PDA

View Full Version : Goldman Sachs/Tesla

_______
05-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Goldman changed their rating on Tesla to a buy this morning.

After hours it was announced that Tesla would have a $2 billion secondary offering underwritten by Morgan Stanley and...

I don't think I really have to say it.

Of course I'm sure the wall between research and underwriting was maintained and this is all just a coincidence.

tucker6
05-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Goldman Sachs has long since pretended that they have rules to abide by.

_______
05-18-2016, 04:55 PM
If there was anyone left in the world who followed Goldman's recommendations without blinking, the $2 billion dilution in their new holdings should be a needed education.

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2016, 01:30 PM
If there was anyone left in the world who followed Goldman's recommendations without blinking, the $2 billion dilution in their new holdings should be a needed education.Remember back in 2013? Goldman said to SELL/SHORT Gold? You would have made a ton:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118003&highlight=Goldman

Valuist
05-24-2016, 01:08 AM
Remember back in 2013? Goldman said to SELL/SHORT Gold? You would have made a ton:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118003&highlight=Goldman

They actually should have made that call in summer 2011. If one waited until 2013, they only got the end of the move. And that's assuming they sold in late 2015. And if they still think gold is going down, they better have A LOT of lubricant.

lamboguy
05-24-2016, 03:25 AM
They actually should have made that call in summer 2011. If one waited until 2013, they only got the end of the move. And that's assuming they sold in late 2015. And if they still think gold is going down, they better have A LOT of lubricant.just yesterday Martin Armstrong came cout with these numbers on gold. https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/market-update-for-gold/

there are so many people in this world that listen to Mr. Armstrong that are going to sell all their gold when it breaks $1200.

there is a gap at $1190 that has just been sitting there in gold for about 3 months now. gaps in gold always get filled and are usually due to currency fluctuation's. by my numbers i have a confirmed abc up on gold that should take it to $1440 sometime this year. i have been waiting patiently for $1190 to come into play so that i can buy more physical that i have been saving up for the last 3 months? or do i pay attention to Martin Armstrong who decided to make this stunning call from out of nowhere?

i learned a long time ago not to listen to touts about race horses and the same goes with anyone claims to know ahead of time how markets are going to react. in the world that i live in when it comes down to money, i tend to tune myself out to any free advice. i like to act based on my won instincts, sort of the reason why i love Donald Trump so much, he says and does things by his own gut and does not care what someone else says or thinks about his actions.

barn32
05-24-2016, 03:51 AM
just yesterday Martin Armstrong came cout with these numbers on gold. https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/precious-metals/gold/market-update-for-gold/

there are so many people in this world that listen to Mr. Armstrong that are going to sell all their gold when it breaks $1200.

I've never heard of him.

lamboguy
05-24-2016, 04:43 AM
I've never heard of him.he's a guy that was making real great calls on markets about 30 years ago that wound up doing federal time at Fort Dix correctional facility in New Jersey. i knew a guy that was a fellow inmate at the facility. he made about $5 million while doing his time with Armstrong. he had over a year's worth of good time coming to him and begged the prison officials to take away his good time so that he could finish him time with Armstrong and get all his winners. also there were prison guards that became millionaires listening to him as well.

while in jail, Armstrong was writing a news letter and had his daughter publish them for him on the outside. he was "el fuego" making right call after right call. i can relate that to myself betting on horse races. for over 3 years i wasn't able to make a right move. all of a sudden i have become very hot myself for the past 8 months. i have done crazy things that have left me smelling like a rose. i made a very large bet on GUNRUNNER to show in the derby and he held on for a lucky 3rd. in the Preakness i made a much larger bet on NYQUIST to show because i hated EXAGERATOR. if EXAGERATOR made his stretch run on the outside of NYQUIST i would have been ripping up my show tickets. instead he came up the inside and i look like a genius to the race when i know it was nothing more than shit luck to cash those tickets. there is only a limited amount of good luck to go around in this world though and good things can and often do make drastic turns.