PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pick 5 June 2nd Discussion

Colorado_Mike
06-02-2016, 11:55 AM
I've gone through the races a few times and jotted down what I like. Any thoughts on any of the races let me know. Thanks!

Race 1
A (3) 3-1 morning line, recent works good, trainers stats solid, j/t 36%
B (7) looks good on paper, would have liked to see workout though since coming back from the west coast
C (5) can see top two selections pressing each other, maybe he can close later and upset the field.

Race 2
A (2) Hate chalk in cheaper claiming races but didn't see anywhere else to go for top spot.
B (5) 2nd off 22%, (7) competitive beyers, does like to lose though at this level
C (8) Good last workout, weight advantage, liking the new jockey

Race 3
A (5) liking the last effort and not impresses with the ml favorites. trainer showing faith by moving up.
B (4)(6) both logical and very capable of winning
C (2) hasn't been right since race last June of 2015, recent works though solid and I think thee are the types of horses kendrick scores on

Race 4
A (5) my favorite horse of the day, in tougher this time but go back and watch the replay of her maiden score
B (3) like the effort last out, think if Franco gets her to the front and slows down pace you never know. big oods
C (2) javi and chad brown are javi and chad brown

Race
A (1 / 1A) Not excited about putting a 3/5 as my top play but sometimes they are just the best. 1A particularly last workout .47 and enlgehart owns these claiming level races
B (5) first time gelding angle, won last out.

So these are my Pick 5 plays. Very open to discussion in any of the races. Like I said before I enjoy figuring races out with others. Lets all hit this and make some money.

johnhannibalsmith
06-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I played the sequence and am pretty sure that I shouldn't have. I thought last night that it was the sort of sequence where if you can catch something under the radar in race four (which I thought had the potential to be a much more contentious race than the M/L prior to scratches alluded to) and then beating one of the two likely odds-on favorites in the sequence (US Citizen, Roll Tide Roll), both of whom looked best but certainly come equipped with a little touch of grey on every silver lining at a short price - then maybe you can turn a bunch of low to okay win pays into a decent return in pick pool.

I wrote out about 20 variations on the theme, intended to play several tickets so I didn't wind up feeling successful gettting 8-5 on a winning ticket with a $25 winner mixed in there. But in the end I confused myself into oblivion and just played one $216 ticket that the more I consider the play, the more that I think that I should have just passed or looked for value within the races themselves - despite the latter attitude being the approach that confsued my into an oblivion that led me to elect to think about a pick 5. :D

Colorado_Mike
06-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Didn't play the (1) in the 1st race, which is just dumb. Cashed on pick 4, and a nice win bet on the 5 that I really liked. Can't complain.