PDA

View Full Version : Jacques Pépin

ldiatone
05-10-2016, 11:17 AM
another great chef!
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2016/05/jacques_pepin_unlike_other_celebrity_chefs_will_ac tually_teach_you_how_to.html

Tom
05-10-2016, 11:25 AM
He is great!
I used to like the show where he and Julia Child cooked together.
They did a live "meal" at Boston College, with an audience - very funny show!

reckless
05-10-2016, 12:06 PM
An old friend actually left a promising career with a major law firm in lower Manhattan to pursue a career in culinary arts. He went to the French Culinary Institute, where he took courses taught by Jacques Pepin! This would be in the middle-late 1970s and Pepin was always the most popular of the teachers, and this was before he became a popular well-known TV chef.

Shemp Howard
05-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Jacques Pepin forgot more about cooking than that yenta Rachel whatshername ever knew.

He was the genius behind Howard Johnson's fried clam dinners.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2016, 12:03 PM
I knew his daughter for a spate in my college days up in Boston....nice girl...then when I saw her on TV cooking with him, I laughed pretty hard...never thought she was the type who would end up on TV cooking with her dad...

davew
05-15-2016, 02:44 PM
I knew his daughter for a spate in my college days up in Boston....nice girl...then when I saw her on TV cooking with him, I laughed pretty hard...never thought she was the type who would end up on TV cooking with her dad...

My cousin Rollie married her.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2016, 03:36 PM
My cousin Rollie married her.Mazel tov! Like I said, a friend of mine was dating her when I lived in Boston and I hung out with her here and there...she seemed very nice.