PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's CD Card

The Biscuit
05-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Want to go over each race ... I don't have the most knowledge when looking over a form , so I can use a bit of help , if anyone would like to contribute their selections for each race and analysis , if possible ...

Race 1

How much concern do you guys put into weight gain on a horse ? I realize you have to look at the trainer , with this angle ...

#1 ..My look is that I'm not sure this horse likes CD surface ..he does has beyers of 94 and 98 vs cheaper ... trainer is decent ...

#2 ... Has the Back Class of the Race ... won over 1 million dollars so far ...
lost to number 1 in last race .... raced 3x at CD , but my form does not go back too far to pull up ... May be horse to beat ... imo

#3 ...Broke Maiden at CD .. Raced at CD 0 C 62 on way back in 2014 at 1 mile in 137 and change ...very lightly raced horse ...Decent traine and like the Jock/Trainer win Pct 30% !!! ...Contender ??

#4 ...Jock/Trainer win pct at CD 22% ... Has a Bullet workout ... Gains 5 lbs .... I feel over the last few races this horse has better competition than the 1 horse who beat the favorite #2 .... No Excuse in last ...

#5 ... 5X Jock/Trainer together at CD and have won 40 % of those races ...has faced number 4 and outfinished him in the race .. So if you like 4 horse ...you have to like the 5 horse more ..imo ... and likes CD !!

#6 ...feels his beyers don't belong here .. Am i missing something ?

#7 ... Jock/Trainer win Pct 17 % Up 5 lbs but trainer has done this before with success ...8/3/15 .... The horse on paper shows no ITM at CD but one of those races last year was Grade 2 going longer and he faded badly at the 1/8 pole .. this one is shorter and faces easier ...
My Longshot in the Race is here ....

Not a big gambler boys ... so beware ...lol ...

$2 W/P/S #7 ... $1 Exacta Box 2/5/7 ....

Thoughts ?? Always trying to be a better capper , is my goal ...

f2tornado
05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't plan on betting Race 1. My take: All the horses are within 3 Brisnet average speed rating meaning the worst horse in the race is just about as good as the best. Most of the horses have the same running style so cannot single much out for the pace scenario and none match the pace pars for the race. The closest I could find is the 4 who seems to like the track but coming off a layoff. The other is 6 who has a very good Johnny V aboard but he is facing more classy competitors. He ran some fast early fractions at Gulf and could pull off a theft. It might be worth a stab at 12-1 if the ML holds otherwise a skip for me.

The Biscuit
05-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your input bro ....appreciate it .... GL Derby Day !

arw629
05-05-2016, 10:25 PM
2,3,6,7 for me if I decide to play a pick 3 or double

Lemon Drop Husker
05-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Bad race.

I'm with you on the :7:, and if the :4::5: are undervalued, I may play the race.

Otherwise, the card is too thick and good to worry about this garbage.

dballard125
05-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I will pass on the first race as well. Might pass on the 2nd and 3rd as well, to be honest. Spend that time firing up the grill, pouring a few drinks, and looking at the program.

The Biscuit
05-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Saturday CD 2nd race

$2 W/P/S #8

$1 Ex Box ...1/2/8

$1 Tri 1,8/1,8/ 2,3

$0.25 Super 1,8/1,8/1,2,3/ 1,2,3

3rd Race

$1 Ex Box 7,10,11

4th Race

Pass on the Trash ...