PDA

View Full Version : G1 Kentucky Oaks

Lemon Drop Husker
05-05-2016, 07:46 PM
With Songbird on the bench, this race got a whole lot more interesting.

Especially with a 7/2 ML favorite.

14 fillies will go to the gate, and they ALL have a chance.

:1: Terra Promessa: 4 for 5. Solid connections, the only question right now is class and speed. Unfortunately, this stalker will likely find things a bit tougher this time around. Pass.

:2: Weep No More: 3 in a row including the G1 Ashland in which she sweeped up on the folding fearsome threesome in front of her. Lanerie is still on board, a plus, but a bounce is likely if not expected.

:3: Lewis Bay: The Wise Guy filly in here. She has finished in every Exacta of every race she has ran. Will 9Fs fit her schedule?

:4: Go Maggie Go: 2 fo' 2. Biggest question is if she has taken to the CD track. Tread lightly.

:5: Dream Dance: OK, so we have a filly that has hit the board in 7 of her 9 races and she is 30/1? If we get enough pace, she becomes REALLY interesting at 9F.

:6: Mokat: Deep closer. Include on the bottom end of Super tickets.

:7: Mo d'Amour: I think my ex-wife has this perfume. Speed/fade and then blame and yell at everybody else.

:8: Royal Obsession: Short and sweet. My play.

:9: Paola Queen: Depending upon her to make it a collapsing pace.

:10: Venus Valentine: The Fair Grounds late run was a fluke.

:11: Rachel's Valentine: Not sure she will be the favorite. Always runs hard. Post will be tough for her. The one to beat.

:12: Cathryn Sophia: Looked dominating, and then..... 2 turns. Was going elsewhere till Songbird got ill. I'll pass, as she'll be another speed influence.

:13: Land Over Sea: Wise guy filly and likely favorite. Should get a good trip and can't be dismissed.

:14: Taxable: 3 races in a row and getting better every time. I can see a massive improvement out of this one. 9Fs? She is begging for it.

WP: :8: Royal Obsession
Ex: :4::6::8::14: Box

Redboard
05-05-2016, 10:12 PM
I like your pick . Anywhere near 20-1 would be a steal.

But I'm going with :3: Lewis Bay because of Chad Brown and I like the fact that Irad's brother won't be competing with him in this race.

f2tornado
05-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Agree the 8 is best long shot play here. I wouldn't dismiss the 14 either and the pilot is a plus. Tough race so am laying light. I made a couple early trifecta wagers on TwinSpires keying the 11 and 12.

VigorsTheGrey
05-05-2016, 11:25 PM
link to the oaks...scroll down. Churchill R11

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/briswatch.cgi/public/ToddPletcher/PLETCHER+TODD+A/9999/summary.html

overthehill
05-06-2016, 02:31 AM
I tried the #3 here too.