PDA

View Full Version : Beyer and Crist on the Preakness

dilanesp
05-19-2016, 09:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWy_d1vp_eI

Aerocraft67
05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
I started listening to this but it started off like a bad conference call at work so I gave up after about 30 seconds. Had the same reaction to the Derby version. I like DRF's video previews of big races but I'm completely puzzled why they convey luminaries like Beyers and Crist in this godawful format. Give me a decent video or text article but not this. Maybe it was good beyond the conference call introductions to DRF marketing staff dialing with bad connections but I couldn't get past the opening. More power to you if you persevere and find nuggets of wisdom on the race.

Aerocraft67
05-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Beyers

Sorry, saw this after the edit window expired. "Beyer."

Speed Figure
05-19-2016, 11:07 PM
At lease they put this one in 720p, the derby was 480!

PaceMasterT
05-19-2016, 11:49 PM
At lease they put this one in 720p, the derby was 480!

What the hell does that matter with a Power Point presentation? Was this facetious humor? Either way I was :lol:.

Speed Figure
05-19-2016, 11:58 PM
It matters because the pp's are clear on the screen. If anyone has a problem with the video they don't have to watch it.

PaceMasterT
05-20-2016, 12:47 AM
It matters because the pp's are clear on the screen. If anyone has a problem with the video they don't have to watch it.

Sorry, was not trying to be rude. My eyesight hasn't gone that far that I can't get the gist of everything in Lo-Def (using my readers). Never a bad thing to listen to a legend and someone who has done pretty well at this game. Although listening to Andy struggle to find his words at times is a little disheartening. I struggle with that sometimes and I'm only 46.

098poi
05-20-2016, 09:33 AM
I was only able to watch about half and will watch the rest later. I enjoyed it and liked viewing each PP as they gave their analysis.

FrankieFigs
05-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Same here. I would rather look at a PP while they are talking then the talkers themselves. Not a bad format that I hope they keep around not only for Triple Crown races but other big racing days as well.