PDA

View Full Version : R9 Belmont: $77K Allowance

Lemon Drop Husker
05-28-2016, 10:47 AM
Pretty decent card at Belmont today that has 5 turf races including this one in the 9th.

While it may not be the most accomplished field, it does look to be pretty competitive among the 10 likely runners.

:1: Dominic's Smile: The first half of the Klesaris entry attracts one of the hottest jockey's on the planet in Jose Ortiz. This one has been on the bench since October, and is taking a bit of a class hike in here. He'll need to be on or near the lead to have much of a shot, and even with his 8 for 10 record of hitting the board, I'll be passing on this one.

:1a: Three For Me: The weaker side of the entry at least has a race under his belt in the last 7 months, albeit a rather unspectacular one. Castellano gets the mount, but it is tough seeing this one as any part in here as he has failed miserably both times he has stepped up to this class of race.

:2: Royal Asset: A lightly raced 4YO that owns two pretty impressive wins in his 4 career races, and another via DQ. Hard to tear into him too much in his loss to Smarvelous last out as he just never got into that race. A serious contender coming in off the bench that should be on the front end.

:3: C'mon Boys: A significant class jumper as he comes in from lesser races at Laurel and Parx and moves to a legitimate sprint race for the first time in his career. The breeding on this one is spectacular with Dubai Millenium on top and Dynaformer on the bottom. If he is to be any part of this one, he'll likely be coming from well back. A tough read on the intentions of this entry, and looks to be a guy you look for in a better spot next out.

:4: Sunny Puzzle: MTO

:5: Rootformejustin: Another lightly raced 4YO that is at least familiar with this track and class of field. Unfortunately, since his first time out Maiden score, he really hasn't been all that competitive. They are at least cutting him back in distance off the layoff, and this expensive purchase has been working quietly but solidly coming in here. A must watch on the tote board.

:6: Lord of Love: 3 for 35 lifetime doesn't give you much confidence in this guy, and the fact he has fallen short of the :1: entry multiple times isn't all that encouraging either. The only interesting part of this entry for me is that Irad Ortiz is stepping on board. Either way, the 4/1 ML has to be a joke.

:7: Disco Partner: Yet another coming in off the bench. While he has ran in a number of state bred races, he has also faced much better than he'll see here today. Junior has piloted all 3 of his career victories, and his 8 for 10 board hitting resume is impressive considering the competition he has faced compared to this field. He should sit a nice stalking trip, and has to be greatly considered as a major win contender.

:8: Sanctify: The first of the Mott entries is a pretty intriguing one as well. He stepped up in class in his last two, and if you can get past his last race, he can be a part of this one. Tough to see a win, but can certainly be a part of the exotics.

:9: River Dancer: I've definitely seen worse 30/1 ML entries. After his maiden score, the connections got a bit aggressive with his G2 entry in the With Anticipation. He ran a decent 2nd in that race, but hasn't ran a step since being vanned off after that one. If you are looking for a bomb with some back class, breeding, and talent, this could be your guy. I'll be passing, but a complete reversal of form wouldn't be overly shocking either.

:10: The Great Whiteway: MTO

:11: Canadian Flyer: The second Mott entry gets the attention of Johnny V on board. This lightly raced 4YO ran his best career race on this very track two back in a decent 3rd place finish. Johnny V also piloted this one to his only career victory. A very interesting 8/1 entry is working well coming into this one, and can be a very large part of this race as he cuts back to 6F.

WP: :11:
EX: :11:/:2::7:, :2::7:/:11:
TRI: :11:/:2::7:/:3::5::8::9:
TRI: :2::7:/:11:/:3::5::8::9:

johnhannibalsmith
05-28-2016, 11:36 AM
Hard race for me to play because even though I think almost anyone in here has enough of a chance to consider at the right price, it just seems like if he fires fresh then Disco Partner has a serious right to run over the top of these in his four-year-old debut. There are a few nitpicky things when I scour for reasons to play against, but even then there's usually something of a silver lining even on the knocks to ruin the fun.

I did like Three For Me some as the alternative if Disco Partner is unplayable at the price, but he's probably screwed on that front by being coupled with a 'better half' in Dominic's Smile. I like Three For Me. Send him a route in the right spot and he can lope them into submission on the front, run him in sprint and he sits what is generally a sweet trip behind the sprint speed, but isn't compromised if it doesn't materialize. His last race was a train wreck under a cameo jock and is now back to Castellano who was in the saddle for a number of his best recent performances, the only poor one a brutal trip mid-race that sealed his fate. With the potential for a real legit pace battle, being waged mainly among runners that have been out of commission for a while, it just seems like he could be right place, right time and benefit a ton from that troubled race off the shelf. But again, I'm assuming the price is killed by being POE so hopefully the plain one scratches.

no breathalyzer
05-28-2016, 11:56 AM
nice write up.. i think leaving the :6: horse out underneath is a mistake tho..
i like :2: :6: :7: :8: . not sure how im going to bet yet till its closer to post time.. :2: looks like might have the pace advantage if track is still playing like it was will be tough here. The more i think about it i like the :8: horse will be finishing and i think been facing better. has one win and a second place finish at distance to go along.

no breathalyzer
05-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Hard race for me to play because even though I think almost anyone in here has enough of a chance to consider at the right price, it just seems like if he fires fresh then Disco Partner has a serious right to run over the top of these in his four-year-old debut. There are a few nitpicky things when I scour for reasons to play against, but even then there's usually something of a silver lining even on the knocks to ruin the fun.

I did like Three For Me some as the alternative if Disco Partner is unplayable at the price, but he's probably screwed on that front by being coupled with a 'better half' in Dominic's Smile. I like Three For Me. Send him a route in the right spot and he can lope them into submission on the front, run him in sprint and he sits what is generally a sweet trip behind the sprint speed, but isn't compromised if it doesn't materialize. His last race was a train wreck under a cameo jock and is now back to Castellano who was in the saddle for a number of his best recent performances, the only poor one a brutal trip mid-race that sealed his fate. With the potential for a real legit pace battle, being waged mainly among runners that have been out of commission for a while, it just seems like he could be right place, right time and benefit a ton from that troubled race off the shelf. But again, I'm assuming the price is killed by being POE so hopefully the plain one scratches.
:1: is scratched.. where is the pace battle coming from? hope you are rite .. i like the :8: much more if so

Lemon Drop Husker
05-28-2016, 12:05 PM

I did like Three For Me some as the alternative if Disco Partner is unplayable at the price, but he's probably screwed on that front by being coupled with a 'better half' in Dominic's Smile. I like Three For Me. Send him a route in the right spot and he can lope them into submission on the front, run him in sprint and he sits what is generally a sweet trip behind the sprint speed, but isn't compromised if it doesn't materialize. His last race was a train wreck under a cameo jock and is now would be right place, right time and benefit a ton from that troubled race off the shelf. But again, I'm assuming the price is killed by being POE so hopefully the plain one scratches.

The :1: is a scratch, so you get your wish on the :1a: running solo.

johnhannibalsmith
05-28-2016, 12:27 PM
:1: is scratched.. where is the pace battle coming from? ...

I guess that was kind of a good news bad news but mostly good news sort of scenario in that the plain one coming out means now I'm counting on some of these that at some point hinted at having enough speed to keep it honest (ie Rootformejustin) and being fresh off the bench and leaving there with run on the mind to support any real notion of that "potential for a legit pace". In that sense, I like my top pick Disco Partner a little bit less, but I don't think that he needs to fall a half dozen off the lead and be at the mercy of the pace. But it only makes Three For Me a little more attractive. I don't think his stablemate out hurts his chances, unless someone is allowed to totally control throughout which just seems unlikely with so many fresh horses, the course playing as it seems to have been, and a race where the pace was always a bit of a question (or maybe speculation based on supposition would be more like it in my case) and now seems moreso with the scratch. Ideally everyone tries to play hall of fame jockey by not letting their horses run and that allows Three For Me to be right there just having to outkick down the lane instead of chasing down someone that took the initiative to get clear.

joeyspicks
05-28-2016, 12:40 PM
:2: Royal Asset. Only horse I could play.

His odds might not allow it :bang:

no breathalyzer
05-28-2016, 01:05 PM
:2: Royal Asset. Only horse I could play.

His odds might not allow it :bang:
Thats what the exacta is for

Tom
05-28-2016, 04:09 PM
:6: Lord of Love

Good return race last out, big jockey change for today.

ArlJim78
05-28-2016, 04:23 PM
I found it competitive but gave the edge to the :7: , although I did give the :8: a long look.

Tom
05-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Batting practice - R7, :7:

Lemon Drop Husker
05-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Batting practice - R7, :7:

1 1/16th in 1:38 and change on the Turf. :eek:

Tom
05-28-2016, 04:48 PM
I should get paid extra for that effort! :lol:

Tom
05-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Let's keep it going.... R8 Box :1: :8: :6:

ctownraces@bp
05-28-2016, 05:45 PM
I will take the :8:

RXB
:8: Sanctify for me at 7/1.

Red Knave
I like the odds on the 1A.

RXB
05-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Always fun to run dead last. Not.

Zydeco
05-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Pretty decent card at Belmont today that has 5 turf races including this one in the 9th.

While it may not be the most accomplished field, it does look to be pretty competitive among the 10 likely runners.

:1: Dominic's Smile: The first half of the Klesaris entry attracts one of the hottest jockey's on the planet in Jose Ortiz. This one has been on the bench since October, and is taking a bit of a class hike in here. He'll need to be on or near the lead to have much of a shot, and even with his 8 for 10 record of hitting the board, I'll be passing on this one.

:1a: Three For Me: The weaker side of the entry at least has a race under his belt in the last 7 months, albeit a rather unspectacular one. Castellano gets the mount, but it is tough seeing this one as any part in here as he has failed miserably both times he has stepped up to this class of race.

:2: Royal Asset: A lightly raced 4YO that owns two pretty impressive wins in his 4 career races, and another via DQ. Hard to tear into him too much in his loss to Smarvelous last out as he just never got into that race. A serious contender coming in off the bench that should be on the front end.

:3: C'mon Boys: A significant class jumper as he comes in from lesser races at Laurel and Parx and moves to a legitimate sprint race for the first time in his career. The breeding on this one is spectacular with Dubai Millenium on top and Dynaformer on the bottom. If he is to be any part of this one, he'll likely be coming from well back. A tough read on the intentions of this entry, and looks to be a guy you look for in a better spot next out.

:4: Sunny Puzzle: MTO

:5: Rootformejustin: Another lightly raced 4YO that is at least familiar with this track and class of field. Unfortunately, since his first time out Maiden score, he really hasn't been all that competitive. They are at least cutting him back in distance off the layoff, and this expensive purchase has been working quietly but solidly coming in here. A must watch on the tote board.

:6: Lord of Love: 3 for 35 lifetime doesn't give you much confidence in this guy, and the fact he has fallen short of the :1: entry multiple times isn't all that encouraging either. The only interesting part of this entry for me is that Irad Ortiz is stepping on board. Either way, the 4/1 ML has to be a joke.

:7: Disco Partner: Yet another coming in off the bench. While he has ran in a number of state bred races, he has also faced much better than he'll see here today. Junior has piloted all 3 of his career victories, and his 8 for 10 board hitting resume is impressive considering the competition he has faced compared to this field. He should sit a nice stalking trip, and has to be greatly considered as a major win contender.

:8: Sanctify: The first of the Mott entries is a pretty intriguing one as well. He stepped up in class in his last two, and if you can get past his last race, he can be a part of this one. Tough to see a win, but can certainly be a part of the exotics.

:9: River Dancer: I've definitely seen worse 30/1 ML entries. After his maiden score, the connections got a bit aggressive with his G2 entry in the With Anticipation. He ran a decent 2nd in that race, but hasn't ran a step since being vanned off after that one. If you are looking for a bomb with some back class, breeding, and talent, this could be your guy. I'll be passing, but a complete reversal of form wouldn't be overly shocking either.

:10: The Great Whiteway: MTO

:11: Canadian Flyer: The second Mott entry gets the attention of Johnny V on board. This lightly raced 4YO ran his best career race on this very track two back in a decent 3rd place finish. Johnny V also piloted this one to his only career victory. A very interesting 8/1 entry is working well coming into this one, and can be a very large part of this race as he cuts back to 6F.

WP: :11:
EX: :11:/:2::7:, :2::7:/:11:
TRI: :11:/:2::7:/:3::5::8::9:
TRI: :2::7:/:11:/:3::5::8::9:

Nice one!!

Lemon Drop Husker
05-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Obviously would have much preferred the :11: on top, but not gonna complain too much with a Place, Exacta, and Trifecta winners. :)