PDA

View Full Version : Drop and drag

upthecreek
04-25-2016, 03:57 PM
All of a sudden I cant drag files/folder on across my desktop If I try they just re-position themselves of the left side I have a W7 2 bit OS A Google search only had one possible solution-click on a file and hold down ESC key then release That didnt work Any ideas appreciated
Thanks

wilderness
04-25-2016, 04:46 PM
There's a setting in Windoze that locks this option.
It's simple to change, however I don't recall the procedure.

look at 'ARRANGE ICONS BY'

Longshot6977
04-25-2016, 05:09 PM
Right click anywhere on the desktop, then click View. Unclick 'Auto arrange icons' and 'Align icons to grid'.

NorCalGreg
04-25-2016, 05:13 PM
All of a sudden I cant drag files/folder on across my desktop If I try they just re-position themselves of the left side I have a W7 2 bit OS A Google search only had one possible solution-click on a file and hold down ESC key then release That didnt work Any ideas appreciated
Thanks

You know, my comp has been acting up lately as well....I better start doing a virus scan on files you're sending me :lol:

Just thought of something---maybe YOU should start scanning files I send you haha Maybe I'm the one with the virus. :eek:

upthecreek
04-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Right click anywhere on the desktop, then click View. Unclick 'Auto arrange icons' and 'Align icons to grid'.

Thanks that did it!!!!! No where did I find that solution on a Google search
Thanks again