PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use LaySyndicate.com?

Dancer's Image
07-04-2004, 03:01 PM
I just got an email from them, (how they got my email I don't know or care), but it was. something I never even knew existed. This is from their website....

The Lay Syndicate is your one stop shop for fast and easy profits from racing from the comfort of your own home. Day in and day out people try to find the winners of horse racing events to make a consistent profit from racing. We have turned these theories on their head and now we make consistent profits from finding the horses that are going to lose, just as the bookmakers and betting agencies do. _In a field of 10 runners only one horse can win and 9 will lose which means there is basically a 10% chance of finding the winner and a 90% chance of finding one of the losing horses. Wouldn't you love to be able to make a consistent income from these 90% of horses that lose instead of struggling to make a profit from those elusive winners. If the answer is "Yes" then read on to find out how you can do just that, CONSISTENTLY WIN BY FINDING THE HORSES THAT WILL LOSE._Betting on horses to lose is a term called "Laying". By this we mean you are allowing another party to bet on that horse to win and you carry the risk acting as the bookmaker in essence offering odds to this party on the outcome. As we stated above in every horse race only one horse can win. What our analysts do is go through each and every race run in The UK and find the horse most likely not to win that is being bet under the odds of 10/1 in each race. We then use a betting exchange called Betfair where we offer other people who want to bet on this horse to win the chance to bet against us. Once they have bet on the horse with us we have LAYED the horse. _On each day we find up to a maximum of 10 races outlining only one horse in each race to lose. The odds on the associated horse is always less than 10/1 and we risk 10% of the betting bank or capital on each event. By doing this we are guaranteed to make at least 1% profit each time the nominated horse does not win. 2 examples of this scenario follow:_Example 1
* Horse we want to oppose and think can't win is 5/1.
* We risk 10% of our capital therefore we would allow the other party to outlay the equivalent of 2% on the horse we are opposing to win. 2% * 5 = 10% risk
* When the horse loses we collect 2% profit.

Example 2
* Horse we want to oppose and think can't win is 7/1.
* We risk 10% of our capital therefore we would allow the other party to outlay the equivalent of 1.42% on the horse we are opposing to win. 1.42% * 7 = 9.94% risk
* When the horse loses we collect 1.42% profit.

To work out how much profit we make off each horse we simply take the risk factor of 10% and divide it by the odds we are going to offer as both the examples above._When finding the horse in a race we feel is going to lose we always look for the horse under 10/1 that we feel is being bet a shorter price than we gauge its true chance to be. By doing this we always assure ourselves of finding value. Very similar to the person who is betting on a horse to win that tries to find horses that are over the odds they believe their true chance is._When bookmakers frame a market on a race they generally offer better odds than all other bookies about the horses they feel can't win and these are the runners they wish to carry their risk on so to speak. This is exactly what we are doing._You may ask how are we able to offer odds on a horse to lose when TAB's do not allow such a practice and you or we do not have a bookmaking license. Firstly you must understand that the market we operate in is UK Racing only. We will explain more on the UK Racing market soon but more importantly, in 1999 a new company in The UK started trading on the internet called Betfair. _Betfair is what is classed as a betting exchange where anyone can go and offer odds on any event that Betfair has listed to either win or lose. They cover such events ranging from horse racing to cricket to rugby league and soccer and even obscure sports such as Darts. Basically anything you can think of where an end result will be settled can be wagered through Betfair. It is simply a medium where one can offer odds on different outcomes in an event and others can back or take the odds offered on an outcome. One of the first markets than Betfair covered was UK Racing and being a UK based company their market share in this sport has grown substantially over the last 4-5 years creating a situation where the liquidity associated to every race surpasses $1 million AUD that is traded and bet on each event. This creates the needed liquidity to be able to offer the service we offer to the general market place and this is why we have chosen UK racing as our market of choice._Betfair has recently been awarded The Queen's Award for Enterprise in 2003 which is awarded each year to the largest growth companies in The UK personally selected by the Queen and her staff. This is further testament to the business vehicle that has been developed with Betfair. _We are very confident we have developed what is truly one of the best money making opportunities on the Internet. Furthermore to add more gloss to what we have to offer. We do not expect you to sit around for hours on end each day doing the work associated to laying the horses we tell you to lay each day. We do this for you as part of the service. We feel it is vitally important to take control of all aspects associated to this venture so that it becomes a passive opportunity for all and sundry where you can just watch the profits grow. We also feel it is important to let our expertise in our chosen field make these decisions on what price is the right price to lay at so as to take away the emotional element as much as possible._The rules of the system we employ are very simple:
1. We lay one horse per race only.
2. The odds associated to this horse must be 10/1 or less.
3. We find a maximum of 10 lays per day.
4. We only ever risk 10% of the bank/capital on any single event.
5. The horse we decided to lay in a race must be value, therefore it must be shorter odds than what we feel its true winning chance in the event is.
6. We only operate on UK and Irish Racing events.
7. We operate 6-7 days per week on average.

By following these rules we have found our task has become relatively easy to achieve on a consistent basis._Now you may be wondering how much it costs to join such a service where all of the work is done for you and you can just watch your bank grow. At present the pricing structure works as follows:_Each Sunday night, 20% of the weekly profits are sent to the handicapper, and when you withdraw your funds, 20% of your NET PROFITS will be paid to the syndicate management.

PSTfredk
07-04-2004, 03:19 PM
That's funny I got the same e-mail. It looks interesting but I
don't know them from a hole in the wall ???? I wonder if it's a spam deal or something that will screw up my computer.

Tadek
07-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I am very suspicious about any on-line service offering free money, regardless if it is in commodity trading or horse playing.
However, when it comes to Betfair I am very impressed with the concept and over last six months I benefited from it immensely. It works in a very simple way, you either bet a horse at fixed odds (back) or you can sell a wager at fixed odds (lay) if you believe that the horse will lose. Before the race you can see the list of bids and offers and you can either take currently offered odds or enter your own and wait for the market to move your way. The company is located in England and was absolutely reliable in all financial operations. They offer markets in North America, Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa and Europe. During this winter the markets in California were very good, volume of matched transactions was between 30k and 120k per race at both SA and GG/BM. The site allows licensed bookies to make markets. They claim that the average payout is 10% higher then the track odds and I believe them, longer odds players will do considerably better then 10%, dead long shots can be bought at two times the track odds and almost every bet at track odds above 5-1 can be bought even 3 points better. Their takeout is 5% maximum.

Unfortunately, as of late the Betfair became very sloppy with North American tracks, markets are extremely low and market management is appalling. I am trying to play Belmont and it becomes very difficult and frustrating.

In general, profile players who keep detailed records and manage their bankroll carefully should be intrigued by the 10% better payouts.

By the way I am not associated with Betfair other then being their customer.

Regards

Tadek

Dancer's Image
07-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Tadek,
Let me join you in stating that I am in no way associated with either Betfair or this LaySyndicate....hell, I don't even have an offshore betting account(talk about suspicious).

But you are a Betfair customer and this LaySyndicate uses Betfair so do you think it's possible that LaySyndicate could achieve the claims they make? I personal don't, but then I'm skeptical of just about everything.

Tadek
07-04-2004, 08:01 PM
From my perspective to lay on a horse is equivalent to back it. If you bet long shots at 10-1 you know that most of the time you will lose, jour bankroll will go down until you catch the winner. When you lay on 10-1 horses most of the time you will win and your bankroll will go up by a wager and then once you lay on a winning long shot your bankroll will be reduced by 10 wagers.
Anyone who claims that he can make huge profits this way is either fooling himself or is trying to fool us.

Regards

Tadek

Dancer's Image
07-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Tadek,
Those were my sentiments exactly. This wasn't included in the information that I cut and pasted in my first post in this thread, but it said at the LaySyndicate.com website that a $1000 investment on Jan 1st 2004 would be worth over $12000 today!

Buckeye
07-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Right. But the key words are "would be"

Will be? That's an entirely different animal.

thelyingthief
07-09-2004, 04:44 PM
to quote bill clinton, i have never used the getlayedsyndicate in my life!