PDA

View Full Version : two 3 horse races on the KENTUCKY DERBY card at Santa Anita

dilanesp
05-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Sign of the times for California racing. On one of the biggest race days of the year, we get two three horse races, and a horse pulled up in one of them creating a match race.

Stillriledup
05-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Not sure why so many scratches in race 1. Pretty embarrassing for Santa Anita.

VigorsTheGrey
05-08-2016, 12:16 AM

And oddly the 2\4 $1 exacta in 3rd race pays 5.7 to 1!

SuperPickle
05-08-2016, 01:19 AM

Everyone ducked Enola Gray and then she late scratched when it came up wet. Considering she's worth more than all the other horses combined I can't blame them.

The kicker is her trainer won the race with his other horse.

Stillriledup
05-08-2016, 05:26 AM
Everyone ducked Enola Gray and then she late scratched when it came up wet. Considering she's worth more than all the other horses combined I can't blame them.

The kicker is her trainer won the race with his other horse.

This makes sense, he's the one trainer in So Cal that I think twice about betting against or betting a race hes in, he's the legend maker Navarro-guy of the West coast, him along with this Wong they make miracles look like everyday occurances.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-08-2016, 01:16 PM
The best part was in that 1st race when the :6: horse didn't finish the race and there were only 2 horses on the board. The screen from Santa Anita displayed the 2 horses along with the message "PHOTO FOR SHOW". :lol:

We were all laughing so hard we were nearly in tears.

dilanesp
05-08-2016, 02:56 PM
The best part was in that 1st race when the :6: horse didn't finish the race and there were only 2 horses on the board. The screen from Santa Anita displayed the 2 horses along with the message "PHOTO FOR SHOW". :lol:

We were all laughing so hard we were nearly in tears.

What makes that even funnier is that there wasn't even any show betting on the race.