PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 4th Race June 2nd

Colorado_Mike
06-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Overall a pretty competitive race on the turf. I've been going through each horse and have decided on Squeeze (5). The morning line on her is 4-1 and with Chad Brown having two entries I'm hoping they suck all the money in. The reason for liking this horse is rather simple. Go back and watch her maiden win. The drive she makes down the stretch is beautiful, and she kept going. I know this level of a race will be a bigger challenge but if I can get anything around 3-1 on her I will bet one million US dollars. I think Annie Rocks is interesting as well, may use her for 2nd in the exacta. Thinking she'll go out front like previous race, maybe Franco will slow her down though so she has something left in the tank.

Check her out guys, let me know what you think or if you like another horse in the race.

Colorado_Mike
06-01-2016, 09:06 PM
The more I look at the (3) Annie Rocks the more I think she has a solid chance at 30-1 ML. Looking you see her beyer numbers aren't up to par the last two races with other horses in the field. BUT, she has been working out fine, has experience at this level and to me will be the only horse out front. If no other horse goes out to press her she may run off. Very interesting at 30-1, I think she will take some action though.

betovernetcapper
06-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I agree that Squeeze is a contender & his trainer stats are good in this situation. Having said that, the two French horses Belle Postiere & She Doesn't Mind, have staggering trainer stats & should do well. The favorite Stella Rose has done nothing wrong & has a good figure. Secure Access has two excuses for her last & if he moves up from her two year old figure could be a bear. Width while win less on the turf, was entered in two stakes as a two year old & ran second in a turf stake. The outside post might hurt hurt her chances, so I'd put her a a secondary candidate tomorrow.
This looks to be a very strong race. :)

betovernetcapper
06-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Good call, CONGRATULATIONS :)

Colorado_Mike
06-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Thanks, 2 had a bit of rough ride which helped. I didn't think the 5 used much though on the stretch, believe there was another gear left. The race replay I mentioned is what sold me.

Tall One
06-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Nice call, Mike. That's a nice filly.

Regarding the winner, assuming you weren't looking at Equibase pp's(only ones I can access here at work) which pp's were you using yesterday, and do they list a 3f work up at Saratoga on the 27th?

Last published work from Keeneland was on the 25th.