PDA

View Full Version : Divisidero And The Relationship We Have With Horses.

CincyHorseplayer
05-08-2016, 09:00 PM
This is an amazing sport. No where do you get to see your bets run down a 16th of a mile to decide the outcome. Flip something on a table=whatever.

Also within the cycle or proximity horses become you. They decide your fate. They are good enough to be worthy of such thoughts.

Divisidero.

As a Kitten's Joy over a Lemon Drop Kid my horseplayer appetite was whetted. I saw 2 trainers taking money for dogshit horses on the turf and this was pedigree central for the lawn. They forsake the trainer and I got 25-1 on him while making the most absurd big move I had ever seen in a maiden. 2 months later his big move didn't look all that and he beat my horse A Lot. I failed to key my horse in the place slot in the trifecta in the American Turf on 2015 Derby undercard.

Turf Classic 2016.Kentucky Derby Day.

I bet Divisedero in the Appleton and he came in 2nd. No harm, no foul. The race before that he finished the quarter mile in 21.3. With this pedigree and at 9F I knew he would be sitting on a big one. The favorite Big Blue Kitten was a deep closer at marathon distances. Tossed him.

Long story short...

Hit the trifecta on derby day..

Favorite nowhere to be found...

The same horse that beat me on 2015 Derby day I won with on 2016 Derby day.Karma in spades baby!

powerrun
05-08-2016, 10:05 PM
This is an amazing sport. No where do you get to see your bets run down a 16th of a mile to decide the outcome. Flip something on a table=whatever.

Also within the cycle or proximity horses become you. They decide your fate. They are good enough to be worthy of such thoughts.

Divisidero.

As a Kitten's Joy over a Lemon Drop Kid my horseplayer appetite was whetted. I saw 2 trainers taking money for dogshit horses on the turf and this was pedigree central for the lawn. They forsake the trainer and I got 25-1 on him while making the most absurd big move I had ever seen in a maiden. 2 months later his big move didn't look all that and he beat my horse A Lot. I failed to key my horse in the place slot in the trifecta in the American Turf on 2015 Derby undercard.

I bet Divisedero in the Appleton and he came in 2nd. No harm, no foul. The race before that he finished the quarter mile in 21.3. With this pedigree and at 9F I knew he would be sitting on a big one. The favorite Big Blue Kitten was a deep closer at marathon distances. Tossed him.

Long story short...

The same horse that beat me on 2015 Derby day I won with on 2016 Derby day.Karma in spades baby!

Nice story about your fondness for Divisedero. In fact, I have been a huge fan of Divisedero since his maiden win at Gulfstream. I watched the TV announcers give no notice to Divisedero on Derby day. I thought Bradley was specifically targeting this race putting Divisidero in two mile races as preps, both of which were improved efforts. Although Divisidero did not win those two races, he showed positive growth from his two-year-old season. I had a hunch Divisidero was sitting on a huge day as you did!

So we both made out well! In fact, I played Sharp Azteca, Divisedero, and Nyquist (based on Buckpasser X gene which you did not seem to appreciate in another post) heavily in the pick 3 (singled Nyguist) and was very happy with the result! :)

FrankieFigs
05-09-2016, 12:21 AM

Divisidero.

Long story short...

Stories like these make me forget all the bitchin' and moanin' from the grumpy stiffs around here. Nice score Cincy!! :ThmbUp:

Valuist
05-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Kinchen and Nick Tammaro were on Steve Byk's podcast on Friday and they both said they loved him so I wonder if that helped bring the odds down. I looked at a replay of his last race and it was not an especially good ride by Prado. Maybe the 15-1 morning line was out of whack, but one had to hope for a little more than 6.5-1. If this was 1996, we might've got a $25 win mutuel. Not these days.

CincyHorseplayer
05-09-2016, 02:09 AM
Stories like these make me forget all the bitchin' and moanin' from the grumpy stiffs around here. Nice score Cincy!! :ThmbUp:

Frankie good to see ya! I saw the forest through the trees here. This was a pure crowd whiff. Dude you never get open length winners on the turf! This was a no doubter for me and you can never say that on green. I'm willing to come to your neck of the woods this year. Just let me know when. I'm bringing the same pack of pens!

CincyHorseplayer
05-09-2016, 02:20 AM
Nice story about your fondness for Divisedero. In fact, I have been a huge fan of Divisedero since his maiden win at Gulfstream. I watched the TV announcers give no notice to Divisedero on Derby day. I thought Bradley was specifically targeting this race putting Divisidero in two mile races as preps, both of which were improved efforts. Although Divisidero did not win those two races, he showed positive growth from his two-year-old season. I had a hunch Divisidero was sitting on a huge day as you did!

So we both made out well! In fact, I played Sharp Azteca, Divisedero, and Nyquist (based on Buckpasser X gene which you did not seem to appreciate in another post) heavily in the pick 3 (singled Nyguist) and was very happy with the result! :)

Fuggin A bubba! These horses that are lightly raced that have these fat ass pedigrees you are just sittin on them waiting for them to go boom! You can smack me in the nuggets about Buckpasser but I know a good turf horse when I see them and I chunk my money down and man handle some payoffs!Good lord how fun was that?! Made my week! And god damnit throwing out that deep closer of a layoff at marathon distances was the key to the whole damn race. Big Blue Kitten was Big Blue out of the money!

plainolebill
05-09-2016, 02:36 AM
I bet him for all the reasons mentioned but I'd have enjoyed it more if he'd actually gone off at ML odds. :)

CincyHorseplayer
05-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Good lord. Mike cut me off if you need too. I'ts mother's day and I am drunk as a skunk and I am lookin at my post here and it looks retarded!

First time starter I bet Divisedero and won at 25-1.

I ddi not use my horse in the 2 slot last year in the American Turf and Divisidero beat me by a head collected a shitty exacta payoff.

He was sittin on diamonds this year and I bet with gusto. That 21.3 move 2 back with this pedigree sold my ass!

Later he smoked that ass!

Anyway that was my triumph this weekend other than the total robber of Cathryn Sophia at 9/2. The Derby sucked but there was plenty of dumb going round!

CJ happy birthday again brother. Hope you had some of this!

burnsy
05-09-2016, 07:04 AM
Kinchen and Nick Tammaro were on Steve Byk's podcast on Friday and they both said they loved him so I wonder if that helped bring the odds down. I looked at a replay of his last race and it was not an especially good ride by Prado. Maybe the 15-1 morning line was out of whack, but one had to hope for a little more than 6.5-1. If this was 1996, we might've got a $25 win mutuel. Not these days.

This is why I love turf racing. You are correct the odds in that race were totally out of whack. The morning line on :8: Divisidero and :11: World Approval (My top choice) was ridiculous at 20-1 going this distance. The fact that Slumber was 3-1 (morning line), he never wins and Big Blue Kitten was going a short distance coming back for him. Others (like Bolo) were more like "milers" and they were taking money too. The thing is Divisidero and World Approval were both bet down in the live betting. A friend and I were on that exacta, these horses had similar running lines last year in NY and both looked to be getting better this year in the 4 and up category. Even though it got bet down that ticket saved my weekend and it wasn't that hard to get to either. Turf racing, the only place you get morning lines and live odds like this, its where I make most of my money playing horses. Those two horses being around 20-1 morning line was a total joke in that race at that distance.

FrankieFigs
05-09-2016, 07:13 AM
Frankie good to see ya! I saw the forest through the trees here. This was a pure crowd whiff. Dude you never get open length winners on the turf! This was a no doubter for me and you can never say that on green. I'm willing to come to your neck of the woods this year. Just let me know when. I'm bringing the same pack of pens!

I also plan on coming up your way sometime this summer. I'll give you a shout when I head that way.

CincyHorseplayer
05-09-2016, 03:08 PM
I also plan on coming up your way sometime this summer. I'll give you a shout when I head that way.

Cool. Email me!

Arapola
05-10-2016, 12:36 PM

Divisidero.

Long story short...

The same horse that beat me on 2015 Derby day I won with on 2016 Derby

day.Karma in spades baby!

Congrats on your win.........I had World Appeal!

Arapola
05-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Should have wrote World Approval.......I'm still shaken up from the loss.

CincyHorseplayer
05-14-2016, 12:01 PM
This is why I love turf racing. You are correct the odds in that race were totally out of whack. The morning line on :8: Divisidero and :11: World Approval (My top choice) was ridiculous at 20-1 going this distance. The fact that Slumber was 3-1 (morning line), he never wins and Big Blue Kitten was going a short distance coming back for him. Others (like Bolo) were more like "milers" and they were taking money too. The thing is Divisidero and World Approval were both bet down in the live betting. A friend and I were on that exacta, these horses had similar running lines last year in NY and both looked to be getting better this year in the 4 and up category. Even though it got bet down that ticket saved my weekend and it wasn't that hard to get to either. Turf racing, the only place you get morning lines and live odds like this, its where I make most of my money playing horses. Those two horses being around 20-1 morning line was a total joke in that race at that distance.

I hear you Burnsy. Turf racing is definitely the place where you can find consistent value. It's more difficult to interpret with the near constant reality of layoffs which makes it difficult for all but especially the crowd. But things like probable pace and distance realities are not really thought about much as you alluded to. Or so it seems. This was a race where it definitely had a big impact.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-14-2016, 12:08 PM
Love stuff like this.

Divisidero was getting bet, and I couldn't see it. For 10 minutes we were talking about how/why he was getting bet.

I was obviously the dumbest guy in the place. :bang:, as my 3rd and 4th place horses were representing.

Valuist
05-14-2016, 12:23 PM

World Appeal was a pretty good horse in his own right.

CincyHorseplayer
05-15-2016, 12:17 AM

Thanks Arapola. I like when this type of thing happens. After X years of playing it is easy to be hard boiled and unsentimental. Actually it is par for the course! A necessity. But it is always nice when you become enamored of an animal from either their pedigree or a first or 2nd start you see and it fires both the imagination and the heart and they weave their way through your playing life like a whisp of something you are always aware but you believe in it and you follow it and without complete recklessness you apprehend it and become one in both bet and spirit! I actually know and believe that happens. It did with this horse. More than once. And that is what makes this the greatest game on earth. Unbridled experience and the reflex of the handicapping process is always reinvigorated and passion fully restored by the horses that latch onto our souls and make their mark forever. Yes it happens! This horse is one for my books!

Arapola
05-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks Arapola. I like when this type of thing happens. After X years of playing it is easy to be hard boiled and unsentimental. Actually it is par for the course! A necessity. But it is always nice when you become enamored of an animal from either their pedigree or a first or 2nd start you see and it fires both the imagination and the heart and they weave their way through your playing life like a whisp of something you are always aware but you believe in it and you follow it and without complete recklessness you apprehend it and become one in both bet and spirit! I actually know and believe that happens. It did with this horse. More than once. And that is what makes this the greatest game on earth. Unbridled experience and the reflex of the handicapping process is always reinvigorated and passion fully restored by the horses that latch onto our souls and make their mark forever. Yes it happens! This horse is one for my books!
Divisidero was the best finishing Turf Router of last year's 3yo's. Unbelievable kick!