PDA

View Full Version : Dave Schwartz?

Maxspa
07-05-2004, 06:39 PM
ALL,
Will Dave Schwartz come to the Saratoga P.A. get-together this August? Even if he sells an HTR program on e-bay will Beth let him go.Sure hope both are positives!
Maxspa

Dave Schwartz
07-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Max,

Thanks for asking. I'd really love to but it is not possible this year.

We have a vacation to Mexico in early August and an eBay buying trip later in August.

I was hoping that Ken and I could both return with our wives this year but it just can't work out.

Dave

Tom
07-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
ALL,
Will Dave Schwartz come to the Saratoga P.A. get-together this August? Even if he sells an HTR program on e-bay will Beth let him go.Sure hope both are positives!
Maxspa

If Dave is selling HTR programs on ebay, Ken Massa might want to talk to him! :eek:

Suff
07-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
ALL,
Maxspa
schwatrz aint invitened this year

Dave Schwartz
07-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Suff,

Oh, now you've done it. You've hurt my feelings.

Imagine, I have been rejected by Suff.

BTW, spelling counts.

Suff
07-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Suff,

Oh, now you've done it. You've hurt my feelings.

Imagine, I have been rejected by Suff.

BTW, spelling counts.

no doubt the best handicapping software on the planet.... hsh...

that i'll stand bye,,, you drove me crazy... I drove you crazy...

doe'nt change that your program is the best in america..

god bless you and beth

Topcat
07-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Max,

Thanks for asking. I'd really love to but it is not possible this year.

We have a vacation to Mexico in early August and an eBay buying trip later in August.

I was hoping that Ken and I could both return with our wives this year but it just can't work out.

Dave

I'm curious about the ebay buying trip. Do you do it in Mexico?
That's for Beth's business right?

charleslanger
07-06-2004, 06:47 AM
your program is the best in america..

god bless you and beth

I heartily second both those lines...

Dave Schwartz
07-06-2004, 09:31 AM
TC,

No, the Mexico trip is pure pleasure. (At least that is what we're hoping for.) The kids wanted to see some ruins...

Actually, Beth currently does consignment sales on eBay but is trying to move to a more retail mode. She makes money, a small living, but works very hard.

She's sold some interesting stuff over the last few months... a 1929 Model-A, lots of collectibles, currently working on a collection of about 600 "antique lunchboxes" and about 600 pieces of Texaco memorabillia.

The lunch boxes are a real walk down memory lane. I had no idea that someone would actually pay $500-600 for a Roy Rogers lunch box. People come over some times and are really amazed at the stuff.

The texaco trucks, tankers and airplanes are very cool.

She's also sitting on 15,000 Ken Griffey baseball cards! Everything from rookie cards to gold-plated memorabillia.

She has long looked for a niche... something she could buy cheap and resell. Very tough to find such an item.

Recently I purchased some poker chips from World Poker Supply like these: World Poker Supply (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63759&item=3288384147)

The quality is excellent, the price is amazingly fair. This is the kind of product she is looking to buy.

So, we are going to a convention in Las Vegas in mid-August searching for such stuff.

If you'd care to know more, just write me privately.

Dave

JustRalph
07-06-2004, 11:07 AM
No, the Mexico trip is pure pleasure. (At least that is what we're hoping for.) The kids wanted to see some ruins...

Hey Dick, In that Case take them to Detroit!

She's also sitting on 15,000 Ken Griffey baseball cards! Everything from rookie cards to gold-plated memorabillia.

Dick, Do you mean Griffey Jr? or the original?

Dave Schwartz
07-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Dick? Dick? You are mixing me up with the guy infested with "The Voices?"

Detroit. Funny.

And, yes, I meant Griffey, Jr.

Think about how tough it will be to sell all those cards without ruining the market for them!

Dave