PDA

View Full Version : Mario on Nyquist

tucker6
05-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Okay, he was on the winning horse. But I wasn't enamored of him looking over his shoulders constantly down the stretch. To me, it looked like it threw Nyquist off his stride a little. It will cost him a race some day.

yankeelpn
05-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Guessing those Distance Tomilson numbers were very incorrect. Feel like the jockey new he was running out of gas and keep looking back.

bks
05-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Guessing those Distance Tomilson numbers were very incorrect. Feel like the jockey new he was running out of gas and keep looking back.

Running out of gas? He was geared down. O'Neill has been doing everything to save enough horse for the TC series since he knows he's got the best horse by a lot.

CA horses crushed once again. Everyone should be used to it by now.

Burls
05-08-2016, 12:33 AM
I like MG.
But I have to admit, that head bobbing at the end was kind of odd.
It almost looked like MG was looking at something on the back of the horse.

The start was magnificent though.
MG had Nyquist exactly where he needed to be through the start and going into the first turn.
Down the backside he was in perfect position alongside Gun Runner.
He was in primo position when he took off after the final turn.

Then the head bobbing in the straightaway??????

horses4courses
05-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Nyquist this morning with MG close by.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch7yr_iXIAApmYl.jpg

luisbe
05-09-2016, 10:18 PM
The guy never moved a muscle even when Gun Runner went by, he knows that horse very well, just looked back to see how strong exaggerator was coming.

Matt Bryan
05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Running out of gas? He was geared down. O'Neill has been doing everything to save enough horse for the TC series since he knows he's got the best horse by a lot.

CA horses crushed once again. Everyone should be used to it by now.

Agree. O'Neill has also explained the "looking back", and why Nyquist was taken wide in the Fla. Derby. Also, Nyquist hasn't been passed in the stretch, and that was O'Neill's biggest concern - a horse sneaking past.

But, Nyquist will always be Kentucky born. As the saying goes, you can take a horse out of Kentucky.....:)