PDA

View Full Version : Mohaymen Future Pool Bettors

arw629
05-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Are the crazies that bet him at 7-2 in February doubling down on him in derby? I don't think this will effect his final odds ...right?

burnsy
05-06-2016, 07:01 AM
Spoken like someone that understands the goofiness of this bet. Of course, the "fans" will double down but this horse will still probably be over bet when compared to his chances of winning. He has a punchers chance, never 7-2 or even under 10-1, but the races he did win were some weak ass horses too.

If he loses this is something that happens almost every year.........people see horse win 6 months before the derby..........get on the bandwagon way in advance.......and the horse turns out to be about half as good as people think.

I still remember taking crap on the internet when people were touting Uncle Mo at 5-2 in the futures bet....real "geniuses" too........ :lol:

"I'm getting "value" he'll be 7-5 in the derby." It worked out really well for them too. The horse couldn't even win the prep. That was the Wood Mem. which has been weak for a while now. Then he scratches on Derby Eve.

What a wacky bet....after the odds of the horse making the gate are factored in, as well as all the things that can come to light in the months preceding the derby, the scratches that happen up to the day of the derby.......you better be getting paid before even thinking about it. Its a "fun", warm feeling, kind of bet that a person is paying for. Its not any good for really making money. My friend liked Giacomo 10 years ago, the pool he bet paid less than he got on derby day. Its just not a feasible bet in most cases....when one looks at the reality of it. Its not like taking the "Patriots" in an NFL futures bet, because the Patriots will field a team until the end no matter what happens. Its sort of a bet that does not even "work" for this sport.

You can't even brag after the fact. "I bet him months ago and got 9 bucks." if he wins he will pay almost 20 derby day........ :bang:

PowerUpPaynter
05-06-2016, 09:19 AM
I got Nyquist at 7-1

delsully
05-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Didn't bet him in the pools but got him at 20-1 @ Intertops. Will not be betting him to win tomorrow. Will not be unhappy if he wins.

tanner12oz
05-06-2016, 10:09 AM
how many from pool 1 are making the gate?

year 1 of the November pool only 1 horse made it
year 2 I think something like half the field or more made it