PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Monday, May 30

Teach
05-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Race One:

:3: Classy Chris finished a game second in her only pari-mutuel start about a month ago. In a race that’s been taken off the turf and will now be run on the main at seven panels, this 3 year-old filly still looks like the horse to beat. Jockey Joel Rosario will have to angle this daughter of Archarcharch to the outside. Yet, in a 7-panel sprint, there shouldn’t be much trouble in accomplishing that. In fact, the slight stretch-out from her last effort should help. I also like this filly’s breeding to handle a wet surface, particularly the aforementioned Archarcharch (Arch) pedigree. Trainer Lisa Lewis doesn’t saddle many horses, but I believe she has a shot here. Others: :4: , :7: , :5:

Race Two:

:6: Golden Gem gets my nod in this state-bred allowance n1x. Let me state at the outset that I’m partial to Wildcat Heir (Forest Wildcat) breeding on sloppy racing surfaces. This chestnut filly has hit the tote in half her wet-track efforts. The top-notch reinsman, Irad Ortiz, Jr., is back in the irons. A solid recent work appears to indicate readiness. The most capable, Rick Violette, Jr., is the filly’s conditioner. The slight half-panel stretch should help. Others: :7: , :5: , :1:

Race Three:

:1: Eye Luv Lulu is my ML longshot try in this
non-graded Commentator state-bred stakes. Ordinarily I wonder be looking for this horse to win, but opinions can easily change when track conditions change. On a wet track, this Carson City-bred gelding movesup, considerably. Six wins in seven lifetime tries on wet surfaces. Add to the equation, the riding skills of Cornelio Velasquez; he’s very good a rating horses. The red-hot David Jacobson trains. Others: :4: , :2: . :6:

Race Four:

:1: Bar of Gold is my pick in the non-graded Critical Eye for state-breds at one mile. Again, wet surface. This daughter of Medaglia d’Oro should find the wet-track conditions to her liking. She’s 3-for-3 on wet surfaces. Junior Alvarado reprisers the ride for trainer John Kimmel. Others: :5: , :7: , :4:

Race Five:

:12: Grace’s Joy is my choice in this wide-open six furlongs sprint that’s been taken off the turf and will be run on the main. If this race had remained on the grass, I wouldn’t have given this filly as much consideration, but now, on the main; yes, this filly does have a chance. Not one of those bet-the-ranch types, but wouldn’t it be nice to start a Pick-6 six-figure carryover with this stead. Can she pop? As good a chance as any. Dylan Davis for trainer Jim Ryerson. Others: :4: , :6: , :8:

Race Six:

:7: Vicento is my pick in the Mike Lee at 7 panels. First, I like this colt’s breeding to handle a wet track. Second, I’m partial to the Irad Ortiz, Jr./Rudy Rodriguez rider-trainer combo. And then there’s the fact that this colt turned in a rec ent stellar work. I personally believe this colt is sitting on a win. We’ll see. Others: :5: , :1: , :6:

Race Seven:

:7: King Kressa gets my nod in this non-graded turf route, The Kingston. Trainer David Donk does exceptionally well with his turf starters. This 7 year-old has hit the tote in over half his lifetime turf starts. Jockey Jose Ortiz has been hot as a petardo. Second start off a layoff. Others: :2: , :6: , :1:

Race Eight:

:10: Absatootly is a longshot try in the Bouwerie non-graded 7 furlongs stakes. Admittedly, a shot in the dark; yet Charley Baker’s a solid trainer and Jose Ortiz is a top-notch rider. That combo make just be good enough… Add, a sharp recent work on a sloppy track. Others: :5: , :1: , :9:

Race Nine:

:4: Invading Humor was leading at the top of the stretch in the Grade III Cardinal at Churchill last November. This mare did give way in the stretch and finished a fading 7th. She now cuts back a panel in the Mt. Vernon and picks up the services of Jose Lezcano. This mare has a chance of handling this state-bred field. Bruce Levine trains this daughter of Invasor. Others: :5: , :2: , :9:

Race Ten:

:9: Freedom Seven is my longshot try to finish off the card, and hopefully the Pick-6. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t be using this Lemon Dop Kid-bred colt on the greass, but on the main. A wet surface. A chance. Luis Saez rides for trainer Tom Albertrani. Others: :16: , :6: , :4: