PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely insane...

Mc990
05-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Looking over the early betting odds, I can't help but wonder if bettors have been swept up in the hype of the favorites winning the last 3 years. Nyquist 2-1, exagg 5-1??? Ridiculous. Nyquist would be a bad favorite @ 5-1 let alone half that price. Good luck to anyone who landed on these 2 for the win spot... It's a tough way to go in this race.

I'll go with the horse who has proven the best of the crop so far and 2 that look best coming out of what I make the key prep race.
Destin
Sbn
Whitmore

The 8 week layoff doesn't concern me one bit. The Pletcher "derby angle" doesn't concern me. To me those are just media narratives and the numbers actually tell a different story.

Boxed, Multis, up and down with some other contenders (not the favorites)

boys at tosconova
05-07-2016, 10:15 AM
whitmores exotics are huge..in one of my bets i played a 5 horse closer box w/ some healthy numbers on it......no destin, though

Fager Fan
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Looking over the early betting odds, I can't help but wonder if bettors have been swept up in the hype of the favorites winning the last 3 years. Nyquist 2-1, exagg 5-1??? Ridiculous. Nyquist would be a bad favorite @ 5-1 let alone half that price. Good luck to anyone who landed on these 2 for the win spot... It's a tough way to go in this race.

I'll go with the horse who has proven the best of the crop so far and 2 that look best coming out of what I make the key prep race.
Destin
Sbn
Whitmore

The 8 week layoff doesn't concern me one bit. The Pletcher "derby angle" doesn't concern me. To me those are just media narratives and the numbers actually tell a different story.

Which one of those duds was supposedly proven to be the best of the crop?

Mc990
05-08-2016, 09:27 AM
Which one of those duds was supposedly proven to be the best of the crop?

Destin and SBN. Don't worry, I'll bump this thread just for you when the time is right. Most likely in 34 days

NorCalGreg
05-08-2016, 10:55 AM

Destin
Sbn
Whitmore

You weren't afraid to voice your opinion BEFORE the race..commend you for that. :ThmbUp: