PDA

View Full Version : Liberalism is great, until it happens to you

Clocker
06-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Oops, it's the old NIMBY thing (not in my back yard). AKA what goes around comes around. AKA be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Maya Dillard Smith, interim director of the Georgia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, has resigned over the ACLU’s position on who can use which public restrooms. The resignation occurred after her two daughters were traumatized by encountering men in the women’s restroom.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/06/aclu-leader-quits-after-daughters-encounter-men-in-the-womens-restroom.php (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/06/aclu-leader-quits-after-daughters-encounter-men-in-the-womens-restroom.php)

Tom
06-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Was one of the men OBama?
He seems to think that kind of perverted behavior is fine.
BTW, do HIS daughters have to go by this rule?

mostpost
06-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Oops, it's the old NIMBY thing (not in my back yard). AKA what goes around comes around. AKA be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/06/aclu-leader-quits-after-daughters-encounter-men-in-the-womens-restroom.php (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/06/aclu-leader-quits-after-daughters-encounter-men-in-the-womens-restroom.php)
The more I am thinking about this subject, the more I am leaning to revising my opinion. I still don't think we have to worry about hetero men pretending to be transgender in order to look at women in washrooms. But I can see where a woman would be uncomfortable having a man-regardless of what (she) thinks he is-sharing a washroom. And I can see that it would be worse for a teen or preteen.

Unisex bathrooms are commonplace in Europe. There are urinals for men and stalls for women and men who need such. But Americans are simply not used to such a setup. I am really not sure what the solution is, but, as Mr Spock would say, "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

davew
06-04-2016, 10:03 PM
this says a lot (from the article) ->

A transgender activist — a biological male who goes by the name Cheryl Courtney-Evans — responded to Dillard Smith’s resignation by calling her “lazy,” “ill-educated,” and a “b–ch” who needs to sit down and “STFU.” No one who has seen LGBT activists in action will be surprised by this charming response.

johnhannibalsmith
06-04-2016, 10:54 PM
The more I am thinking about this subject, the more I am leaning to revising my opinion. I still don't think we have to worry about hetero men pretending to be transgender in order to look at women in washrooms. But I can see where a woman would be uncomfortable having a man-regardless of what (she) thinks he is-sharing a washroom. And I can see that it would be worse for a teen or preteen.

Unisex bathrooms are commonplace in Europe. There are urinals for men and stalls for women and men who need such. But Americans are simply not used to such a setup. I am really not sure what the solution is, but, as Mr Spock would say, "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few."

I'm not sure what the solution is either, but when men like you are willing to step back and strip away the politics in an issue, there's a fighting chance we might figure it out. Now the other side might think about attempting some empathy and maybe if everyone can see all sides we can stop worrying about the shitter. Best post in a long while in this forum just because there's hope for humanity suddenly.

JustRalph
06-05-2016, 12:25 AM
In the early 90's the Ohio State Patrol was forced to assign Troopers to go under cover in the restrooms along the public rest areas across Ohio. This was due to men dressing as women and entering the restrooms and accosting women, including taking pictures. These teams also worked the men's rooms due to complaints about gay men practicing prostitution in the rest rooms.

I cannot imagine how muddy the waters are now.

Marshall Bennett
06-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Welcome back Ralph. :ThmbUp:

pandy
06-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Another factor that is often overlooked, there are a lot of women in this country that has been victims of sexual abuse, or abuse by men. This includes rape victims and women who were abused by their lover or husband. This is a much bigger number than people realize. Literally millions of women have been victims of sort sort of abuse. It's simply not fair for these women to have to be in a bathroom when a man walks in.

lamboguy
06-05-2016, 08:37 AM
i think that both liberal and conservative are nothing more than labels. to have to label yourself either one is not healthy for a democracy.

zico20
06-05-2016, 08:54 AM
In the early 90's the Ohio State Patrol was forced to assign Troopers to go under cover in the restrooms along the public rest areas across Ohio. This was due to men dressing as women and entering the restrooms and accosting women, including taking pictures. These teams also worked the men's rooms due to complaints about gay men practicing prostitution in the rest rooms.

I cannot imagine how muddy the waters are now.

I am shocked by your post. Mostpost says there is no such problem of men ever dressing like women to go into the womens restroom. I think you are mistaken, afterall, Mostpost is never wrong on anything. :lol:

BTW, welcome back, please stay!

zico20
06-07-2016, 10:02 PM
NYC is spending 265 thousand dollars on an ad promoting people to use whatever restroom they want. Damn, if I wasn't married I would move to NYC and look at vaginas all day long. :lol:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/07/nyc-spends-265g-to-urge-people-to-use-restroom-their-choice.html?intcmp=hplnws

Tom
06-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Gere;s a good ad:

Go to NY.
Piss on the mayor. Everyone.

No charge. My treat.

johnhannibalsmith
06-07-2016, 10:54 PM
...Damn, if I wasn't married I would move to NYC and look at vaginas all day long. :lol:

I don't want to upset our gracious host here at PA by including a link, but trust me, you can do that with out moving much more than it takes to open a new tab on your browser. :)

classhandicapper
06-08-2016, 04:12 PM
NYC is spending 265 thousand dollars on an ad promoting people to use whatever restroom they want.

I would suggest he be beaten senseless, but that would require him to have any sense to begin with. ;)

We may have found a person that's more of a nincompoop than Obama.

With all the needs of this city, what an F'n waste of 265k.

Rookies
06-09-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure what the solution is either, but when men like you are willing to step back and strip away the politics in an issue, there's a fighting chance we might figure it out. Now the other side might think about attempting some empathy and maybe if everyone can see all sides we can stop worrying about the shitter. Best post in a long while in this forum just because there's hope for humanity suddenly.

I too, am uncertain about the solution, other than the intro of single, unisex, bathrooms. We do have some of these in Toronto, not necessarily due to this subset community. But, I am loathe to go to that high cost solution. Again, I think the numbers are infinitesimal vis-a-vis the general pop, but not sure how to find common ground.

In addition, the community itself is often anxious or nervous, due to the traumatic life shift. At least one personal friend is and yes, he did try suicide during one of the changeover years. Nothing is fun or funny about the topic.

Tom
06-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Myself, I cannot understand the idea that there is a problem.
Society doesn't have a problem- individuals have a problem.
There are only two sexes - male and female. You use the bathroom that you belong in. Just because you mind is so twisted that you are not sure what you are is NOT society's problem - it is YOURS and yours alone. Stay the hell home. You are not fit to pee in public.

Is anyone unsure if Caitlyn should be allowed to go in EITHER bathroom?:bang:

Steve 'StatMan'
06-10-2016, 08:39 AM
This drives me nuts. People have used the public restrooms for countless years and knew where to go. 2 problems - some being hastled for it, and others committing crimes.

If your'e a woman or a true or transionaing transsexual and you are dressing female, look and act like one, used the stalls and act like you've been there before. Don't tell anyone in there you haven't always been a woman.

If you're a man, or a female who has had the physical change, look and act like a man, and use the urinals assuming you have the proper parts. If you are transitioning and don't have the male part, use the stall, but again, act like you've been there before and look like a male. Do not let anyone know you've not always been a male.

When one has not fully made the transition, and is dressing like the gender they were born/assigned, use that bathroom. But dress consistently and not keep switching back and forth.

We do need people to behave in the rest room, and not harass people who we thing are not naturally on our genders, and not assult them. Likely more common among males esp. young males than females.

But as for School, don't just say, "Use which ever one you want." That just opens up problems with young men being jerks and wanting to see young women & girls private parts. If a student needs the opposite bathroom and is dressing the part, inform the Principal so it is know that one is doing this - for the law to work, do not give the Principal the power to say no. However, the student must dress like and act like the gender they portray, and not be switching back and forth. Plus, anyone commiting lewed or indecent acts should be punished (this is outside the rare occasion where someone may briefly expose a private part while legitimately adjusting their clothing.

Nobody should be 'inspecting anyone and no sexual acts should be going on in school bathrooms.

This was likely going on and it was fine until the ones that were 'different' and their supporter started crying loudly in public about this. If we don't know you are not what you reperesent yourself as, gender-wise, we are none-the-wiser until you tell us! Yes, bullying needs to stop, and likely it has been in schools. But damn it! Now you've caused a social free-for-all on a normally quiet issue, and now our nation looks and feels like it doesn't even know how and what bathrooms to use anymore! We're a ****ing national and world-wide disgrace! (and OK for many of you pricks, a disgrace in more ways than one.)

pandy
06-10-2016, 08:53 AM
The bottom line with this, no laws should have been changed. Things were fine the way they are. I know someone who had a sex change operation decades ago and has been using the ladie's room with no problem. Charlotte N.C. created it's own law which stated that you can use a bathroom that you identify with, even in schools. The gov. then got hit with a barrage of calls and emails from concerned citizens and he passed a law that said that in schools and public buildings, such as libraries, you had to use the bathroom of the sex that is on your birth certificate. If you had a sex change operation, and it was changed on your birth certificate, that's okay. He should have never had to create that law but Charlotte caused the problem.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Agree. No laws should have been changed. Wonder if most of this hysteria is that the general public hasn't know the laws or thought about this subject before, or at least not to this extent.

Oh for normal, sweet normal. Even if it was secretively surprising.

zico20
06-10-2016, 09:23 AM
This drives me nuts. People have used the public restrooms for countless years and knew where to go. 2 problems - some being hastled for it, and others committing crimes.

If your'e a woman or a true or transionaing transsexual and you are dressing female, look and act like one, used the stalls and act like you've been there before. Don't tell anyone in there you haven't always been a woman.

If you're a man, or a female who has had the physical change, look and act like a man, and use the urinals assuming you have the proper parts. If you are transitioning and don't have the male part, use the stall, but again, act like you've been there before and look like a male. Do not let anyone know you've not always been a male.

When one has not fully made the transition, and is dressing like the gender they were born/assigned, use that bathroom. But dress consistently and not keep switching back and forth.

We do need people to behave in the rest room, and not harass people who we thing are not naturally on our genders, and not assult them. Likely more common among males esp. young males than females.

But as for School, don't just say, "Use which ever one you want." That just opens up problems with young men being jerks and wanting to see young women & girls private parts. If a student needs the opposite bathroom and is dressing the part, inform the Principal so it is know that one is doing this - for the law to work, do not give the Principal the power to say no. However, the student must dress like and act like the gender they portray, and not be switching back and forth. Plus, anyone commiting lewed or indecent acts should be punished (this is outside the rare occasion where someone may briefly expose a private part while legitimately adjusting their clothing.

Nobody should be 'inspecting anyone and no sexual acts should be going on in school bathrooms.

This was likely going on and it was fine until the ones that were 'different' and their supporter started crying loudly in public about this. If we don't know you are not what you reperesent yourself as, gender-wise, we are none-the-wiser until you tell us! Yes, bullying needs to stop, and likely it has been in schools. But damn it! Now you've caused a social free-for-all on a normally quiet issue, and now our nation looks and feels like it doesn't even know how and what bathrooms to use anymore! We're a ****ing national and world-wide disgrace! (and OK for many of you pricks, a disgrace in more ways than one.)

Could you please elaborate on how boys and girls are supposed to act in high school as to their gender. You have obviously not been in a high school recently. Boys and girls dress the same. My girls do not always wear make up everyday and they sure the heck don't wear dresses or mini skirts to school on a regular basis. How is a girl supposed to dress so everyone knows she is a female. What about the days one of my girls does wear a skirt to school. Does she have to wear it everyday and not ever wear jeans and a t shirt ever again. That seems to be what you are implying.

Fager Fan
06-10-2016, 02:04 PM
I have a far better solution. Let the kid use the staff restroom. These are used by adults who can handle the situation. If that's not good enough for the kid, then we know it's just an activist kid trying to get his way.

Tor Ekman
06-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Someone should organize a national operation chaos . . . on a given day, men self-identify as "womyn" for the day and proceed to use ladies restrooms all across the nation, especially at college campuses, leaving behind piss on the un-raised toilet seats and the stench of the previous evening's dinner (which preferably would be a bean and garlic laden repast). Let it be a teachable moment for the social justice warriors.

Fager Fan
06-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Someone should organize a national operation chaos . . . on a given day, men self-identify as "womyn" for the day and proceed to use ladies restrooms all across the nation, especially at college campuses, leaving behind piss on the un-raised toilet seats and the stench of the previous evening's dinner (which preferably would be a bean and garlic laden repast). Let it be a teachable moment for the social justice warriors.

After the Feds sued NC, I begged a group of retired men in NC to go to Washington and do just that in their own buildings. Not quite the way you put it, but camp out in the women's rooms just to prove the point. They're not shit-stirrers though, or wanting to get in trouble with the police or want the press. And this is why the silent majority loses out so often. We never squeak. It's just not part of our normal character.

Tom
06-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Let's make this day one to remember.....men go to woman's clothing stores and try on bras and panties, in the woman' changing rooms. "Forget"your stained boxes and leave them hanging over the dressing room doors when you leave.

Go to stores where they have those parking spaced set aside for women with children and park in them - tell anyone who is nearby you feel a bit preggers today.

Go to ladies night at any bar and make a huge scene if your are given the same drink deals. Get into a cat fight.

zico20
06-12-2016, 09:09 AM
An Oregon judge has ruled that a transgender is now classified as non-binary as far as their gender is concerned. The person was a male and now a female. This messed up person claims that he/she is a third sex. Wow, some people are really mentally screwed up. I wonder what insurance rates this person will get as far as health, life and car. Do we need to make a fourth restroom for these new people. :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/oregon-judge-allows-person-to-change-gender-from-female-to-non-binary.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Clocker
06-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Agree. No laws should have been changed. Wonder if most of this hysteria is that the general public hasn't know the laws or thought about this subject before, or at least not to this extent.

The issue isn't the law, it is a new interpretation of the law by the Obama administration. They say that Title IX, which requires equal opportunity for males and females in school sports, also applies to transgenders and access to bathrooms and locker rooms. And any school that does not comply with their interpretation may have federal money cut off.

Fager Fan
06-12-2016, 10:10 AM
I can't wait til men get sex changes to compete and be superstars in women's sports. I wonder if Libs will love that too.

horses4courses
06-12-2016, 10:17 AM
I can't wait til men get sex changes to compete and be superstars in women's sports. I wonder if Libs will love that too.

Ever hear of Renee Richards?
Been there, done that.

Clocker
06-12-2016, 10:42 AM

You don't need an operation, you just have to "identify" as female:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/03/high-school-boy-wins-all-state-honors-in-girls-track-and-field/

Tom
06-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Fager Fan

Didn't East Germany used to do that?

Fager Fan
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Ever hear of Renee Richards?
Been there, done that.

I have, and meant widespread.

As an aside, Richards says it was clearly unfair, that had she had the surgery earlier, no woman would've been able to touch her.

zico20
06-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Women better get used to this new life style. First men are allowed to see little girls in the locker room, then men are allowed to play on the womens' sports teams. Now we have a third one. A boy who identifies as a non binary has been named prom queen and the girls at the school are really pissed off. :lol:

You would think that women would wake up and vote for Trump and end this non sense. Then again, if this continues then we may be able to move women into third class citizens behind men and the transgenders.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/26/girls-jealous-after-fame-high-school-crowns-boy-prom-queen/

pandy
06-26-2016, 08:11 PM
I do wonder how many women feel that this not only threatens them and their children, but lessons their right of privacy. And the protesters like Springsteen, and most of the politicians pushing these bathroom laws are men.

zico20
07-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Only an idiot could not see this coming. I guess I am referring to liberals. A transgender was arrested for taking pictures of another woman inside a Target store in the dressing room. This is just the first of many incidents to come.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/13/transgender-woman-arrested-in-voyeurism-incident-at-idaho-target.html

Clocker
07-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Only an idiot could not see this coming. I guess I am referring to liberals. A transgender was arrested for taking pictures of another woman inside a Target store in the dressing room. This is just the first of many incidents to come.

Not the first by a long shot, including many reports of horny little 'transgendered' high school boys with smart phone cameras in the girls locker room.

pandy
07-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Many of my friends seemed positive that this type of thing wouldn't happen. To me it seemed inevitable. The amount of sexual predators in this country is frightening.

JustRalph
07-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Many of my friends seemed positive that this type of thing wouldn't happen. To me it seemed inevitable. The amount of sexual predators in this country is frightening.

Amen!

davew
07-14-2016, 02:42 AM
transgender ? arrested for voyeurism

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-idaho-voyeurism-arrest-idUSKCN0ZU04W

zico20
08-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Looks like the Supreme Court got one right this time. They voted 5-3 in favor of the school board to not allow a Virginia transgender to use the bathroom of his choice. The three liberal women were in dissent, meaning it was Breyer who broke rank.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/supreme-court-blocks-transgender-bathroom-ruling-n622476

zico20
08-16-2016, 06:00 PM
This North Carolina school district has completely lost its marbles. The teachers are not allowed to say boys or girls anymore. Also, boys can go on overnight sleep overs with girls if they choose. There is more nonsense in the article.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/16/nc-school-to-teachers-dont-call-students-boys-and-girls.html

chadk66
08-16-2016, 08:35 PM
I pitty the poor boy that follows my grand daughter into the girls bathroom.