PDA

View Full Version : Minnie the Moocher

KingChas
07-03-2004, 01:25 AM
This is a little tongue in cheek thread.Taking a break from the triple crown races.I've been married 16 years.I'm very lucky my wife loves horseracing.Good woman.The problem is all year I Loan(yea right) her money at the races-$40-to a zillion.But she comes up with these big pops once a year.Examples(Go For Gin-and triple at derby.(Cat thief in BC at $$$ to1)(Sultry Song $$$ at the Spa).(ANY Nick Zito Horse at $$$ to 1). And of course when she's hot I'm not -So I borrow a few back($100).Then hit next race and have to pay her back.Which leaves me with about $20 for next five races.Then life returns to normal.She borrows money all year but reminds me of the day she hit.Oh yes and the days I went without her and lost.Not the days without her I dropped a few C-notes in her hand when I came home.Such is Love.I am the weaker sex.Anybody relate to this?(LOL)

The Hawk
07-03-2004, 09:55 AM
This reminds me of what friends and I joke about all the time, taking your wife to the track.

We all talk about takeout, and avoiding certain bets and or tracks because of it, but there is no tax on the planet more usurious than the tax forced upon you by your wife after you've made a score.

CryingForTheHorses
07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
LMAO I can really relate to this...Lisa won on my horse at 24-1.As we were walking back to the jocks room at Calder, She asked me if I had bet onhim..Like a fool I showed her my 50 win ticket...She took it from me to look at it...That was the last I saw of it,Damn not only did she get the 10% for winning the race..She also got my bet!!

peakpros
07-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by The Hawk
This reminds me of what friends and I joke about all the time, taking your wife to the track.

We all talk about takeout, and avoiding certain bets and or tracks because of it, but there is no tax on the planet more usurious than the tax forced upon you by your wife after you've made a score.

Boy do you have that right.

Yesterday I'm at Monmouth when my wife calls me and says she's on the train on her way to meet me. No problem. SHe does this like once a year.

She gets there right as the 4th goes off. Well I'm lucky enough to hit the tri (something I very rarely play) as well as nail a good size bet on the winner at 14-1.

First I have to pay off the IRS and then the wife. Talk about pain.

JustRalph
07-03-2004, 09:31 PM
you guys need to do some "horse tradin" and maybe look at a couple of new models..........

CryingForTheHorses
07-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Hell Ralph,My wife is a 62 model,Not a dent in her..Think Ill keep her!!

Niko
07-05-2004, 09:13 AM
McShell,
From a bettor's standpoint I always want to know more of the trainers viewpoint, particularily when it comes to betting and training their horses. Just don't get to hear much of it.

What were the circumstances behind your nice score with your horse at 24-1?
Coming back from injury, lay-off, up in class or just overlooked by the bettors?
From what you know do many trainers make many scores or money long-term?
I've heard differing opinions as to how betting trainers do.
thanks

andicap
07-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Niko
McShell,
From a bettor's standpoint I always want to know more of the trainers viewpoint, particularily when it comes to betting and training their horses. Just don't get to hear much of it.

That's an interesting observation considering we had a NY trainer offer to answer questions on the board last year and we pretty much chased him away because he advertised his website.

CryingForTheHorses
07-05-2004, 11:20 AM
I only bet my horse, I NEVER bet someone else's horse unless I know some inside info...This horse Lisa had rode 1 time for me going 5/8..he was beaten 25 lengths..She got off the horses and wiped her hands on my towel..I asked her if she wanted to ride him again..SHE told me to run him 2 turns..I did 10 days later and he won by 5 lengths. She gunned him out of the gate and made the lead by the first turn..She just kept im on the lead..By the time she was at the 3.8 pole, The anouncer had said she was starting toget away..she won by 5..No Angle, No funny stuff, Just hard riding,Tis is for you ANDICAP...I am not advertising my website...I just put it on there for all to see..If it seems to offend anybody, I will pull it from the PA site.

cj
07-05-2004, 12:03 PM
McSchell,

You can make that website at the bottom an actual link that people can click on, see mine below. Let me know if you need help doing it.

KingChas
07-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Nice website Mcshell-Like that 4th of July bikini!Oops I mean jockey silks-sorry

CryingForTheHorses
07-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey Chase.
Air Cool loves her too!!
She rides him every morning

Niko
07-05-2004, 07:03 PM
No funny stuff but I'd say there's an angle.
Hard for a handicapper to read the improvement from a 25 length loss in a horses first start. That's why some races are tough, you don't know what the insiders know.
Congrats

CryingForTheHorses
07-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Niko
No funny stuff but I'd say there's an angle.
Hard for a handicapper to read the improvement from a 25 length loss in a horses first start. That's why some races are tough, you don't know what the insiders know.
Congrats

There are many reasons for a horse to get beat 25 lengths..soundness..type of race..length of race...jockey..type of track.A good trainer knows what is wrong..A great trainer knows what is wrong and also knows how to fix it.I have made a few posts..on vet work etc...Do a search..Would hate to have to write it all over, Also Thankyou for the congrats

KingChas
07-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Agree Mcshell my wife is a 63 model well taken care of.Think I'll keep her.Also forgot to congratulate you on Air Cools nice win.Keep us abreast.I've added AC to my DRF Horse Watch.Best of Luck-KingChas