PDA

View Full Version : Watch and Wager takes a bath

General Sanders
05-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Did anyone notice that this wagering platform was offering a very nice bonus for opening an account and triple odds on the Derby post time favorite?
Whoever came up with that idea must already be out of a job......they will never offer that again! 6.9/1 on an undefeated horse........beautiful!

doctorwin
05-15-2016, 01:09 PM
You must not be an internet person. Bet America offered Nyquist at 10-1.

Mc990
05-15-2016, 02:31 PM
Did anyone notice that this wagering platform was offering a very nice bonus for opening an account and triple odds on the Derby post time favorite?
Whoever came up with that idea must already be out of a job......they will never offer that again! 6.9/1 on an undefeated horse........beautiful!

These offers/loss leaders are most times insured anyways. This evens out their liability and it can be looked at as advertising. They most likely didn't care about the outcome.

I'm not sure Nyquist was any better than 6.9-1 anyway... But that's a whole other discussion

SecretAgentMan
05-15-2016, 04:43 PM
This is basically a nice way for them to advertise. I know TVG has been doing this promo for years, but there's always a max bet of $25 or so, so I don't see how they can really get hurt, & they're insured

Now if people could put down $1,000 & get 7-1, then we're talking devastation & no one would insure that.

Redboard
05-15-2016, 05:32 PM

I don't think they lost that much. You had to use their ap and a max bet of $10. On the Friday before, Matt/Bridget were definitely saying on TV that it was for new members only. Someone here, in another thread, said they contacted TVG and were told that it was for all customers, not just new. I wonder if any current TVG customers here actually capitalized on this?