PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Brian Lynvh Suspended

RunForTheRoses
06-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Apparently for weed, Read about it on Thorograoh, here's link to pdf of TDN, can't find any other link.

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/pdf/tdn/tdn160609.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncQ3TczqdSk

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2016, 08:50 PM
So now he must scratch Private Zone from Friday's True North Stks ?
Didn't know trainers were subject to testing too.

Marijuana is a harmless herb with a tantalizing effect, period.

Donttellmeshowme
06-09-2016, 12:13 AM

Yes pretty much everyone that has a license at the track can be tested.

MonmouthParkJoe
06-09-2016, 06:13 AM
My knee jerk reaction to this was its ridiculous. I havent smoked a doobie since I was like 15, just dont care for it. Alcohol is worse in my opinion and it is everywhere you look, especially at the track. I think it is pretty harmless.

On the flip side, the track is his work place. Even if it was legal, you can lose your job showing up to work drunk or high.

therussmeister
06-09-2016, 08:54 AM
My knee jerk reaction to this was its ridiculous. I havent smoked a doobie since I was like 15, just dont care for it. Alcohol is worse in my opinion and it is everywhere you look, especially at the track. I think it is pretty harmless.

On the flip side, the track is his work place. Even if it was legal, you can lose your job showing up to work drunk or high.
But NY Gaming Board is not his employer.

Fager Fan
06-09-2016, 09:34 AM
I'd need to know the rest of the story. Was he suspected of being high on the job and that's why he was tested? I'm against there being any repercussions for what someone does away from the track, but it's a safety concern if someone is drunk or high while handling 1000 pound horses.

So if he was randomly tested and had THC in the blood from smoking a week ago, this is wrong. If he was thought to be high at the track and this is what they had to do to prove it, then it was the right thing to do. There shouldn't be random testing, but instead testing due to suspicions of wrong doing.

I'm also in favor of the horse being able to run for another trainer. If this trainer had horses come up positive, it wouldn't result in immediate suspension and a horse unable to run, but the trainer being positive does? How does this make any sense? I don't think it's fair to penalize the owners in this case.

pandy
06-09-2016, 03:35 PM
I hope there isn't something going on here that we don't know about...like someone associated with racing in N.Y. , or someone who has influence and power, doesn't like Lynch personally, has a grudge against him, for whatever reason, and was able to convince the racing commission to have him tested. It seems odd that he was singled out when the other trainers in the Belmont weren't tested. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

johnhannibalsmith
06-09-2016, 03:43 PM
I had the same reaction when I read it but hated to speculate. It seems as though most places that I have been with "random" testing it sure seemed a tool of convenience rather than of justice.

ronsmac
06-09-2016, 04:17 PM

I'm not sure being high around horses is harmless. Not saying he was high at the time but rules are rules. How old is he anyway? Maybe smoking weed makes you a better trainer. Who knows?

Delta Cone
06-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Maybe smoking weed makes you a better trainer. Who knows?

If that's the case, I think we know who the 2016 Eclipse award will go to:

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/story/snoop-dogg-talks-holograms-2pac-and-chronic-in-web-chat-20130509/snoop-624-1368121236.jpg

chenoa
06-09-2016, 04:30 PM
"Get up, stand up.......stand up for your rights!!"

:lol: :lol:

djm1959
06-09-2016, 05:43 PM
helps me win at the trotters,,,,i reason horses id never dream of if i wasnt smoking,,,,, i been drinking since 70s and i occasionally smoke a wee bit of the herb,,, i never got a hangover from it, but sure have from drinking...

maybe ill need some after looking at the belmont card saturday

haha

MonmouthParkJoe
06-09-2016, 05:45 PM
I'd need to know the rest of the story. Was he suspected of being high on the job and that's why he was tested? I'm against there being any repercussions for what someone does away from the track, but it's a safety concern if someone is drunk or high while handling 1000 pound horses.

So if he was randomly tested and had THC in the blood from smoking a week ago, this is wrong. If he was thought to be high at the track and this is what they had to do to prove it, then it was the right thing to do. There shouldn't be random testing, but instead testing due to suspicions of wrong doing.

I'm also in favor of the horse being able to run for another trainer. If this trainer had horses come up positive, it wouldn't result in immediate suspension and a horse unable to run, but the trainer being positive does? How does this make any sense? I don't think it's fair to penalize the owners in this case.

I believe it hinged on the fact that the horse was entered in his name. Once that happened there was no other option. Had he tested positive beforehand but the horse was not entered yet, it could have been entered in another trainers name.

affirmedny
06-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Maybe he was standing too close to the Jamaican guys on the apron and forgot to hold his breath. :lol:

pandy
06-09-2016, 07:29 PM
If he was intoxicated, or acting intoxicated, I could see testing him. But if he wasn't and a random test showed pot in his bloodstream, I don't see what the big deal is. Now if he was a jockey, that would be different. It sounds like they had it in for him for some reason.

RunForTheRoses
06-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Maybe he was standing too close to the Jamaican guys on the apron and forgot to hold his breath. :lol:

:ThmbUp:

That's Highly likely Mon.

bello
06-10-2016, 11:04 AM
He is pleading not guilty due to getting a contact Gonja high leading a horse onto the track at Aqueduct.