PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs Wrong P6 Will Pays

BIGTKLO
05-13-2016, 10:29 AM
Did anyone notice that Churchill Downs initially posted the wrong P6 will pays? How does this happen? All of a sudden the P6 will pays appeared and my initial thought was that they were on the light side. Then about 10 minutes later the P6 will pays came up again and the payouts had increased on every horse. I know that there was a scratch in the sequence, but how are wrong will pays posted. Gulfstream Park did the same thing a few years ago, but they never corrected it before the race, and then they took forever to post the prices as they scrambled. To both tracks credit the eventual payout was more than the initial will pay posted.

I don't believe they ever announced how much was in the pool. I can't believe they wouldn't want the country to know how much had been poured into the wager.

WP1981
05-13-2016, 12:09 PM
I saw this same phenomenon in the pilot episode of HBO's Luck.

castaway01
05-13-2016, 12:14 PM
I don't believe they ever announced how much was in the pool. I can't believe they wouldn't want the country to know how much had been poured into the wager.

For those curious, it was $1.47 million per DRF.

SG4
05-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Actual payoff to posted will pay I saw were substantially different, doing some quick math I'm inclined to think those originally willpays might have been calculated as if it were a regular day with no carryover & the extra takeout for no single ticket. Not exactly confidence inspiring in the tote companies, let alone the several instances in the last week of "scratched horses" who were actually still running.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Remember, this was the first time CD and the KY Laws they had gotten passed let them tinker with the carryover from the KY Derby Day to seed their new Single Six/Rainbow Pick 6, so maybe they blew it when changing what the 'carryover'. Though it is hard to believe they would make an error when they were intentionally splitting the carryover, somebody ought to have been watching closely. Maybe I'm off base and this is just a coincidence.