PDA

View Full Version : Nothing will surprise me

RIsurfcaster
05-06-2016, 10:02 PM
This race is crazy. I can't really get a feel for it. I could see Danzing Candy coming out and setting suicidal fractions again due to where he has drawn, or him wiring the field. I could also see the obvious. Nyquist winning again. If there is a meltdown though, I can see horses like Lani or Trojan nation running into exotics. I tried to make a list of A horses in this race. Nyquist was my only Aplus. I had six other A's that i really couldn't distinguish from one another. I don't know what to make of this. I'm putting most of my money in the trifecta pool with .50 cent wagers. There's way to many variables. All of the final prep races either had off tracks, or pace meltdowns. I just hope i can link up the right numbers in tris and supers. I hope you all cash tickets!

fiznow
05-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Youre right, I wouldnt bet much money in this derby. Bet a small amount on longshots and win big. Good luck! ;)

SecretAgentMan
05-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Yeah, even with a 7 for 7 undefeated horse, something feels uneasy about this derby because he's not even rock solid IMO.

boys at tosconova
05-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Yeah, even with a 7 for 7 undefeated horse, something feels uneasy about this derby because he's not even rock solid IMO.

his two races weren't very challenging this year. nor do they scream i'm the king and can't be beaten

Nitro
05-06-2016, 11:58 PM
I wonder what everyone will be saying if he goes 8 for 8 and perhaps runs lights-out in the Derby? Probably that he beat a mediocre field or who knows what else! Maybe, just maybe we haven't seen the best of what this horse has got. Sure he's no lock, but the old handicapper's adage is "play a consistent winner until they loose". He's solid on my ticket along with my other in-the-money Key - Mor Spirit.

Good luck

AirNate012
05-07-2016, 12:02 AM
I wonder what everyone will be saying if he goes 8 for 8 and perhaps runs lights-out in the Derby? Probably that he beat a mediocre field or who knows what else! Maybe, just maybe we haven't seen the best of what this horse has got. Sure he's no lock, but the old handicapper's adage is "play a consistent winner until they loose". He's solid on my ticket along with my other in-the-money Key - Mor Spirit.

Good luck

I agree. I like any Nyquist to win with some prices underneathe.

redeye007
05-07-2016, 03:06 AM
I agree. Nyquist is strictly the one to beat. With a perfect record and nice impressive wins under his belt he should go 8 for 8.But there is something in this game called " Racing Luck". With that factored into the equation almost any runner could upset him. He should be either first or second. My selection to upset him based on the "Racing Luck" factor is :9: Destin 15-1.

depalma113
05-07-2016, 04:58 PM
The closers have no shot at the win.

This track is favoring pressers.

Psychotic Parakeet
05-07-2016, 05:10 PM
And it is pouring like crazy. Ugh!

Nitro
05-07-2016, 07:04 PM

Good luck

I can't wait to hear the naysayers now! :D

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I can't wait to hear the naysayers now! :DSo you don't use the tote exclusively?

depalma113
05-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I can't wait to hear the naysayers now! :D

I think I posted it at 4:58.

Nitro
05-07-2016, 07:23 PM
So you don't use the tote exclusively?

Did any of my posts regarding the Derby say that I did?
I lost the Super because I didn't use Exaggerator. BIG Mistake! The tote analysis had the Cold Exacta, Triple, and Super boxed. That's what happens sometimes when you go off the money. A stupid error! But we're human and mistakes will happen. I did have 3 horse Dutch win bet with Nyquist (2/1), Mor Spirit (12/1) and Danzig Candy (25/1).

LOW MID HI TOT BET TOT PRF PRF %
2.0 12.0 25.0
$6 $26 $52
$52 $12 $6 $70 $86 123%
$156 $156 $156