PDA

View Full Version : Cruz dropping out

tucker6
05-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Looks like the end of the line for him. Trump is the GOP nominee.

Clocker
05-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Kasich is staying in. He must be really pumped by his big jump to number 2 in the race. :p

OntheRail
05-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Heard Cruz... say it. Tossing in the towel. Bye Bye Ted.

Shemp Howard
05-03-2016, 09:18 PM
I think Ted is lying........again.

zico20
05-03-2016, 10:40 PM
The GOP establishment can now rally around Kasich, at least for a week or so. :p

reckless
05-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Kasich is staying in. He must be really pumped by his big jump to number 2 in the race. :p

clocker, on Fox Business tonight, Lou Dobbs said (twice):

"And now John Kasich is fourth in a two-man race." :lol:

NJ Stinks
05-03-2016, 11:49 PM
If Cruz wasn't the most dangerous threat to the America I know and love I would feel bad for the guy. After all, he did go through a lot of crap the last couple days.

Stillriledup
05-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Cruz vp nom?

get out of the way now, hide in the bushes for a bit, let kasich take the last remaining lumps and then sneak in for the vp when nobody's watching.

:D

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Trump likes to win. Cruz adds nothing but more baggage to the ticket.

Why in the world would a guy with high unlikability ratings add another guy with high unlikability ratings to the ticket?

Makes zero sense. Trump ain't no fool.

Stillriledup
05-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Trump likes to win. Cruz adds nothing but more baggage to the ticket.

Why in the world would a guy with high unlikability ratings add another guy with high unlikability ratings to the ticket?

Makes zero sense. Trump ain't no fool.

what about a sneaky pick, marco rubio? little marco.

you have any thoughts on vp nom?

barn32
05-04-2016, 06:05 AM
It's not going to be any of those people. I'm hoping it's Rudy Giuliani.

tucker6
05-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Rudy isn't a bad pick. Trump doesn't need to pick a right wing VP to hold the true conservative in line this fall. Hillary, as the perceived Antichrist, will do that for him. Trump needs to get to the middle and get as many of the independent voters away from Clinton as he can. I think he's in a great position here. Hillary is going to have issues getting Sanders' voters to the polls, so she'll have to pick a VP acceptable to the far left. Not good in a general election.

rastajenk
05-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Cruz is more valuable as a Senate leader anyway.

Tom
05-04-2016, 10:12 AM
He could co-host with Jerry Springer.

ArlJim78
05-04-2016, 11:20 AM
One week ago today was the "big" announcement about Carly being the running mate.

woodtoo
05-04-2016, 11:41 AM
From running mate to walking papers in one week :lol:

Tom
05-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Kasich is gong to suspend his campaign later today as well.

Uh, Johnny, baby......WHAT CAMPAIGN???:lol::lol::lol:

He is, today, behind candidates who dropped out months ago!

Johnny, baby - you are a joke.
The hanging chads had a better chance than you ever did!:lol::lol:

onefast99
05-04-2016, 12:40 PM
The taxpayers would all like a refund of this guys terrible campaign.

barahona44
05-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Rudy isn't a bad pick. Trump doesn't need to pick a right wing VP to hold the true conservative in line this fall. Hillary, as the perceived Antichrist, will do that for him. Trump needs to get to the middle and get as many of the independent voters away from Clinton as he can. I think he's in a great position here. Hillary is going to have issues getting Sanders' voters to the polls, so she'll have to pick a VP acceptable to the far left. Not good in a general election.
Trump will have an equally hard time getting many suburban Republicans and the "RINOS"(more of them than you think) to the polls.
Biggest mistake Clinton can make is to pick a lefty.Somebody needs to get the Democrats back to their centrist roots and Hilary will have to write off the far left.Let 'em stay home, I say.

tucker6
05-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Trump will have an equally hard time getting many suburban Republicans and the "RINOS"(more of them than you think) to the polls.
Biggest mistake Clinton can make is to pick a lefty.Somebody needs to get the Democrats back to their centrist roots and Hilary will have to write off the far left.Let 'em stay home, I say.
Boy, I can see both sides in what you are saying. The Sanders' supporters truly hate Hillary, and if she doesn't kiss some backside, the dems are going to lose the 20 somethings as they'll stay home, and that will hurt a lot in congressional races as well as for Hillary. Trump certainly has his limitations, but I think you'll see him soften his stances on hard core GOP issues to gain marginal support on the right while trying strongly to hold the middle where the independents are. If he can keep Hillary on the left side of middle, and if she cannot get the far left, he has a good shot.

I know, a lot of what ifs in there, but everyone has those in early May.

Tom
05-04-2016, 01:54 PM
No matter which side wins, WE lose.
Get used to it.

No one of these people are in it to represent us.

tucker6
05-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Get used to it.

I just want Trump to fire a heckler.

Clocker
05-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Get used to it.

There are three of them left, and they are all running on the same principle: the country is a mess, and I can fix it with more government.

And in the small print: you suckers are going to pay for it.

Greyfox
05-04-2016, 02:14 PM
I noticed Cruz dropped out graciously.
He labeled Trump as a "serial philanderer," "pathological liar", "buffoon" and a "narcissist."
No hard feelings or sour grapes there. :lol:

Greyfox
05-04-2016, 02:15 PM
And in the small print: you suckers are going to pay for it.

And you're moving to.....?

Clocker
05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
And you're moving to.....?

Despite the best efforts of politicians to screw up everything, the free market still mostly works, we still have most of our rights, and this is the country that everyone wants to move to.

But being the cynic that I am, I don't look for anything to improve under the next administration.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Boy, I can see both sides in what you are saying. The Sanders' supporters truly hate Hillary, and if she doesn't kiss some backside, the dems are going to lose the 20 somethings as they'll stay home, and that will hurt a lot in congressional races as well as for Hillary. Trump certainly has his limitations, but I think you'll see him soften his stances on hard core GOP issues to gain marginal support on the right while trying strongly to hold the middle where the independents are. If he can keep Hillary on the left side of middle, and if she cannot get the far left, he has a good shot.

I know, a lot of what ifs in there, but everyone has those in early May.How much more softer can Trump get on "hard core GOP issues."

Haven't you been paying attention? :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
05-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I think maybe he means like "The wall will be 100 feet high! Obamacare will be repealed! We'll waterboard the hell out of the terrorists!" ...

... will over time become...

"The border will be secure!"

"Obamacare will be improved!"

and well,

"We'll waterboard the hell out of terrorists!"

tucker6
05-05-2016, 12:35 PM
How much more softer can Trump get on "hard core GOP issues."

Haven't you been paying attention? :lol:
You misread my post. Soften in the context used means the opposite of how you took it.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2016, 05:34 PM
You misread my post. Soften in the context used means the opposite of how you took it.Ahhh, I get it. A Duh! moment for me...it happens sometimes... :lol:

Rookies
05-06-2016, 07:44 AM
I noticed Cruz dropped out graciously.
He labeled Trump as a "serial philanderer," "pathological liar", "buffoon" and a "narcissist."
No hard feelings or sour grapes there. :lol:

Add on "carnival barker" and Lucifer has nailed it! :lol:

Tom
05-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Cruz rumored to be considering a run for Mayor of Toronto.

Rookies
05-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Cruz rumored to be considering a run for Mayor of Toronto.

Right Church of whacked out Loons & Blowhards, Tommy!

Wrong pew. :lol:

Yesterday's Toronto Star:

"I thought I had left the once-in-a-lifetime madness of Toronto’s Rob Ford-era city hall for the serene normalcy of the American government.

Twice in a lifetime?

The attacks on elites, the unblinking support base, the habitual dishonesty. It was eerie: America was sweating through the Toronto fever dream. As pundits churned out essays arguing Rubio or Cruz was the front-runner even though Trump was up in every poll, I wanted to shout them out of the delusion.

Trump is the front-runner! Toronto lived through this!

I no longer think our experience is comparable. Ford, a politician, stayed on his best behaviour long enough to get elected mayor in a cheap non-party election. Trump, having never held office, spent a year confirming every concern about his personality. And voters liked it.

Enough to hand a whole party to him instead of a billionaire-backed alternative. Enough to give him a real shot at the nuclear codes. Can he win? The evidence suggests his chances are so poor that he might have already lost. No nominee in decades has been so loathed.

TODAY's Toronto Star:

Donald Trump introduced a new catchphrase on Thursday. It may sound familiar to Toronto. "I'm going to stop the gravy train," he said at a rally in West Virginia. "Stop the gravy train," of course, was the famously successful campaign slogan of late Toronto mayor Rob Ford, to whom Trump has sometimes been compared.

Trump said then Ford "truly has a spectacular reputation." In 2013, at the height of Ford’s drug scandal, Trump said on Twitter, "Who would you rather have negotiating with Iran — President Obama or Toronto Mayor Ford? My money is on Ford." :bang: :D

Their many similarities have not gone unnoticed by Ford’s brother, who was also fond of the "gravy train" slogan as a councillor and mayoral candidate."Donald Trump is borrowing from us," Doug Ford told the National Post. "Rob blazed a new trail for politicians like that." :lol:

Tom
05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
"Who would you rather have negotiating with Iran — President Obama or Toronto Mayor Ford? My money is on Ford.

He was spot on.
We HAD OBama negotiate with Iran.
Do you honestly think Ford could have done worse? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rookies
05-06-2016, 07:17 PM
He was spot on.
We HAD OBama negotiate with Iran.
Do you honestly think Ford could have done worse? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see now...

A drunken, High School educated, Crackhead, who couldn't spell the word 'POLICY', let alone enunciate one! :rolleyes:

Nah... when would that work?

NEVER! Is never good for you?

And again, illustrates Drumpf pandering to his main constituency- poorly educated Cleeti, looking for a solution for their lives.

As though a billionaire would EVER be inviting the hoi polloi to a Trump Tower for dinner and a room! :lol:

Again, never- unless he needed them on the pad for something benefitting him!

Tom
05-06-2016, 07:48 PM
You realize Ford has far more credibility than Obama.
I think it has to with the metric system, but Obama made the stupidest deal since Chamberlin met with Hitler!