PDA

View Full Version : Help With NY Statebreds

Bob Harris
01-29-2002, 11:27 PM
Board,

I've been playing the NY circuit much more frequently recently and I'm having difficulty gauging the statebreds when they move into open company. Does anyone have a workable guideline for where statebred NW1x fit with open claiming and also where statebred MSW fit with open MCL?

Thanks!!

Bob

andicap
01-30-2002, 11:03 AM
this time of year statebreds are pretty lame. NW1 who are 4 year olds now are terrible....maybe 15K claimers.
Younger ones 3 yr NW1 are sometimes better, especially lightly raced ones. I would rate them a bit higher.

Can't tell you anything about MSW and MCL

ag

Bob Harris
01-30-2002, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Andicap!

15k actually makes pretty good sense...I had a gentleman in the Chicago area help me out with this situation when I was dealing with Illinois statebreds for the first time. He told me that the NW1x were competitive at the open 10k level and that guideline has worked well for me. I assumed the NY program was a level or two higher but wanted to get some feedback from players more familiar with that circuit.

I appreciate your input!!

Bob

Dave Schwartz
01-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Bob,

When you asked me privately I thought you wanted detailed pars for NY StBreds. Sorry I misunderstood your question.

My opinion is that during this time of the year an open NW1 in NY is about a $20k claimer, or what we call a 103. That would put a statebred at about 101.5, or about a $14k claimer.

It is often tough to really know because it very much depends upon who is on the grounds THIS year and that can be very different from last year. It can even vary widely from sprints to routes just because, coincidently, the current crop of NW1 and/or statebreds might not be bred for the distance.

And remember that NW1 is a very dynamic scenario... It changes everytime someone steps up.

All that being said, the simple answer is: NW1 statebreds in NY are a 101.5. <G>

Dave

Bob Harris
01-30-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks Dave...it looks like your data and Andicap's intuition are in the same ballpark. The info will help a lot!

Bob