PDA

View Full Version : Belmonr: Sunday, June 5, 2016

Teach
06-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Malocchio. Yes, Malocchio. I know I shouldn’t have been so envious of my neighbor’s new car. Or, maybe it’s self-inflicted? Talk about bad karma. Or maybe it’s the grappa. No wonder I’m goin’ so bad. Maybe I need a cornicello? I think I’ll get out my Nonna’s silver bowl, a pair of scissors and some virgin olive oil. Buona Fortuna!

Race One:

:6: Invisible Crown gets my nod in this 40k maiden claiming route on the Widener. This Street Cry-bred colt’s “been away for a while.” He was claimed out of his last, a 16k dirt race, by trainer Mike Pino for the Bing Cherry outfit. The works have been good-and-steady. Good-and-steady. I believe jockey Eric Cancel is beginning to find his mojo. The colt has hit the tote in five out of six turf tries. Others: 4, 11, 8

Race Two:

:2: City Steel has put together a three-race winning skein. Do I hear four-in-a-row? Belmont’s leading jock, Jose Ortiz, is in the irons. Trainer Gary Gullo with drops off a win and claim repeaters. My only concern: no recent published works. Still, I believe, at his best, this 6 year-old City Zip-bred gelding can prevail. Others: 1, 4, 6

Race Three:

Back on the lawn in an OC 7-panel sprint. My nod goes to :5: Full Mast. This Cozzene-bred colt is making his U.S. debut after campaigning “Across the Pond” in France. The colt’s racing record in stakes races was excellent (his last race was an excusable “clunker”). The Hall of Famer, Bill Mott trains the Danzig-bred. Others: 7, 3, 6

Race Four:

In this 6 and ½ panels maiden claimer on the main I’m goin’ with :3: Strong Dude. This Stephen Got Even-bred colt has been knocking on the graduation door. The colt has hit the tote in his last four. A solid “bullet” work, albeit one month ago, appears to say he’s ready. Greg DiPrima trains; Javier Castellano is in the irons. Others: 5, 2, 7

Race Five:

A turf sprint on The Inner. A longshot try. :10: Corpie the Cat. Yes, he’s trying the lawn for the first time. Yet, this Storm Cat-bred chestnut colt’s breeding suggests he should handle the grass. His dam produced a turf winner. Todd Pletcher trains this Meadowlake-bred colt. Senor Luis Saez is in the irons. Others: 9, 6, 5

Race Six:

In this MSW state-bred sprint, I’m going with :6: Young Anna Lee. This Posse-bred filly has been literally “knocking on the door” in her attempt to break her maiden. The filly’s hit the tote in three out of four tries. It’s her third start off a layoff for trainer Joe Sharp. A recent sharp workout signals readiness. Luis Saez has the call. Others: 4, 5, 3

Race Seven:

In this 7-furlong state-bred turf allowance3 my choice is :10: Storm Prophet. This Tale of the Cat-bred quarter-million dollar easily broke his maiden in state-bred MSW company. Anything resembling that effort and this grandson of Storm Cat should once again grace the winner’s circle. Jose Ortiz reprises the ride for the most capable trainer, Mike Hushion. Trainer Hushion does very well with horses who broke their maiden in their last race. Others: 7, 1, 4

Race Eight:

In The Wonder Again non-graded state-bred turf-route stakes I’m casting my lot with :2: Time and Motion. The Hall of Famer, Johnny V., is in the irons for trainer Jim Toner. This Tapit/Pulpit-bred colt has won his last two. He certainly has a solid chance of making it three-straight. This Kris S.-bred turned in a solid, recent morning work in preparation for today’s race. Others: 5, 3, 6.

Race Nine:

In the finale, I’m going with :9: Congrats Kid. Thyis A.P. Indy-bred colt broke his maiden in his last and now competes against winners. I believe this Tale of the Cat-bred can handle the competition. Steve Asmussen trains this 3 year-old colt. Asmussen does very withy horses who broke their maiden in their previous race. Asmussen also does well in claiming races. Javier Castellano is in the irons. Others: 7, 3, 4

mannyberrios
06-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Go get em