PDA

View Full Version : why is this horse here?

thespaah
05-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Lani......Shows some decent lines in races overseas. Has a Group 2 win in Dubai at 9.5 furlongs. Seems to have distance on both the sire and dam sides
Had a 1:01.0 breeze( 5f) today....They brought the horse's regular pilot over from Japan.....
Could this possibly be one of those horses pointed to the Derby? One where the horse has a legitimate chance of winning? Or is the presence of the horse simply a wealthy owner's wishing for a lightning bolt from a blue sky?
Anyone?

SecretAgentMan
05-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Lani......Shows some decent lines in races overseas. Has a Group 2 win in Dubai at 9.5 furlongs. Seems to have distance on both the sire and dam sides
Had a 1:01.0 breeze( 5f) today....They brought the horse's regular pilot over from Japan.....
Could this possibly be one of those horses pointed to the Derby? One where the horse has a legitimate chance of winning? Or is the presence of the horse simply a wealthy owner's wishing for a lightning bolt from a blue sky?
Anyone?

No horse has ever won the KD after winning the UAE derby or even racing in it I don't believe? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Lani received a nice post draw tho.

dballard125
05-05-2016, 12:21 AM
This horse is such a head case, that I just can't use him. He could go ape shit in the paddock, refuse to load, or choose to not run when the race starts. In a 20 horse field, you gotta draw a line somewhere and this dude is too high risk.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-05-2016, 12:41 AM
It'll be good viewing for the entire family when Lani sprouts a 5th leg during the post parade.

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2016, 12:50 AM
It'll be good viewing for the entire family when Lani sprouts a 5th leg during the post parade.

Hilarious. Studding! :D

boys at tosconova
05-05-2016, 01:05 AM
Hilarious. Studding! :D

in other news, the all roan KD is sure to happen sooner than later.

burnsy
05-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Its like any other horse race because anyone can win. Lightning out of a blue sky does strike and I laugh every year when people think only a chosen few can win this race. In the last 10 years we have had Mine That Bird and Giacomo. Will this horse win? I don't know but he's run good enough to be in it and that's all that really counts.

If you asked people about Mine That Bird and Giacomo on the Thursday before the Derby that they won....most people would of laughed at you too. I have a pretty good memory, which comes in handy because it gives me a good perspective. People see horses like this win over and over again but they still don't believe it can happen. Until the "lazy lightning" strikes again. Then Sunday morning they are perplexed and in disbelief.........Yes this horse has a chance.....maybe not a big one, but he's not chopped liver or he would not be here. He's got the right blood lines and he has beaten some pretty good horses. I don't even think I'll use him but he can win, so can one of the other 19.

Frost king
05-05-2016, 08:19 AM
So you a horse here that is going to run in 3 races on three different continents, in a 12 week span, and a 3 yr old to boot. Most horses that run in Dubai, need more than 4-5 weeks to recover from the ship. Were they not trying a three continent ship with California Chrome last year? How did that work out? This year, they are laying him off for at least 8-10 from the Dubai race to recover. So if you want to bet a 3 yr old to accomplish this feat, fill your boots!

SecretAgentMan
05-05-2016, 09:30 AM
So you a horse here that is going to run in 3 races on three different continents, in a 12 week span, and a 3 yr old to boot. Most horses that run in Dubai, need more than 4-5 weeks to recover from the ship. Were they not trying a three continent ship with California Chrome last year? How did that work out? This year, they are laying him off for at least 8-10 from the Dubai race to recover. So if you want to bet a 3 yr old to accomplish this feat, fill your boots!

Probably the best info to bet against Lani. If a horse like Chrome can't do that traveling plan, how can Lani? Plus Lani is unpredictable & wild.

thespaah
05-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Its like any other horse race because anyone can win. Lightning out of a blue sky does strike and I laugh every year when people think only a chosen few can win this race. In the last 10 years we have had Mine That Bird and Giacomo. Will this horse win? I don't know but he's run good enough to be in it and that's all that really counts.

If you asked people about Mine That Bird and Giacomo on the Thursday before the Derby that they won....most people would of laughed at you too. I have a pretty good memory, which comes in handy because it gives me a good perspective. People see horses like this win over and over again but they still don't believe it can happen. Until the "lazy lightning" strikes again. Then Sunday morning they are perplexed and in disbelief.........Yes this horse has a chance.....maybe not a big one, but he's not chopped liver or he would not be here. He's got the right blood lines and he has beaten some pretty good horses. I don't even think I'll use him but he can win, so can one of the other 19.
Ok Red board warning....I really despise the term because I believe its not out of line to discuss with others successful selections/bets..
So at risk of being flamed into another area code....I liked Mine That Bird for one reason...He is a Birdstone progeny. Birdstone took to off tracks. So I used Mine That Bird....Ok....Start shooting...LOL

yankeelpn
05-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Wild finish would be Lani/Mor Sprit plodding down the stretch in a time of 2:06.

MNslappy
05-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Finished 9th, which is actually a hell of a lot better than I expected.

Tom
05-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Finished 9th, which is actually a hell of a lot better than I expected.

And better than several of my bets! :rolleyes:

depalma113
05-07-2016, 08:08 PM
He will continue to the Preakness, where all the trainers of the pigs he beat can complain some more.