PDA

View Full Version : Beholder Looks Good In 1st Race Back

whodoyoulike
05-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Looks very good in a fair final time at SA 05/08/16 Race 8.

... Though Beholder dominated on the track, more news may have been made before the race during a television interview with Spendthrift owner B. Wayne Hughes.

"I want to let the owners of the (Kentucky) Derby know that we hope they win the Triple Crown and then they show up at the Breeders' Cup," Hughes said to TVG's Britney Eurton, not so subtly indicating plans to run in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and poking at Nyquist's connections a day after they won the first leg of the Triple Crown. ...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/211502/beholder-dominant-in-2016-debut?source=rss

You can view her race at the Cal racing link. Just type in Beholder in the horse box because race 8 wasn't available on the date option. Sign up is free and try and watch the entire replay.

http://www.calracing.com/

SG4
05-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Obviously getting way ahead of everything here with Nyquist, but if I was Beholder's camp & I was issuing out these challenges, might as well try to lure him into the Pacific Classic & make that round 1 of an epic throw down with California Chrome too & let the BC be round 2 if everyone's still around for that.

Gotta give credit for the connections being sporting here, already talking about a potential campaign for Beholder in 2017.

cj
05-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Paid workout, nothing more. Weak field and a slow time. (No, that is not a knock!)

whodoyoulike
05-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Gotta give credit for the connections being sporting here, already talking about a potential campaign for Beholder in 2017.

I love it!! This is the way you feel when one feels they're the best or has the best chances with what you got. And, Beholder's a female being pitted against the top males and any or all challengers --- there used to be a slogan which this reminds me of ---- No Fear.

I hope she and the others can stay healthy and finish their careers the way it's supposed to be.

Just noticed how B. Wayne Hughes turned it around that everyone should be coming after her not the other way around. Again, I just love the attempt to psych them out.

EMD4ME
05-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Are you guys tryyyyyiiiiiing to bait me? :lol:

Of course the owner's of Beholder came out and said that.

Maybe it's their GUILT talking for making sure AP got the easy way home in the BC???

whodoyoulike
05-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Are you guys tryyyyyiiiiiing to bait me? :lol:

Of course the owner's of Beholder came out and said that.

Maybe it's their GUILT talking for making sure AP got the easy way home in the BC???

I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted the link.

Just felt others would be interested in her progress. I've come to like her and the way she runs, the last year or so.

So, I'm guessing that you wanted her to run even after she bled in her workout?

Or, you just never believed she bled before the BCC.

EMD4ME
05-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I wasn't even thinking of you when I posted the link.

Just felt others would be interested in her progress. I've come to like her and the way she runs, the last year or so.

So, I'm guessing that you wanted her to run even after she bled in her workout?

Or, you just never believed she bled before the BCC.

I know you weren't thinking of me, hence the :lol: . It was a joke.

Yes, in my heart I believe she never bled or bled 1/100000 of what matters. In a dirty game, I think a dirty deal was made.

Anyway, I was impressed by her public workout. (being serious). Would love to see her continue her dominant ways!