PDA

View Full Version : Little Marco says he will run again

highnote
05-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Little Marco may be a flip-flopping politician, but at least that is consistent with what we expect of politicians.

When he dropped out of the running for president he said we wouldn't hear from him again and he was done with politics.

Now he says he's coming back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/marco-rubio-run-safe-assumption_us_574af646e4b055bb11726d8d

I'd rather see a politician flip-flop than lie, but I expect any politician worth his salt to do both.

That's why I don't vote for professional politicians. Regular citizens should serve in office for one or two terms and then turn over the reins to the next citizen.

The longer politicians are in office the more likely they are to become lying, flip-flopping, thieves.

Of course, there are exceptions. Please let me know when you find one. :D

Tom
05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Maybe he will show up to work this time? :rolleyes:
Please, even if it a democrat, keep this jerk out of office.

Rookies
05-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Maybe he will show up to work this time? :rolleyes:
Please, even if it a democrat, keep this jerk out of office.

That is one thing.

Hard to make the case that you are a great leader to run a country, when you rately showed up at the office to do the lower level work!

NEVER plays well with those you asked for help in the first place.

Clocker
05-30-2016, 05:23 PM
Hard to make the case that you are a great leader to run a country, when you rately showed up at the office to do the lower level work!

Sounds like another first term Senator who ran for president 7 or 8 years back, too busy on the campaign trail to make it into the office for votes and such.

I'd say he is a case study that proves your statement about leadership.

Tom
05-30-2016, 06:29 PM
You used the words Obama and leadership in the same post.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
05-30-2016, 07:19 PM
You used the words Obama and leadership in the same post.

Not to nitpick, but...

:D

Stevecsd
05-31-2016, 12:26 PM
I totally agree about electing ordinary citizens and having term limits. That was the original conception.

What private employer would allow you to say "I'm going to look for another job for the next 6 to 8 months up to a year. You must pay me while I'm looking, even though I will probably only be working on my regular duties about 10-15% of the time." You would be shown the door in short order. Yet, we allow these "professional politicians" to do this all the time, and we pay for it.

Of course another way to look at it is, if they aren't in Congress making or passing stupid laws we are all better off. :mad: