PDA

View Full Version : April/Aqueduct -- NO HANDICAPPING METHOD

NorCalGreg
04-28-2016, 03:29 AM
In my never-ending quest for the perfect mechanical NO-HANDICAPPING method...decided to try out something @ Aqueduct this month.

This method only concerns a horse that is back to the races in 12 days or less--and ridden by a jockey that wins 15%. There are plenty of horses entered right back in this time frame--but usually not with an accomplished rider aboard.

I first thought of this method after testing one similar....a 20% Winning Jockey--today riding for a trainer that only wins 5% or less. Really thought that was going to be surprisingly profitable-- but no. Not the testing I did, anyway. It was too dependent on the rare longshot to keep a postive ROI

So here are the horses that qualified @ AQ this month:

--back in 12 days or less----15%+ jockey

LITERATA 9/5 $6.30

LITTLE BEAR CAT 8-1 $15.80

GUYANA CAT 12-1

BEACH HUT 2-1

FLEETING GOLD 5-1

MAMA'S RED HAT 30-1

PROPHET'S CAT 20-1

TOLEDO EDDIE 8/5 $4.70

GUYANA 2-1 $6.80

RICH N' TUCK 7/2 $4.80

NUBIN RIDGE 7/2

CLASSIC SALSA 12-1

CITY STEEL 5/2 $6.80

BUSTIN THE BANK $3.10

CHINA PRINCE 8-1

AMERICAN CREED 7/2

INTEGRITY 30-1

DREAMS TO REALITY 9/5

VALKIMQUA 3-1 $7.10

DARNLEY BAY 4-1

AMERICAN CREED 3-1 $3.60

ALL OVER ME 4-1

HOWL 12-1

BREAK AWAY 5-1

GENTRITY 6-1

--As you can see there were quite a few winners:

9 0f 25 Won = 36%

36% made the exacta

44% were ITM

ROI was $1.18

--This is the really interesting part--you see that 2nd horse on the list LITTLE BEAR CAT? Paid $15.80? You probably think--throw that one out--your method shows a big fat loss. True--but let's throw some more out.

How bout we TOSS EVERY HORSE OVER 7/2 ML? All of a sudden, we've won 8 of 12 for 66% Win Rate!
You can have that $15.80 winner--we don't need him.
This is without handicapping...imagine if you loosen the parameters and add in some of your own screening methods.

I'm not out to "prove" anything...just suggest another handicapping angle. If someone would like to research their home track, or any other--please do, as this is far from conclusive. Food for thought, if you will.

I'm in the middle of putting a book, and website together on easy, No-Handicapping, and One-Factor Handicapping Methods & non-technical software......mainly for the weekend warrior. :)

♣ NCG

Harvhorse
04-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Very interesting, keep up the research. Very simmilar to Crammer`s Automatics.

Stillriledup
04-29-2016, 12:27 PM
How about instead of the jock use a trainer who wins 15 pct, that way you can get rid of all the Randi Persaud horses out of the survey.

NorCalGreg
04-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Very interesting, keep up the research. Very simmilar to Crammer`s Automatics.

One of Cramer's Automatics...the CLASS DROP/POSITIVE RIDER SWITCH for Maidens races, as you know...is one of the single-best no handicapping methods ever devised.

It has stood the test of time, and is still profitable today.

SRU..."How about instead of the jock use a trainer who wins 15 pct, that way you can get rid of all the Randi Persaud horses out of the survey."

Trainer angles can be gold mines, also...I tried it but found the absolute dedication it requires (constant daily updating, etc) was more than I bargained for. I would gladly BUY current daily OBSCURE trainer-angles--but no one seems to put those out anymore.

And please don't mention Ed Bain and his "2 AUTOMATICS AND 3 NEAR AUTOMATICS" in every race.

Sorry to say---been there, done that.

MONEY
04-29-2016, 04:26 PM
And please don't mention Ed Bain and his "2 AUTOMATICS AND 3 NEAR AUTOMATICS" in every race.

Sorry to say---been there, done that.
Ever try Statsmaster

Here's Belmont
http://partners.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/thrStatsMaster.cgi?SOURCE=EQB&TRACK=bel

NorCalGreg
04-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Ever try Statsmaster

Here's Belmont
http://partners.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/thrStatsMaster.cgi?SOURCE=EQB&TRACK=bel

I've never bothered to look at the Statmaster, MONEY---didn't think there would be anything worthwhile.

I noticed the big winner @ Belmont --MY KINDA GAL $55.50---was coming off a long layoff. Checked the Statmaster--here's what I found:

Name............Starts....W........W%.........ITM% .....ROI%
ProctorThomas.2..........2........100%.......100%. .....1577%

Thomas Proctor is the trainer of My Kinda Gal.

Wish I had checked the stats YESTERDAY :lol:

The sort of obscure, arcane stats I was looking for--are situations like BACK IN 10 DAYS, DISTANCE SWITCH OFF GOOD RACE--THEN BACK TODAY @ "GOOD" DISTANCE, RAISE IN CLASS OFF BAD RACE, etc.

The reason no one sells that kind of info is because they're keeping it to themselves--anyone that compiles those type of "niche" stats.

There are common trainer-angles like SPRINT-SPRINT-ROUTE...if that angle EVER was profitable or even noteworthy, it isn't anymore One can simply disregard that and others found in the PP's.

Thanks for posting, Money :ThmbUp:

NorCalGreg
04-30-2016, 03:55 PM
Just checked to see how the No-Handicapping method was working at the Belmont meet so far--

yesterday WILD BELLA ran 3rd

today two qualifiers--both in the same 2nd race

PUPPY MANNERS & CASTAWAY

3 -PUPPY MANNERS 11.60 5.00 3.30
7 -CASTAWAY 4.70 2.70
2 -SAINT FINIAN 3.90

$2 EXACTA $59.50