PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich

zico20
05-17-2016, 07:48 PM
Just read in my paper that Newt will accept the VP slot if it is offered to him by Trump. There is a name nobody came up with I think. Trump says he wants an insider for VP. I can't think of anyone more inside Washington and into politics than Newt. He is a brilliant man who would help Trump learn how the system operates. Newt for VP, I like it. :ThmbUp:

Shemp Howard
05-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Newt married his high school geometry teacher.

barahona44
05-17-2016, 11:30 PM
Just read in my paper that Newt will accept the VP slot if it is offered to him by Trump. There is a name nobody came up with I think. Trump says he wants an insider for VP. I can't think of anyone more inside Washington and into politics than Newt. He is a brilliant man who would help Trump learn how the system operates. Newt for VP, I like it. :ThmbUp:
Was this speculation about Gingrich or self promotion by Gingrich?Newt has more baggage than Delta Airlines but there is no doubt he knows the ins & outs of D.C. as well as anybody.

Greyfox
05-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Newt = Brilliant, + Under appreciated man

In my opinion. :ThmbUp:

fast4522
05-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Conventional wisdom suggests selection of a younger person on the bottom of the ticket. Newt is better suited inside the inner sanctum, that is if Trump wants him at all.

Tom
05-18-2016, 07:49 AM
Newt married his high school geometry teacher.

Wonder what his angle was?

Saratoga_Mike
05-18-2016, 09:13 AM
6/5 to be the VP selection at paddypower.com

Dr Gonzo
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
I'd hate to see it. Newt IS brilliant, as noted, but is a globalist. I don't see how this fits with Trump's Nationalistic agenda.

rastajenk
05-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Balance. :p

Dr Gonzo
05-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Is anybody else in here concerned that if Trump picks an establishment insider, they'll try to assassinate the Donald like they did JFK? Then it would be back to corruption-as-usual.

classhandicapper
05-18-2016, 09:50 AM
I like Newt a lot and he's been in Trump's camp from almost the start, but I don't see the political upside. His reputation in mainstream America is damaged by the years of left wing attacks on him. That's what the left does. If someone bright and strong comes along that might actually be able to change things (as Newt did when Clinton was president), they destroy him.

Rookies
05-18-2016, 10:02 AM
Eye of Newt, whose hubris is second only to his trolling for new wives, is a perfect selection by Drumpf- a previously humiliated,has been King wannabe.

Although, he was in my Dead Pool... as Dead! :lol:

barahona44
05-18-2016, 10:06 AM
:3: I like Newt a lot and he's been in Trump's camp from almost the start, but I don't see the political upside. His reputation in mainstream America is damaged by the years of left wing attacks on him. That's what the left does. If someone bright and strong comes along that might actually be able to change things (as Newt did when Clinton was president), they destroy him.
You're right especially when you compare that to the warm and fuzzy feelings the right has ALWAYS shown to the Clintons,Jimmy Carter,etc.

Rookies
05-18-2016, 10:33 AM
An old Canadian Con Prime Minister and good buddy of the Gipper once said about a trougher opponent:

"There's no whore like an old whore." (One of his best lines! :ThmbUp: )

Eye of Newt just salivates at the sound of power. A failed, demagogic, hubris filled, zealot, with a cause.

Now, an old one.

elysiantraveller
05-18-2016, 11:06 AM

Well played! Good day to you! :ThmbUp:

Clocker
05-18-2016, 11:15 AM

I think it is pretty plane.

rastajenk
05-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Maybe she was a-cutie.

incoming
05-18-2016, 01:31 PM
I hope Trump does find a place in his inner circle for Gingrich even with all of his political baggage. I think the perfect job for him would be to finish the job he started in 1994, "The Contract With America." His only job would be a new article for the Constitution and to get it ratified by 2/3 of the states, term limits for Congress. This job would fit right in with Trump's campaign, being a outsider. More importantly, I think the majority of voters are ready for this change.

rastajenk
05-18-2016, 01:35 PM
I agree. Chief of Staff, liaison to Congress, something like that. Not a Cabinet post, though. They tend to be mere figureheads, anyway. Give him something with some meat.

incoming
05-18-2016, 04:28 PM
I agree. Chief of Staff, liaison to Congress, something like that. Not a Cabinet post, though. They tend to be mere figureheads, anyway. Give him something with some meat.

Exactly my thoughts :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-18-2016, 08:58 PM
An old Canadian Con Prime Minister and good buddy of the Gipper once said about a trougher opponent:

"There's no whore like an old whore." (One of his best lines! :ThmbUp: )

Eye of Newt just salivates at the sound of power. A failed, demagogic, hubris filled, zealot, with a cause.

Now, an old one.

Failure?
You better buy an uncensored history book.
Not one in metric. :lol:

Now if you are toaling OLD, take look at the Faux Queen....as old as she is a phony. Royalty......barf.

reckless
05-19-2016, 11:31 AM

Good point and it's a more likely job in the Trump Administration for Newt if one is offered.

Point of reference: when the media names someone as the mostly likely VP candidate, or use the tired term of short list, rest assured that person will definitely not be considered.

As for potential VP candidates I am sticking with my very first and original thinking candidate, the great Rick Perry of Texas.

Ex-senator Scott Brown of Mass. and current Florida governor Rick Scott are my other candidates.

Scott Walker probably hurt himself with his over the top anti-Trump chatter prior to the Wisconsin primary, as did his poor, small performances in the early debates.

I do hope and pray Trump does not play the pandering game by picking a woman, or a Hispanic or worse, a Hispanic woman such as Susanna Martinez. Pandering to a specific demographic is always folly.

Saratoga_Mike
05-19-2016, 11:33 AM
I'd look at what happened at Columbia-HCA (very large hospital company) under Rick Scott's tenure. To me, that disqualifies him.

reckless
05-19-2016, 11:40 AM
I'd look at what happened at Columbia-HCA (very large hospital company) under Rick Scott's tenure. To me, that disqualifies him.

I am not a Rick Scott fan.

I just think that since we, and the general public and media, like to play what-if games like this, then his name should be in the mix. His prior career could disqualify him Mike, I won't dispute that.

I am a big Rick Perry fan and if he's the Veep, it will be a great choice.

Tom
05-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Three things Rick Perry has got going for him:

He has experience in the executive branch, he has name recognition, and...and.....uh......and he.....uh............

reckless
05-19-2016, 11:54 AM
Three things Rick Perry has got going for him:

He has experience in the executive branch, he has name recognition, and...and.....uh......and he.....uh............

LOL...,very good brother Tom!

classhandicapper
05-19-2016, 12:04 PM
:3:
You're right especially when you compare that to the warm and fuzzy feelings the right has ALWAYS shown to the Clintons,Jimmy Carter,etc.

You are correct. The difference is that the right has Fox, Drudge, The Washington Times, talk radio, and a few right wing blog-news sources like Breitbart. The left has ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, The Comedy Channel, Hollywood, and virtually every major newspaper that's not doing financial reporting. It's kind of like Godzilla vs. Underdog.

barn32
05-19-2016, 03:31 PM
You are correct. The difference is that the right has Fox, Drudge, The Washington Times, talk radio, and a few right wing blog-news sources like Breitbart. The left has ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, The Comedy Channel, Hollywood, and virtually every major newspaper that's not doing financial reporting. It's kind of like Godzilla vs. Underdog.FOX is on the right?

classhandicapper
05-19-2016, 03:48 PM
FOX is on the right?

I'd say they are to the right of center, but not where I am.

I want to dismantle the Fed, create a hard currency backed by something of intrinsic value, generally stay out of the affairs of foreign countries except to defend a close ally under imminent threat, secure the borders, dismantle and renegotiate all our trade deals, cut the growth rate of government spending to the rate of real economic growth (as a bare minimum), overhaul entitlement programs to fit our new spending targets, dismantle Obamacare, crush the teacher's union, jail most of the people in power on Wall St. and sell Hollywood to some extremist Muslim country for some gold and let them deal with it.

That's just for starters. ;)

barahona44
05-19-2016, 05:38 PM
I'd say they are to the right of center, but not where I am.

I want to dismantle the Fed, create a hard currency backed by something of intrinsic value, generally stay out of the affairs of foreign countries except to defend a close ally under imminent threat, secure the borders, dismantle and renegotiate all our trade deals, cut the growth rate of government spending to the rate of real economic growth (as a bare minimum), overhaul entitlement programs to fit our new spending targets, dismantle Obamacare, crush the teacher's union, jail most of the people in power on Wall St. and sell Hollywood to some extremist Muslim country for some gold and let them deal with it.

Sounds like you and MostPost could be best buddies! :)

incoming
05-19-2016, 05:54 PM

I'M IN!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: