PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable how one college wrestling coach dealt with drug dealing

tucker6
05-26-2016, 01:11 PM
You dealing drugs, then write me an essay as punishment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/05/26/minnesota-wrestlers-caught-selling-xanax-coach-has-them-write-essay/

One of the most storied coaches in college wrestling is on the hot seat for covering up a Xanax drug ring. His wrestlers had 2,500 pills on them, and his solution was to have them write a one page essay and give him the pills to dispose of. Never told the university, and when the police showed up, told his drug dealing wrestlers to lawyer up. That will go over well with admin.

barahona44
05-27-2016, 12:26 PM
I foresee one person being added to the " new applications for unemployment benefits" list the Labor Department publishes every week.

proximity
05-27-2016, 12:27 PM
when penn state landed mark hall it drove the gophers to drugs?

cael sanderson wins again!!

tucker6
05-27-2016, 01:47 PM
when penn state landed mark hall it drove the gophers to drugs?

cael sanderson wins again!!
haha, I didn't know you followed college wrestling? Hall's gonna be a good one.

proximity
05-28-2016, 08:51 PM

i actually wrestled for another top 20 program so i can't claim to be a penn st fan but my brother emails me about penn st wrestling (or the kenny giles trade) like every other week so i know their lineup pretty well. :)

tucker6
05-29-2016, 05:34 AM
I'm a big time wrestling fan. What school did you wrestle for?

barahona44
05-29-2016, 08:54 AM
I don't follow college wrestling but I have a question: Are they allowed to throw folding chairs at each other like they do in the pros?

proximity
05-29-2016, 10:27 AM
I don't follow college wrestling but I have a question: Are they allowed to throw folding chairs at each other like they do in the pros?

yes, but the chairs are padded. :)

proximity
03-18-2017, 01:07 AM

great replay challenge by cael!! :)

tucker6
03-21-2017, 06:10 PM
great replay challenge by cael!! :)

What a great day to be alive on Saturday if you were a PSU wrestling fan. Five champions in a row. This one brought down the house. The guy in orange is the two time defending champion who has only ever lost once. Go to the 7:15 minute mark and watch for 30 seconds.

https://youtu.be/BQpXZRxUZLo

proximity
03-22-2017, 06:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjBsaVmUoo

last year in the finals imar took what to me was a beautiful shot against nolf.

he was really digging hard for the underhook with his left arm and the little head pull with his right hand at around 1:37 is a setup to open that underhook up.... and nolf seemed to be anticipating that and pulled back just a little bit which was when imar instead hit his shot. that shot to the back leg can be hard to defend but this year, other than a few half hearted reaches he never really tried any shots at josephs left leg?

anyhow incredible job by penn state!!