_______
04-28-2016, 05:45 PM
Goff. Wentz.

Then who?

barahona44
04-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Goff. Wentz.

Then who?
4 possibilities all of whom are more or less rated the same.
DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
Laremy Tunsil, OT MIssissippi
Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State
Jalen Ramsey, CB, Fla. State

I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego deals the draft pick though.

BTW, Bosa's dad, John was a DT for the Dolphins in the late 80's. And his great grandfather was an enforcer for Al Capone!

_______
04-28-2016, 06:31 PM
Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State

BTW, Bosa's dad, John was a DT for the Dolphins in the late 80's. And his great grandfather was an enforcer for Al Capone!

Interesting about Bosa's granddad. You don't think Stanley's in the conversation if they don't trade down?

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Asíde from a QB who would you trade up for to get the 3rd pick?

barahona44
04-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Interesting about Bosa's granddad. You don't think Stanley's in the conversation if they don't trade down?
I was hoping that Stanley would fall to the Giants, didn't want to jinx it. :) That's why I think the Chargers are going to trade, there's no consensus # 3 (or 4 or 5 or 6), so they could trade down 5-7 slots, still get a good player and probably get a 2nd round draft choice and more.

_______
04-28-2016, 07:02 PM
I was hoping that Stanley would fall to the Giants, didn't want to jinx it. :) That's why I think the Chargers are going to trade, there's no consensus # 3 (or 4 or 5 or 6), so they could trade down 5-7 slots, still get a good player and probably get a 2nd round draft choice and more.

Even if they don't take Stanley, you better hope they don't take Tunsil. That could trigger a cascade of OL picks.

I think the 3rd overall pick (whoever has it) frames what happens next.

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 07:02 PM
With no clear consensus 3 or 4,5 ,6 why would you give up extra picks to move up a feo spots?Also top ten teams all need bodies.
PS Paul Dotino just now said That Conklin the Tackle is the Giants top pick if the other two linemen are gone. I hope he's right the ol needs more shoring up to Keep Eli around.

proximity
04-28-2016, 07:03 PM
tunsil is bpa and i don't see the big deal about buckner?

the giants will get a good player, maybe conklin who did real well against buckner.

i'd like to see the colts trade back and get more picks. some targets for tonight:

andrew billings
noah spence
ryan kelly
karl joseph (trade back)

barahona44
04-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Asíde from a QB who would you trade up for to get the 3rd pick?After QB's, pass rushers and cover corners are the most coveted positions.If you're at 10,11,12 you might have to trade up to get the best at those positions.The difference between the best and second best at a particular position can be signifigant.

_______
04-28-2016, 07:11 PM
After QB's, pass rushers and cover corners are the most coveted positions.If you're at 10,11,12 you might have to trade up to get the best at those positions.The difference between the best and second best at a particular position can be signifigant.

Totally disagree with this.

If past is prologue, getting more picks is better than getting higher picks.

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 07:14 PM
All true.Its not the Giants Mo to move.Bears might take the rb.
Lets hope reese doesn't blow it.

barahona44
04-28-2016, 07:16 PM
With no clear consensus 3 or 4,5 ,6 why would you give up extra picks to move up a feo spots?Also top ten teams all need bodies.
PS Paul Dotino just now said That Conklin the Tackle is the Giants top pick if the other two linemen are gone. I hope he's right the ol needs more shoring up to Keep Eli around.
Since there isn't a clear cut 3, every team has a different opinion of who their 3 is, which means those teams,especially in the 8 to 12 range might fear their guy will be gone.

Stillriledup
04-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Never fall in love w one player, let the other guys fall in love and you trade your high pick for multiple picks that's how you build a winner

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Since there isn't a clear cut 3, every team has a different opinion of who their 3 is, which means those teams,especially in the 8 to 12 range might fear their guy will be gone.
I Can't see any of those trading up for a non QB

_______
04-28-2016, 08:28 PM
SD pick is in.

Waiting...

barahona44
04-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State

BTW, Bosa's dad, John was a DT for the Dolphins in the late 80's And his great grandfather was an enforcer for Al Capone!
Bosa's agent made the Chargers an offer they couldn't refuse. :)

_______
04-28-2016, 09:07 PM
Bosa's agent made the Chargers an offer they couldn't refuse. :)

Think Tunsil will still be there for the G's?

_______
04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Think Tunsil will still be there for the G's?

He's there if they want him.

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 09:32 PM
How stupid is this tunsil. That tweet cost millions down the line.
Gruden "Apple better learn to Keep hands off or he's a penalty machine"

barahona44
04-28-2016, 09:34 PM
He's there if they want him.
Apparently they didn't.Every year someone slides down, looks like Tunsil's it this year
I know they're sensitive to drug issues but he passed his drug test.And suposedly the video's a few years old.

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Miami takes him.Now he can hang with Suh, if They can find him.

MutuelClerk
04-28-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm sure Tunsil is the only one who smoked weed in high school. If this was his step father who put out that video. Shame on him. People really suck.

MutuelClerk
04-28-2016, 11:07 PM
How did the Buckeyes ever lose a game? Good thing Urban Meyer wouldn't recruit a player like Tunsil. Oh wait... I like what the Raiders did. Building a solid young team. Keep up the good work Reggie.

zico20
04-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Never fall in love w one player, let the other guys fall in love and you trade your high pick for multiple picks that's how you build a winner

It did not work for the Rams. They still suck after getting all those picks for RG3. :lol:

barahona44
04-28-2016, 11:19 PM
How did the Buckeyes ever lose a game? Good thing Urban Meyer wouldn't recruit a player like Tunsil. Oh wait... I like what the Raiders did. Building a solid young team. Keep up the good work Reggie.
Al Davis would have drafted Tunsil. :)
Agree the Raiders are definitely on the upswing, think maybe more in 2017 than 2016..

zico20
04-28-2016, 11:20 PM
I am going on record right now. The Rams picked the wrong QB. :eek: They will suck for the next decade or more, or until Kroenke drops dead and they get an owner who knows what he is doing.

Stillriledup
04-28-2016, 11:34 PM
I am going on record right now. The Rams picked the wrong QB. :eek: They will suck for the next decade or more, or until Kroenke drops dead and they get an owner who knows what he is doing.

A few draft gurus said wentz was no brainer, time will tell if the Rams pulled a rip city :lol:

Secondbest
04-28-2016, 11:51 PM
With Fisher as Coach It doesn't look good for them.

barahona44
04-28-2016, 11:56 PM
Goff was in a spread offense and most of them have had trouble adapting to the NFL.

And Wentz has 2 problems, 1) he played at North Dakota State and 2)he played at North Dakota State.
1) ND State is 1-AA so the level of competition is obviously lower.
2) ND State is a 1-AA powerhouse, they've won 5 straight national championships.So Wentz went into a great situation.I'd feel better if he went to a good situation and made it great.

In addition, he didn't play that much at ND State, he only was a starter for 1 and a half seasons and missed most of last year with a wrist injury on his throwing hand ( a red flag, if I ever saw one)

Wentz , I think, is one of those players with great physical skills and potential (what I've seen,he looks like Ben Rothesberger when he plays) to whom a lot of wishful thinking has been attatched.I hope he has a great career but I feel he more likely is to be average.

I feel both of these players are reaches at 1 & 2.Which means they are probably future Pro Bowlers.

Stillriledup
04-29-2016, 02:53 AM
If the rams were smarter they would have originally traded up to pick TWO and got the QB the other team didnt pick, that way, you get a QB who's just as good as the other guy but here's the caveat, you don't have to spend as much to get him and you get the guy with a chip on his shoulder his entire career. You get the 'chip guy' with the 2nd pick, that's worth something.

forced89
04-29-2016, 08:51 AM
Great pick for Cowboys. Ezekiel Elliott can not only run but he blocks and is a good receiver. He will be better protection for Tony Romo and more importantly by enabling them to extend drives will decrease the number of plays their suspect defense will be on the field.

_______
04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
If the rams were smarter they would have originally traded up to pick TWO and got the QB the other team didnt pick, that way, you get a QB who's just as good as the other guy but here's the caveat, you don't have to spend as much to get him and you get the guy with a chip on his shoulder his entire career. You get the 'chip guy' with the 2nd pick, that's worth something.

Ryan Leaf was the "chip guy" to Peyton Manning.

Stillriledup
04-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Ryan Leaf was the "chip guy" to Peyton Manning.

Won't always work out but you still get the chip, which is worth something at the time.

Stillriledup
04-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Great pick for Cowboys. Ezekiel Elliott can not only run but he blocks and is a good receiver. He will be better protection for Tony Romo and more importantly by enabling them to extend drives will decrease the number of plays their suspect defense will be on the field.

Don't like a Rb As that high of a pick. RBs have pretty short shelf lives. Could have traded down and still gotten a good RB somewhere.

_______
04-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Won't always work out but you still get the chip, which is worth something at the time.

Other than the last 2 years, there have been 4 drafts in the last 40 years where a QB was taken at #1 and #2 overall.

I'm going to say it's much too early to evaluate last years draft. And I'll admit up front that 4 is too small a sample to draw any serious conclusions.

But here are your candidates:

#1: Andrew Luck, Tim Couch, Peyton Manning, and Drew Bledsoe.

Chip: RGIII, Donavan McNabb, Ryan Leaf, and Rick Mirer.

Other than the year Cleveland had the #1 pick, there seems to be a clear drop off in career stats.

I'm not sure there is a "chip" factor for the guy drafted second. It appears that in most cases, the teams drafting first made the right choice and the teams drafting second got something far less valuable than they would have if drafting first.

proximity
04-29-2016, 06:26 PM
tunsil is bpa and i don't see the big deal about buckner?

the giants will get a good player, maybe conklin who did real well against buckner.

i'd like to see the colts trade back and get more picks. some targets for tonight:

andrew billings
noah spence
ryan kelly
karl joseph (trade back)

thought the three florida teams did real well but that there were some bad picks overall.

karl joseph actually goes before us and we grab kelly but i think the raiders got another playmaker.

eventually the colts will have to grab a free safety but i'm not sure this is the round? there are a lot of good players left though and i think it will be hard for our gm ryan grigson to screw up this second pick!!