View Full Version : Longshots: The Long Range Look by Cynthia Publishing

fishorsechess
07-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Has anyone read this book on longshot
handicapping by Cynthia Publishing?
I mentioned this earlier.

kitts
07-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I understand the book is at the printers and will be mailed out to customers in the near future. Probably the best place to check on this would be:
http://www.cynthiapublishing.com

Maxspa
07-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Book Review-Longshots: The Long- Range Look!
The 46 page booklet is divided into two basic parts: The Horse section divided into classes from maidens to stakes, Part II The Humans, presented with specific trainer and jockey types that get the big money horses. The trainer section has a primary trainer key that identifies the strategy used. Example Robert Raymond-Suf Jockey Jill Jellison exclusively:debut MSW. The Jockey section: Mark Guidry- FL/NY- Off Pace runners.
I hope this helps!
Maxspa

fishorsechess
07-05-2004, 02:15 PM
From 1 to 10 what does the book rate?
I am wondering also is there alot of new
information that has never been seen before
in this Longshot book. Are the ideas easy
to apply and does it really work.

Maxspa
07-05-2004, 09:58 PM
FHC,
Very tough to evaluate, I received the book as part of the All-In-One software package. I haven't had a chance to use it yet and only quickly read the sections. I'd probably rate it a 7 and that might be a reach. That's because back a few year ago I purchased Olmstead's book on trainers and it seemed to have more substance and research on trainer patterns than this booklet has but then again the jockey and horse patterns are included with "Longshots".
Maxspa