my modest wage at the restaurant.

I liked the :4: to win and thought he would get a nice trip behind the early speed. 5-1
the :2: was the frontrunner and appeared to be one of the only speeds of the race. 2.80-1
the :3: was the longshot horse who liked to share and would get a lot of 3rds.
the :8: was the 9/5 ML favorite who I absolutely hated on form and jockey. I said to myself I'll put the K*** 4th. :lol: (see jock name when clicking on link below)

I just get the bet off before the race closed. I was going to be a tri but the machine cutoff.

As expected the :2: takes the lead from the start and is closely tracked by the :3: in second. The :4: broke well and stalked from 4th, while the :8: was not far behind in 5th. As they raced to the half it became obvious I had the exacta box in the bag with the 2nd flight of runners far far back from the top group. I remember thinking I got 40 bucks coming from the exacta. Anything would be nice considering the beating I was taking.

They swung into the lane and the :2: was still on the lead, while the :3: started to weaken, the :4: started his run and was gaining on the :2: the :8: made his way into 4th as they approached the wire. I was so happy I had the exacta locked up I had forgotten I played the superfecta. The :4: runs up to the :2: and snaps that horse at the wire to win by a half length.

A sharp feeling in my stomach happened and I felt my heart rate increase. I said to myself "I think I got this super!" My much older track buddies I hung out with were afternoon guys, and I found myself looking for a familiar face. A greek man I had never seen before was looking at his program the next table over so I asked. "How much you think that super pays?" I pointed to the Turfway monitor. He thinks for a minute and says "Oh...I'd say 1200. You have it for a dollar right?" A huge smile came over my face as I happily showed my ticket betting it for $2 dollars! I had the super COLD with prices finally official I received 2,292.80 after taxes. The exacta was 28 for a buck and I got my 10 bucks to win for $65. My pockets stuffed with money for the first time I quietly walked out alone my heart still beating out my chest. I proceeded to yell as I made my way to the freeway on my way home. I actually got lost on the way back missing my exit because I was so excited. :D

For a short time I was called the "Ice Man" for the ice cold $2 dollar ticket. Whenever I get asked by someone unaware or ignorant to why people bet the horses I tell them this story and make the comparison to boxing. You can lose every round (every race) then BOOM! signer! Below is the chart for the race.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=TP&raceDate=03/28/2002&cy=USA&rn=6

Gotta Love it!!:ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
07-30-2016, 01:59 PM

Now that is a NICE ROI on a ticket! Way to knock 1 out of the PARK!

coachv30
08-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Two SINGLES actually came through for me.......:jump:

coachv30
08-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Had to go a little deeper in the pocket to bring this one down...

coachv30
08-06-2016, 04:00 PM
It's been a GOOD summer...

EMD4ME
08-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Hey CoachV30!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP AND CLONE IT :) :) :)

no breathalyzer
08-06-2016, 10:47 PM
coach i salute you!.. you seem very sharp . and you seem to really know harness racing

coachv30
08-13-2016, 04:24 PM
I'm glad the rain held off til after the 5th....

coachv30
08-19-2016, 05:45 PM
I didn't have the :2: @ 40-1 in the last leg.

coachv30
08-23-2016, 12:58 PM
I thought this would have paid better. Three co-favorites out of the money at 3-1. It finished 5-1 , 40-1 , 20-1 , 13-1. Not complaining, just saying......

lamboguy
08-23-2016, 01:04 PM
my best score were the french fries at Aqueduct in the winter time. i haven't been there in a long time and don't know if they still have them.

Nitro
08-23-2016, 01:40 PM
my best score were the french fries at Aqueduct in the winter time. i haven't been there in a long time and don't know if they still have them.
I’m not sure they’re still available at AQU, but for an off-track substitute visit the Nathan’s at Coney Island for a nice score of French fries! ;)