PDA

View Full Version : The Pegasus 12?

PowerUpPaynter
05-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know the full 12 slots? I can't find that anywhere other than they are filled.

I know its California Chrome (really who would want to run against that monster), Nyquist, and Runhappy but who are the other 9? And what happens if there is a scratch between now and then?

Lemon Drop Husker
05-27-2016, 11:05 AM
The individual slots have been purchased, but no horses have been entered. The race is over 7 months away.

DRF gives a listing of the connections that purchased the slots here:

http://www.drf.com/news/spots-starting-gate-pegasus-world-cup-sell-out-quickly

I'm sure that a key component of them purchasing so early was the following verbiage: "If those owners don’t have a horse to run in the race, they may lease, contract, or share a starter or sell their place in the starting gate."

More or less, this is like purchasing a Super Bowl ticket well in advance. While you may have every intent of attending, you know that you will at least get your money back, if not make a tidy profit by selling your ticket as the game/race nears.

PowerUpPaynter
05-27-2016, 01:21 PM
Will that be Chrome's last race or are they gonna give him a 6 year old campaign?

cj
05-27-2016, 01:22 PM
The individual slots have been purchased, but no horses have been entered. The race is over 7 months away.

DRF gives a listing of the connections that purchased the slots here:

http://www.drf.com/news/spots-starting-gate-pegasus-world-cup-sell-out-quickly

I'm sure that a key component of them purchasing so early was the following verbiage: "If those owners don’t have a horse to run in the race, they may lease, contract, or share a starter or sell their place in the starting gate."

More or less, this is like purchasing a Super Bowl ticket well in advance. While you may have every intent of attending, you know that you will at least get your money back, if not make a tidy profit by selling your ticket as the game/race nears.

I know at least one of the purchasers doesn't own a single horse.

PICSIX
05-27-2016, 01:32 PM
"The plot twist is the leasing, partnering, and selling of shares. There is your marketing hook. And now we have a column by Bill Finley about a 32-year-old man in the pizza business named Dan Schafer who has never owned horses, won’t publish a photo of himself, wishes to remain a mystery man, and, oh, yes, he’s put up $1 million to secure a spot in the race."

http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2016/05/26/pegasus-world-cup-a-jolt-of-reality.aspx

castaway01
05-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Will that be Chrome's last race or are they gonna give him a 6 year old campaign?

Can we get the horse to the race before we figure out if he'll run at 6? It's May---how would anyone know that?

PowerUpPaynter
05-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Can we get the horse to the race before we figure out if he'll run at 6? It's May---how would anyone know that?

well i guess if they said if all goes according to plan that will be his last race. then we would know that, no?

ronsmac
05-27-2016, 03:18 PM
If Chrome wins. Then you have to run him in the 15 milliond dollar World Cup. I can't see the sheik sitting on his hands and not raising the purse of his biggest race.

P Matties Jr
05-27-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know if it's been discussed anywhere, but they should have a future book wager on all 12 slots every month.

Minniethemoocher
05-27-2016, 06:28 PM
I don't know if it's been discussed anywhere, but they should have a future book wager on all 12 slots every month.

That would be very interesting. Especially if a large stable purchased a slot and had two candidates for the slot.

PowerUpPaynter
05-27-2016, 09:42 PM
That would be very interesting. Especially if a large stable purchased a slot and had two candidates for the slot.

+1

we need more future wagers. period.

Why dont they have one for the Breeders Cup Classic? Really missing the boat there.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-27-2016, 09:57 PM
+1

we need more future wagers. period.

Why dont they have one for the Breeders Cup Classic? Really missing the boat there.

Vegas has one every year.

You can actually bet it right now.

PowerUpPaynter
05-27-2016, 10:00 PM
if i was in vegas

Thomas Roulston
05-28-2016, 01:42 PM
And what is the purse breakdown - a fact conveniently omitted from their web site?

cj
05-28-2016, 01:52 PM
And what is the purse breakdown - a fact conveniently omitted from their web site?

Google is your friend :)

–In addition to the $7-million first prize, second place pays $1.75 million, with $1 million to third and $250,000 each to fourth through 12th place.