PDA

View Full Version : President Donald J. Trump

Shemp Howard
05-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

OntheRail
05-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Like an Ice Cream truck on a hot summers day... ;)

horses4courses
05-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Like an Ice Cream truck on a hot summers day... ;)

With 4 flat tires and a power failure........... :lol:

Clocker
05-03-2016, 11:13 PM
With 4 flat tires and a power failure........... :lol:

A Trump ice cream truck would be yuuge, a palace on wheels, operated by foreigners with H-1B visas, with a municipal monopoly license to sell ice cream, thanks to contributions to the local authorities.

Stillriledup
05-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

it does. we will see how smart americans are come november. my guess is not that smart.

1st time lasix
05-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Don't ever use the term "smart" and Trump in the same message. They are mutually exclusive events

Tom
05-04-2016, 12:28 PM
A democrat ice cream truck would have someone taking a huge lick off your cone before it ever got to your mouth.:eek:

Tom
05-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Don't ever use the term "smart" and Trump in the same message. They are mutually exclusive events

Well, he is now the only one left, so I guess he isn't all that dumb.
Maybe you were thinking of "Chad" Kasich? :lol:

mostpost
05-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, he is now the only one left, so I guess he isn't all that dumb.
Maybe you were thinking of "Chad" Kasich? :lol:
He isn't the dumbest one out there. That would be the people who voted for him.

Tom
05-04-2016, 12:51 PM
He isn't the dumbest one out there. That would be the people who voted for him.

BOTH of them???? :lol:

no breathalyzer
05-04-2016, 06:34 PM
THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN .. THE REVOLUTION IS HERE!!!

stuball
05-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Both political parties have no one to blame but themselves. People are totally fed up..We are in danger of losing our Pension because of Washington and Wall Street...We are fighting and will continue to fight to the very end.....

Stuball :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

_______
05-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Both political parties have no one to blame but themselves. People are totally fed up..We are in danger of losing our Pension because of Washington and Wall Street...We are fighting and will continue to fight to the very end.....

Stuball :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'm sure Democratic Party insiders are shamefaced at what they've done to arrange the spectacle of being handed the Presidency and control of the Senate on silver platters.

fast4522
05-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Every single liberal who has commie tendencies hates and fears him because he appeals to center leaning democrats, it's all good.

Clocker
05-04-2016, 08:36 PM
With the nomination in the bag, Trump begins to pivot to the left.

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said Wednesday that he was open to raising the federal minimum wage, breaking with the prevailing view of his party.

“I’m actually looking at that because I am very different from most Republicans,” Mr. Trump said in an interview on CNN’s. “You have to have something that you can live on.”

The billionaire businessman said he was studying the minimum wage issue and did not know if the current federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour should be raised to the $15 per hour “living wage” advocated by Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernard Sanders.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/4/donald-trump-say-hes-open-higher-minimum-wage-goes/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/4/donald-trump-say-hes-open-higher-minimum-wage-goes/)

OntheRail
05-04-2016, 09:56 PM
With the nomination in the bag, Trump begins to pivot to the left.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/4/donald-trump-say-hes-open-higher-minimum-wage-goes/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/4/donald-trump-say-hes-open-higher-minimum-wage-goes/)

said he didn’t want to tinker too much with the minimum wage because it would hurt “competitiveness.”

“What I really want is to bring jobs back so they make more that $15 an hour,” said the New York tycoon.

Bait casting for Sanders people... No harm... ;) .

horses4courses
05-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Impossible?
Nope.
But you still have a hill to climb.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/04/upshot/electoral-map-trump-clinton.html?smid=tw-upshotnyt&smtyp=cur&_r=0

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chp_SJQXAAAEtjb.jpg

Tom
05-04-2016, 10:48 PM
And Hillary has a large cliff to fall off.
Can't wait until Trump turns on her. she might explode long before November. :lol:

Clocker
05-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Bait casting for Sanders people... No harm... ;) .

So what Trump said about the minimum wage today is not true? :eek:

OntheRail
05-05-2016, 12:08 AM
So what Trump said about the minimum wage today is not true? :eek:
Come on... your a smart guy. You did read the article not just the headline?

The billionaire businessman said he was studying the minimum wage issue and did not know if the current federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour should be raised to the $15 per hour “living wage” advocated by Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernard Sanders.

Mr. Trump said he didn’t want to tinker too much with the minimum wage because it would hurt “competitiveness.”

“What I really want is to bring jobs back so they make more that $15 an hour,” said the New York tycoon.

So he wants to return more jobs... better paying jobs. ;)

Clocker
05-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Come on... your a smart guy. You did read the article not just the headline?

So he wants to return more jobs... better paying jobs. ;)

I'm smart enough to know that Trump is trying to blow smoke up someone's butt, I'm not smart enough to figure out which side he is trying to screw with. And I am not smart enough to figure out what he really believes, because he changes his party registration and his policy positions more often than I change the oil on my truck.

And I know enough about business and economics to know that nothing he has proposed will "return more jobs" to this country. The jobs he is talking about are gone forever. The role of government is to create a business environment that promotes the development of good new jobs. And I know that Trump is not smart enough to understand or to accomplish that.

Nutz and Boltz
05-05-2016, 07:02 AM
http://trumpscrewedme.wpengine.com/

Sic him, sick puppies !

barn32
05-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Depending on which poll you look at Trump is down anywhere from 4 to 17 points. (One poll has him up 4 points, but that's probably an outlier.)

However, historically, over the last six or so elections the leader in the polls in the month of May has lost every election but one.

Hillary was leading in the polls in Indiana and Wisconsin (I think) and lost both of those states.

Polls can be predictive and also misleading.

It's still very early, and the real race hasn't even started yet. Expect the numbers to tighten.

MutuelClerk
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
NAFTA.

Midwest.

Photo finish.

forced89
05-05-2016, 08:53 AM
First, let me say I am a life long Republican and there is no way in this world that I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Second, in despair I predict that when all is said and done Trump will be annihilated and carry around 5 states.

davew
05-05-2016, 08:55 AM
A democrat ice cream truck would have someone taking a huge lick off your cone before it ever got to your mouth.:eek:

But the union workers would have a living wage, and there would be so much money everywhere that no one would complain the ice cream cone cost $25 plus $5 sales tax (before tip).

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
First, let me say I am a life long Republican and there is no way in this world that I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Second, in despair I predict that when all is said and done Trump will be annihilated and carry around 5 states.You give Hillary a ton of credit she won't ever get at the voting booth. Remember the two candidates you're going to end up with here. There are a LOT of people out there who will vote for Trump.

And believe it or not, a lot of INTELLIGENT people...people who even live in liberal places like NY. DEMOCRATS who live in liberal places like NY.

This entire election cycle has been completely MISUNDERSTOOD by the pundits and many of the people. A lot of people can't conceive of Trump having ANY appeal...they are the fools in this equation.

elysiantraveller
05-05-2016, 01:02 PM
You give Hillary a ton of credit she won't ever get at the voting booth. Remember the two candidates you're going to end up with here. There are a LOT of people out there who will vote for Trump.

And believe it or not, a lot of INTELLIGENT people...people who even live in liberal places like NY. DEMOCRATS who live in liberal places like NY.

This entire election cycle has been completely MISUNDERSTOOD by the pundits and many of the people. A lot of people can't conceive of Trump having ANY appeal...they are the fools in this equation.

The demographics still matter. NY liberals votes only count in NY and he isn't winning there. Every demographic aside from whites [male] is going to smash Trump. When you get to an open general the millennials also show up to vote (they've been busy voting for Bernie) and he gets equally smashed there.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 01:10 PM
The demographics still matter. NY liberals votes only count in NY and he isn't winning there. Every demographic aside from whites [male] is going to smash Trump. When you get to an open general the millennials also show up to vote (they've been busy voting for Bernie) and he gets equally smashed there.OK. Double down on your Trump-fade. What have you got to lose?

Why are you so confident about this? You were very confident during the primary run not so long ago too...how are you not the least bit hesitant seeing how wrong people have been about him and his ability to surprise to date?

elysiantraveller
05-05-2016, 01:20 PM
OK. Double down on your Trump-fade. What have you got to lose?

Why are you so confident about this? You were very confident during the primary run not so long ago too...how are you not the least bit hesitant seeing how wrong people have been about him and his ability to surprise to date?

I've been dead wrong. Appealing to low-information voters has worked wonders. The problem is he isn't turning those demographics that matter in a general election. Millennials will show up to protest vote Trump. What demographic does he have in-roads with? Its not women. Its not hispanics.

Plus at some point he will have to pivot from this vitriolic, divisive, xenophobic stuff he is putting out there which, ironically, will disenfranchise him with his base who earned him the nomination.

Greyfox
05-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Appealing to low-information voters has worked wonders.

High information voters, if rational, could not vote for Hillary.
It's a myth that Trump's support is mainly "low-information voters."

elysiantraveller
05-05-2016, 02:05 PM
High information voters, if rational, could not vote for Hillary or Trump.
It's a myth that Trump's support is mainly "low-information voters."

FTFY

If by myth you mean repeatedly verified by internal and exit polling then... yes... its a myth...

Greyfox
05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
FTFY

If by myth you mean repeatedly verified by internal and exit polling then... yes... its a myth...

You're something else. You changed what I wrote and deliberately misquoted me. :ThmbDown:
I have nothing more to say to anyone who stoops that low.
I clearly said "High information voters could not vote for Hillary."
To propagate the idea that Trump's supporters alone are low information is simply a Democrat smear campaign.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Speaking of low information, some of the interviews I've seen outside of Sanders' rallies are mind blowing in terms of low information.

But nobody talks about that. All these millennials supporting Sanders are, apparently, the biggest congregation of Mensa geniuses and they are all plugged into the political system info-highway...

I think Greyfox is right. Nothing but a Dem smear campaign.

Essentially, they are Trump-shaming us...

elysiantraveller
05-05-2016, 03:02 PM
You're something else. You changed what I wrote and deliberately misquoted me. :ThmbDown:
I have nothing more to say to anyone who stoops that low.
I clearly said "High information voters could not vote for Hillary."
To propagate the idea that Trump's supporters alone are low information is simply a Democrat smear campaign.

I agreed with you about Hillary and simply added Trumps name. Not really a mis-quote as I told you I did it. :)

elysiantraveller
05-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Speaking of low information, some of the interviews I've seen outside of Sanders' rallies are mind blowing in terms of low information.

But nobody talks about that. All these millennials supporting Sanders are, apparently, the biggest congregation of Mensa geniuses and they are all plugged into the political system info-highway...

I think Greyfox is right. Nothing but a Dem smear campaign.

Essentially, they are Trump-shaming us...

I take no issues with what you said about Bernie supporters. The Trump-shaming being some democrat smear campaign though is ridiculous. Most of the what man says demonstrates he has no clue what he is talking about. Just because someone doesn't like "your guy" doesn't mean they like the other either. Its the same point I was making to Greyfox. They are all terrible. A running joke among my friends is "Trump supporters are allergic to facts the same way Bernie supporters are allergic to math."

barn32
05-05-2016, 03:33 PM
First, let me say I am a life long Republican and there is no way in this world that I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Second, in despair I predict that when all is said and done Trump will be annihilated and carry around 5 states.It really surprises me people make statements like this and similar type statements on a handicapping website. To me, it shows a real lack of handicapping skill.

To say that he will only win 5 states is nonsensical. I can name 20 states that he'll win right off the top of my head.

I can also name 20 states that Clinton will win, which leaves around 10 battleground states.

A lot can happen between now and the election.

Rookies
05-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Et tu, Mr. Speaker? :lol:

Never, ever before have the leaders of a political party lined up to back the nominee!

Err.... lined up to plant the shiv in his back! :lol: :lol:

As for VP running mate? :rolleyes:

Who would be the fool to accept Drumpf's 'come on down' and doom their careers into:

"You're fired"- :jump: forever! ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Et tu, Mr. Speaker? :lol:

Never, ever before have the leaders of a political party lined up to back the nominee!

Err.... lined up to plant the shiv in his back! :lol: :lol:

As for VP running mate? :rolleyes:

Who would be the fool to accept Drumpf's 'come on down' and doom their careers into:

"You're fired"- :jump: forver! ;)I hear Carly is for rent...by the hour...(and no, that wasn't supposed to be the kind of joke you're thinking of right now)

Rookies
05-05-2016, 04:51 PM
I hear Carly is for rent...by the hour...(and no, that wasn't supposed to be the kind of joke you're thinking of right now)

If the punch line is:

"I've fallen, but I can't stand up", then she can't be shortlisted, Mike! :lol:

Tom
05-05-2016, 09:07 PM
The GOP is refusing to support.....its members. THEY voted and chose Trump over the other losers. They have shown their true colors - they are no better than democrats. All of them. McLame, Dingy Mittens, The Dormant Bushes, Eddie Munster....they thiing they know better than the people who they have been exposed as NOT representing.

Screw them all. They are losers, one and all. If nothing else the GOP is dead. And most of them look like they are. :lol:

If Trump delivers nothing as president, what is the worst thing you can call him?
A republican.

Time to rally behind Trump, the ONLY game in town for anyone who has hope to make America great again. History shows us voting GOP has been a waste of time in the 1980s.

horses4courses
05-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I hear Carly is for rent...by the hour...(and no, that wasn't supposed to be the kind of joke you're thinking of right now)

If it were, the poor woman would starve in poverty :lol: