PDA

View Full Version : Trifecta keys

BELMONT 6-6-09
05-01-2016, 07:30 PM
I am looking for tips to select very high percentage keys to use for trifectas. I am looking to key a horse for use in the three positions of the trifecta. Question: is a horse with a high in-the-money percentage an advantage to use as a key provided the selection shows value. Basically I am looking for some tangible factors to start for the selection of the keys along with the obvious pace advantage horse who figure to be in the money a high percentage of times.

thanks in advance

flatstats
05-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Don't look for very high percentage keys to include. Look for very high percentage favourites to exclude.

Trifectas, Exactas, PlacePots in US or UK are all the same. The masses will include a banker and if you can find false bankers you will have a big edge.

BELMONT 6-6-09
05-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes good point. I would only think of using a key that was not the first or second choice in the betting...I want potential value thus excluding the crowds top two choices in the race.

Robert Fischer
05-01-2016, 08:16 PM
It's a tough balancing act.

You'd prefer not to land on the public's favorite
You'd prefer not to key the public's key horse
So you really need a less obvious horse and/or larger fields - but that's not gonna be high percentage.