PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10

hracingplyr
05-18-2016, 09:40 AM
I have updated to windows 10 and it was a smooth transition. I noticed though when i try to open the free pp's from Whobet i get an error message saying pdf can't open the file. It works fine in Google just wondering why they won't open in Edge?

Bob

Clocker
05-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Do you have Adobe Reader installed? Is it set as the default program to open pdf files?

hracingplyr
05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
how do i ck to make sure it is? Because i also have foxit

Longshot6977
05-18-2016, 06:01 PM
how do i ck to make sure it is? Because i also have foxit

I don't have Win10, but I assume it's like previous versions of Windows. Right click on the pdf file and select "open with" in the context menu. Then select 'choose default program....'

Parkview_Pirate
05-18-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't have Win10, but I assume it's like previous versions of Windows. Right click on the pdf file and select "open with" in the context menu. Then select 'choose default program....'

You can also start up Foxit, and under HELP select the option to make Foxit the default app (if that's what you want).

For a more detailed look at setting default apps in Windows 10, here's a good link:

http://techdows.com/2015/08/how-to-change-the-default-pdf-viewer-in-windows-10.html

Longshot6977
05-18-2016, 10:18 PM
You can also start up Foxit, and under HELP select the option to make Foxit the default app (if that's what you want).

For a more detailed look at setting default apps in Windows 10, here's a good link:

http://techdows.com/2015/08/how-to-change-the-default-pdf-viewer-in-windows-10.html

The instructions are wrong on that link, so be sure to read the comment under the article for the correct procedure.

Tom
06-10-2016, 11:05 AM
MS has sunk to the levels of maleware.

The latest is that the screen that pops up for you accept or decline the W10 installation has been written so that if you click on the X in the corner to close the window, it is taken as acceptance to install.

Even the XXX website has more class than MS does! :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

forced89
06-10-2016, 11:13 AM
MS has sunk to the levels of maleware.

The latest is that the screen that pops up for you accept or decline the W10 installation has been written so that if you click on the X in the corner to close the window, it is taken as acceptance to install.

Even the XXX website has more class than MS does!

Agree 100%. Their deviousness has no limit.