PDA

View Full Version : computrak

green80
05-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know if computrak is still in business?

JimG
05-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Does anyone know if computrak is still in business?

If you google "computrak", you will see that the website is still there, so I assume they are still in business.

whodoyoulike
05-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I don't know but I think the developer is a forum member.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117502&highlight=computrak

Bugboy,

Program works with both 32 and 64 bit computers and the various versions of Windows, e.g., XP, 7, 8, 8.1 etc.

Problem may be with your computer. Please email us at support@revelationprofits.com to provide us with more info, e.g., any error message you see, and we will work with you on this.

Flysofree
05-04-2016, 09:26 PM
This software always felt like it was going to work for me. I loved the way you could scratch horses, but just could never get a good feel for it. However, there are probably users of it, that know exactly how many past races to put in depending on type of race and length of race etc... But they ain't talking and who can blame them.

horseplayer
05-05-2016, 09:00 PM
This software always felt like it was going to work for me. I loved the way you could scratch horses, but just could never get a good feel for it. However, there are probably users of it, that know exactly how many past races to put in depending on type of race and length of race etc... But they ain't talking and who can blame them.

Everyone has their own method - I have this pgm and will at times use it -

the best that I have found about it is that his o/l column "odds line " is generated by his "form " rating added to his "work out " rating so horses having good workouts but not necessarily best form will get a high rating . What this means is that he will put a lot of high odds horses listed at the top of the o/l column and it pays to look at the top rated o/l horse if this horse has high work out ratings.

The next factor is his friction column that is based on a horses ability to close - this is used in handicapping route races and is helpful in turf races .

As for working with the pace lines it is really up to you - you can use the default, or set your own distances for what pace lines to be searched and how far back you want to go.

there is another area where he has his special ratings "magic number "
"Boxer number" -- I looked into this area but for me the amount of time involved was not worth it.

Sartin remarked favorably about his "friction rating" and I did read that West Coast handicapper Brad Free charted the top rated O/L horse for a large amount of races (perhaps an entire meet) and got a healthy ROI .

My opinion of horse racing software is that there are good and bad days - this is the type of software that can hit big bombs but you have to play every day - and what about the day when it picks a $50+ horse or two and you did not play that day.

The best advice I can give - is watch the longshots listed as #1 in the o/l column and then look the horse over and see if it has a few good things:

1- good workout ratings - not always just bullets but listed 2nd or 3rd in the daily workout ranking especially if horse is breezing.

2 horse that won last race powerfully and is moving up in class today.

Well I hope this helps regarding this software