PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Canterbury Robertino Diodoro 98 wins 322 starts

chenoa
05-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Win percentage over 30%......98/322 (2016)

Has had a remarkable run the past few years, not to mention a few suspensions!! :rolleyes:

Is it a story of hard work pays off.........or something more one thinks!!!

Started in Alberta, Canada but over years now has horses in CA, AZ, Oaklawn and one of the top men at Canterbury.

macguy
05-18-2016, 11:32 PM
I don't know if I've ever seen a trainer win with a claiming horse and then drop it down in it's next start more than Diodoro does.

Stillriledup
05-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Musical people racing. I'd rather stick to the tracks that conduct HORSE racing.

Track Phantom
05-19-2016, 12:59 AM
Musical people racing. I'd rather stick to the tracks that conduct HORSE racing.
Name those tracks please.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 06:40 AM
I know , I'm biased but EMD is pretty much supertrainer free. You don't see magical move up there. There are some hot trainers but that's because their shoppers are just better.

foodog8
05-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Diodoro has not been over 30% at Cby the the past two years. In 2015, he was 49/222. In 2014, 50/221. That's 99/443 total, a winning pct of 22.3%.

The leading trainer at EmD, Jeff Metz, has a similar winning pct over 2014-2015: 115/511, 22.5%

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Diodoro has not been over 30% at Cby the the past two years. In 2015, he was 49/222. In 2014, 50/221. That's 99/443 total, a winning pct of 22.3%.

The leading trainer at EmD, Jeff Metz, has a similar winning pct over 2014-2015: 115/511, 22.5%

Metz wins with higher quality stock and with quantity at EMD. He doesn't have his horses turn 20 Beyer points faster overnight and they don't run like they're juiced (wire to wires with massive rebrakes into the lane).

I don't shake my head much at EMD and say how did this horse win.

At other places you can see a horse improving 10 lengths overnight.

chadk66
05-19-2016, 10:40 AM
it's generally accepted knowledge around cby he uses the good juice.

mnmark
05-19-2016, 11:59 AM

Really? thanks for sharing your negativity.

RXB
05-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Yeah, these 25%+ trainers do it all with hay and oats.

As I have an interest in human running, I thought I'd pass on this graphic of the women's 1500m finalists from the 2012 Olympics. If horse racing had any real integrity and was serious about testing for PED's, this is what would happen to the supertrainers.

http://runningmagazine.ca/womens-1500m-final-2012-olympic-doping/

RXB
05-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Metz wins with higher quality stock and with quantity at EMD. He doesn't have his horses turn 20 Beyer points faster overnight and they don't run like they're juiced (wire to wires with massive rebrakes into the lane).

I don't shake my head much at EMD and say how did this horse win.

At other places you can see a horse improving 10 lengths overnight.

Yes, and a very poor average field size at Emerald so the win rates will be higher for everyone than at most tracks. Metz doesn't make me shake my head at all. Diodoro, on the other hand, is in the same bin as Broberg, Navarro, Preciado, etc...

castaway01
05-19-2016, 01:03 PM

As I have an interest in human running, I thought I'd pass on this graphic of the women's 1500m finalists from the 2012 Olympics. If horse racing had any real integrity and was serious about testing for PED's, this is what would happen to the supertrainers.

Do you really think track is the example you want to use of a clean sport? Maybe you don't know much about track but two seconds of research will find rumors of cheating and blood doping against virtually any top runner---same as we get here against virtually every top trainer.

doctorwin
05-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I have always found it funny that those that accuse a particular sport of being "dirty" are the first in line to bet on it. Cheating certainly happens at every track on every day. It's part of a atmosphere of animal exploitation that is the basis of horse racing.

Stillriledup
05-19-2016, 01:18 PM

Out of all the posts in this thread, you singled out mine as negative?

Thanks ;)

Stillriledup
05-19-2016, 01:22 PM
I have always found it funny that those that accuse a particular sport of being "dirty" are the first in line to bet on it. Cheating certainly happens at every track on every day. It's part of a atmosphere of animal exploitation that is the basis of horse racing.

There's mostly 2 kinds of cheats In racing, the first kind is the person who cheats subtly and once in a while and makes it so unobvious that you don't even realize it and the second kind of cheat is the person who cheats as much as they can and sticks the obvious cheating in your face and essentially advertises it.

RXB
05-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Do you really think track is the example you want to use of a clean sport? Maybe you don't know much about track but two seconds of research will find rumors of cheating and blood doping against virtually any top runner---same as we get here against virtually every top trainer.

I have no idea how my post suggests in any way that track & field is a clean sport. The point-- which I think is fairly obvious-- was to show just how prevalent cheating is in track & field and to ask why anyone thinks it's different in horse racing given how these supertrainers have popped up all over the place in the past 15 years or so.

maclr11
05-19-2016, 03:19 PM
I'll say this, Diodoro wins more races in the race office than anyone I know. Especially at turf paradise and Canterbury.

JohnGalt1
05-19-2016, 05:27 PM
Trainers who place their horses in the right spot at the right--or one step lower than the right price will do better than those who think all their horses are the next coming of Secretariat or Zenyatta and run 2-3 levels too high.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Yes, and a very poor average field size at Emerald so the win rates will be higher for everyone than at most tracks. Metz doesn't make me shake my head at all. Diodoro, on the other hand, is in the same bin as Broberg, Navarro, Preciado, etc...

Agreed pal. But since field size has increased at EMD, Metz is batting 11%.

These other juicers overcome anything. It's 1 reason I targeted EMD, no juice heads. Just handicapping.

And since Couton wasn't around for the first 5 weeks of the meet, there wasn't a single race, where my gut said : What a fix/stiff etc.

100% true racing.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 06:39 PM

Where are the rest of your posts about other negative comments?

therussmeister
05-19-2016, 07:24 PM
Speaking of Broberg, he's going to have a string at Canterbury.

Redboard
05-19-2016, 07:29 PM
I know , I'm biased but EMD is pretty much supertrainer free. You don't see magical move up there. There are some hot trainers but that's because their shoppers are just better.

Weren't you ripping EMD last year and swearing off ever playing there again? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Redboard
05-19-2016, 07:34 PM

Things have changed. Times are slower than they were 10 years ago. It's taking raciing longer to clean up than it took those other sports.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Weren't you ripping EMD last year and swearing off ever playing there again? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes, that was me. Simply because of Julien Couton and "I got caught at the gate with a battery Jake Barton".

Both clowns were away for the 1st 4 weeks of the meet.

Not one race was "peculiar", so far this year.

Both are back now. We'll see.

P.S. I call it like it is. No biased opinions here. If the racing is great, I say it. If all off a sudden someone is stiffing horses, I say it.

therussmeister
05-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Yes, that was me. Simply because of Julien Couton and "I got caught at the gate with a battery Jake Barton".

P.S. I call it like it is. No biased opinions here. If the racing is great, I say it. If all off a sudden someone is stiffing horses, I say it.
All opinions are biased, that's why they call them opinions not facts.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 09:09 PM
All opinions are biased, that's why they call them opinions not facts.

Doubt there is anyone in America who watches, studies, reviews, documents, analyzes Emerald more than me.

chenoa
05-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Buzzer Barton....what a joke. No surprise to see him turn up at Turf Paradise. Caught in the gate with a buzzer should have been lifetime ban. Sad part is the track where he got caught at he was back riding at years later. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

EMD4ME
05-19-2016, 09:19 PM
Buzzer Barton....what a joke. No surprise to see him turn up at Turf Paradise. Caught in the gate with a buzzer should have been lifetime ban. Sad part is the track where he got caught at he was back riding at years later. A leopard doesn't change his spots.

Well, at least we know when someone like Roman Chapa makes a return, where they will go :bang: