05-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Pelicans statement on the passing of Bryce Dejean-Jones

Posted: May 28, 2016
FACEBOOK
GOOGLE PLUS
TWITTER
LINK
May 28, 2016
NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Pelicans released the following statement on the passing of Bryce Dejean-Jones:
“It is with deep sadness that the Pelicans organization acknowledges the sudden passing of Bryce Dejean-Jones. We are devastated at the loss of this young man’s life who had such a promising future ahead of him. Our thoughts and prayers are with Bryce’s family during this difficult time.”

tucker6
05-28-2016, 05:12 PM
It is a sad ending. Wonder what he was doing breaking down someone's door at 3:20am that apparently he didn't even know. The homeowner nailed him with the first shot.

Valuist
05-28-2016, 06:09 PM
I heard on another site that he was kicked out of USC for multiple fights, including pulling a sword on somebody.

Robert Fischer
05-28-2016, 11:32 PM
It is a sad ending. Wonder what he was doing breaking down someone's door at 3:20am that apparently he didn't even know. The homeowner nailed him with the first shot.

Some people are saying that this idiot was going to see a girlfriend he had been fighting with who lived on floor 4 of this complex in the same unit, and mistook this apartment(floor 3) for his girlfriend's apartment. When he thought his girlfriend had locked him out, he kicked in the wrong apartment and the homeowner shot him.

Darwin gonna Darwin.

zico20
05-29-2016, 09:18 PM
You don't see NHL or soccer players pulling this crap. He is either the dumbest guy on the planet or he got what he deserved. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. Another spoiled NBA brat.

cj
05-29-2016, 09:33 PM
You don't see NHL or soccer players pulling this crap. He is either the dumbest guy on the planet or he got what he deserved. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. Another spoiled NBA brat.

LOL you're either kidding or you really don't follow the other sports. They all do dumb things just like society in general. He just paid the ultimate price for his dumb act.

zico20
05-30-2016, 07:23 AM
LOL you're either kidding or you really don't follow the other sports. They all do dumb things just like society in general. He just paid the ultimate price for his dumb act.

Everyone does dumb things, yes, but hockey and soccer players do not do things that dumb. I hope you are not saying hockey and soccer players are as violent or stupid as basketball or football players, because they are clearly not.

azeri98
05-30-2016, 07:00 PM
Everyone does dumb things, yes, but hockey and soccer players do not do things that dumb. I hope you are not saying hockey and soccer players are as violent or stupid as basketball or football players, because they are clearly not.
Hockey I would agree with but soccer players are bad, most of them are from the streets and grew up in poverty just like NBA players, violence is a big part of their life.

zico20
05-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Hockey I would agree with but soccer players are bad, most of them are from the streets and grew up in poverty just like NBA players, violence is a big part of their life.

Please name me one American soccer player who has been in serious trouble with the law or done something stupid. I can't recall any, so fill me in. Thank you.

cj
05-30-2016, 10:54 PM
Please name me one American soccer player who has been in serious trouble with the law or done something stupid. I can't recall any, so fill me in. Thank you.

Please let us know where you said American? Does that hold for hockey too?

zico20
05-31-2016, 12:09 AM
Please let us know where you said American? Does that hold for hockey too?

Hockey can be American or Canadian. Were you trying to compare an American basketball player with an Cameroon soccer player or someone else in a third world country? That would be insane.

ronsmac
05-31-2016, 12:12 AM
Please name me one American soccer player who has been in serious trouble with the law or done something stupid. I can't recall any, so fill me in. Thank you.Hope Solo has done a bunch of dumb things and Wambach just got a dui. I have no idea about an American male soccer player messing up. American mens soccer is getting about as much pub as ping pong players these days.

tucker6
05-31-2016, 06:33 AM
American mens soccer is getting about as much pub as ping pong players these days.
but I thought soccer was taking over America? :rolleyes:

Only good to watch every four years, if that.

cj
05-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Hockey can be American or Canadian. Were you trying to compare an American basketball player with an Cameroon soccer player or someone else in a third world country? That would be insane.

Oh yes because all soccer players are from third world countries.

ldiatone
05-31-2016, 11:30 AM
remember when the hockey players destroyed there living room at the ol games/ who was the hockey player for destroit who was not allowed to play in canada cause he was a felon for drug trafficing. big fighter. and the other fellow from the rangers who got a 40 game suspension for drugs. what about Mcsorly who busted his stick over the guys head in vancover.

PhantomOnTour
05-31-2016, 11:35 AM
remember when the hockey players destroyed there living room at the ol games/ who was the hockey player for destroit who was not allowed to play in canada cause he was a felon for drug trafficing. big fighter. and the other fellow from the rangers who got a 40 game suspension for drugs. what about Mcsorly who busted his stick over the guys head in vancover.
I think that was the late Bob Probert

azeri98
05-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Sorry you didn't specify American but lots of Latin and European players have been in trouble, eg. Maradona.

ronsmac
05-31-2016, 12:33 PM
but I thought soccer was taking over America? :rolleyes:

Only good to watch every four years, if that.I love watching the national teams play, both the men's and women's teams. The women's team is more entertaining even if they are less skilled but MLS is unwatchable.

ldiatone
05-31-2016, 01:16 PM
I think that was the late Bob Probert
yes!

ElKabong
05-31-2016, 01:52 PM

The hothead moron chose the wrong state to pull his antics. It's legal to shoot to kill here if you think you're life's in danger. The owner yelled for the guy to "stop", and the moron broke the door down.

The owner was perfectly in his right. To make it a bit more strange, that is an upscale complex. I doubt many had weapons in their home there, the punk picked the wrong door (more ways than one)

I'm no gun advocate (at all) but this is why we have the laws we have here..... Self protection from people that want to cause harm. This clown had heard a man's voice from inside, yet wanted to break in.

as our most former Governor would say.... "adios (pause) mofo"

zico20
05-31-2016, 08:12 PM
Oh yes because all soccer players are from third world countries.

What are you talking about? I asked for an American and then you didn't give an answer and then you type the above. Obviously you can't name an American soccer player who has had serious trouble with the law, now can you.

barahona44
05-31-2016, 08:17 PM
The hothead moron chose the wrong state to pull his antics. It's legal to shoot to kill here if you think you're life's in danger. The owner yelled for the guy to "stop", and the moron broke the door down.

The owner was perfectly in his right. To make it a bit more strange, that is an upscale complex. I doubt many had weapons in their home there, the punk picked the wrong door (more ways than one)

I'm no gun advocate (at all) but this is why we have the laws we have here..... Self protection from people that want to cause harm. This clown had heard a man's voice from inside, yet wanted to break in.

as our most former Governor would say.... "adios (pause) mofo"
I wonder when the wrongful death lawsuit will be filed.Because there will be one.

PhantomOnTour
05-31-2016, 08:27 PM
What are you talking about? I asked for an American and then you didn't give an answer and then you type the above. Obviously you can't name an American soccer player who has had serious trouble with the law, now can you.
Someone already named Hope Solo.

kingfin66
06-01-2016, 02:29 PM
This story always makes me sad when I think about it. I used to watch him play many years ago when he was Seattle's junior hockey team.

http://www.si.com/vault/1992/08/24/127024/death-of-a-goon-cocaine-steroids-and-alcohol-contributed-to-the-fall-of-hockeys-john-kordic

kingfin66
06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Here is an incomplete list of athletes from all sports who have run afoul of the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_cri mes#Ice_hockey