PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MS Office

Track Collector
05-04-2016, 10:01 PM
I've been trying to copy over my .pst file from my older laptop to my newer one. I've encountered a problem that research on the internet so far has failed to yield a solution.

Specifically, some of my older e-mails did not transfer over, or if they have, they can not be seen. Older ones from 2009 thru about mid-December of 2013 can be seen in the "Older" section, but none from later-December to the current (except for brand new ones that have just come in on the server). Yet with the very same .pst file they can all be seen on my older laptop. It does not seem like any "filter" has been set, but I could be wrong. One other difference which may/may not be significant is that I am using Outlook 2010 on my new laptop while Outlook 2007 is used on my older laptop. Also, I have tried re-installing a few times but that has made no difference.

Any suggestions?

098poi
05-04-2016, 10:08 PM
On the old laptop create a brand new PST and then copy the ones that you can't see to that one. Then move the new one over and see if you can view them.

wilderness
05-04-2016, 11:58 PM
TC,
Not sure how Outlook PST files work?
Are they multiple files? Or combined into a single file?
Is there one separate file named Index?

I've used OEX since the beginning of time.
Each month I backup my OEX DBX files.
There is one separate file named index.
If the directory/folder structure in that index file does not match the names of the files, than the folder name that is void in the index file will not appear.

Track Collector
05-06-2016, 12:05 AM
TC,
Not sure how Outlook PST files work?
Are they multiple files? Or combined into a single file?
Is there one separate file named Index?

I've used OEX since the beginning of time.
Each month I backup my OEX DBX files.
There is one separate file named index.
If the directory/folder structure in that index file does not match the names of the files, than the folder name that is void in the index file will not appear.

.PST files are one giant file containing one's e-mails, calendar, etc.

Tom
05-06-2016, 05:08 PM
If have not solved it, try this call in radio show Saturdays, 12-2pm.

www.soundbytes.org

http://www.jazz901.org/listen-live/

Longshot6977
05-06-2016, 09:03 PM
I've been trying to copy over my .pst file from my older laptop to my newer one. I've encountered a problem that research on the internet so far has failed to yield a solution.

Specifically, some of my older e-mails did not transfer over, or if they have, they can not be seen. Older ones from 2009 thru about mid-December of 2013 can be seen in the "Older" section, but none from later-December to the current (except for brand new ones that have just come in on the server). Yet with the very same .pst file they can all be seen on my older laptop. It does not seem like any "filter" has been set, but I could be wrong. One other difference which may/may not be significant is that I am using Outlook 2010 on my new laptop while Outlook 2007 is used on my older laptop. Also, I have tried re-installing a few times but that has made no difference.

Any suggestions?

This guy had a similar problem and got it resolved by following a few links. Read this:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/migrating-outlook-2007s-pst-data-to-outlook-2010/a6412d6b-99c7-4121-9410-14929233dc96?auth=1

Hope you get it resolved. Good luck.