PDA

View Full Version : Pimlico Discussion for 5/20 card

Colorado_Mike
05-19-2016, 08:10 PM
I went through the PP's today and mostly was looking for anything I thought has a chance to win with some odds. Below is a list with brief notes. I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions or other picks in the race that you think may be better. I think sharing and bullshitting amongst us leads to cashing tickets. Which I'm pretty sure we all enjoy doing.

Race 2 Five Furlongs Alw 52k F&M 3 and UP
#13 Sunshine Heart
I understand why the two morning line favorites are favorite. I like this option though at 6-1. The horse is 2/10 this distance on turf with an 80 beyer. Ran 5 and 1/2 last time but couldn't get it done. I noted the dueled, sharp comment. 2nd of trainer is 14%, not the greatest but could be worse. Coming from this far outside could be a bitch but I look at this race asking the question why not? I don't think the other horses in the field are too impressive and like I mentioned, I'm looking for some prices. If she looks good on the track and doesn't get bet down I may fire a win bet, the look of her on the track though will determine it all. Not afraid of others.

race 3
Javi and Baffert can get ****ed, 1-2 morning line...ugh

race 9
Theogony, bother started start, no bid but horse runs 5th by 4 1/2 in a grade 1 with a beyer at 93. please stay at 6-1

race 10
Thundering Sky, beyer is up there with others. workout after last race and before this one makes me think she is in shape 42% j/t. koala queen is interesting. weaker races but first time lasix, decent works, and my leparoux, doesn't ride for this trainer often but solid when he does.

race 12
Bank Float
trainer 27 percent and 32 percent with 114 races with jockey. 3/3 lifetime at this distance on turf. beyer may not be the highest in the race but i like 10-1

race 13
Quick Release 10-1
With Javi on him im sure he'll be bet down, not sure what NOT to like about this horse. if the track is closing I guess it wouldn't help him. recent works though are great. hope he gets out and just goes for it. Lot of speed in the race though and notice Irad is on a 20-1 that had 46 second work last month

race 14 10-1
barney rebel horse ran off track last time and didn't do much, if you look at his record though he loves the turf. 1st race in his cycle back had a 78 beyer going 1/16 on the turf and that was going 5 wide. he has won as this distance before, even though it was a long time this race isn't exactly great. allowance 7500. you can see other horses may have a better shot on paper but id take chance at 10-1. 10 and 11 are threats, throwing 7 out since his last work was a joke.

andtheyreoff
05-19-2016, 08:30 PM
I have my picks and analysis here:

http://www.danonymousracing.com/free-pimlico-black-eyed-susan-day-picks-and-analysis-sunday-may-15-2016/

My chief opinions are that in the Black-Eyed Susan, the 10, Kinsley Kisses, has a great chance to upset, and that in the Jim McKay, the 7, Rocket Heat, will be a huge overlay.

Tom
05-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Looks pretty chalky.
:5: :3: :2:

Maybe the :2: can get up for the place and make a decent exacta.
Not a lot of prices today.

PhantomOnTour
05-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Let's get Pletcher home with this #10.
Been a great day here at Old Hilltop!

Robert Fischer
05-20-2016, 04:50 PM
:3::5::8::9::10:
:3::5: / :6::7::8::9::10:

and some doubles to Collected

deelo
05-21-2016, 11:59 AM
I heard the winner of the first race keeled over walking back to the stables?

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2016, 12:00 PM
This thread is from yesterday's card...going to create a new thread for today and see what happens...