PDA

View Full Version : The execution-style murders of eight Ohio family members

highnote
04-25-2016, 01:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/25/sheriff-well-planned-and-methodical-execution-ohio-family.html

When I first heard this story I figured drugs and money were involved. But I have to wonder what kind of a person can kill a woman in cold blood with her newborn baby at her side.

Officials also advised other members of the family to arm themselves.

Makes we wonder what had to happen in order for these kind of measures to be taken.

Tom
04-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Damn scary stuff. A monster is out there.

PhantomOnTour
04-25-2016, 02:13 PM
I remember the murder of an English family in the French Alps a few years ago that had overtones of espionage to it...still unsolved of course.

This makes me wonder if one of the family members got involved in some badness with some bad dudes (some REALLY bad dudes) and couldn't pay up.

highnote
04-25-2016, 02:23 PM
It seems like it had to be more than one killer -- maybe a team of killers?

Gangs? Cartels?

Would the killers have a military background? Or do they learn how to kill just by being around a gang or cartel?

It was a very cold-blooded set of murders. Also, one guy was supposedly pretty badly beaten.

The Ohio AG recommended other family members arm themselves. So maybe the killers didn't find the person they were looking for so they killed his/her family to send a message?

The comment sections of the articles are interesting. Someone wrote that Cartels would have killed everyone including the children so they think it might have been a local gang or perhaps a motorcycle gang.

I don't know how true that comment is, but I'm sure the authorities must know a lot more than they're saying publicly.

Tall One
04-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Today Show said authorities found evidence of a good sized pot growing operation, and that could point in the direction of a cartel's revenge.

This could be one of the worst things I've read about in awhile...

Clocker
04-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Today Show said authorities found evidence of a good sized pot growing operation, and that could point in the direction of a cartel's revenge.

The report is that the murders took place at 4 different locations, and that there was pot growing going on at 3 of those. Sounds like a good size drug operation was going on there.

Tall One
04-25-2016, 03:28 PM
The report is that the murders took place at 4 different locations, and that there was pot growing going on at 3 of those. Sounds like a good size drug operation was going on there.

That's indeed what they mentioned...thanks for clarifying, Clocker.

highnote
04-25-2016, 04:44 PM
I wonder if there was heroin and meth involved, too?

Killing 8 people seems pretty extreme. Had to be money involved. Why kill all the members of the family? If the families were at 4 different houses you would think there had to be more than one killer.

I grew up a couple of hours from there. So I follow Ohio news.

Justralph lived in Ohio. Wish he would weigh in on this.

Valuist
04-25-2016, 04:54 PM
I wonder if there was heroin and meth involved, too?

Killing 8 people seems pretty extreme. Had to be money involved. Why kill all the members of the family? If the families were at 4 different houses you would think there had to be more than one killer.

I grew up a couple of hours from there. So I follow Ohio news.

Justralph lived in Ohio. Wish he would weigh in on this.

Beat me to it. Was thinking it was a lot more than pot. Simultaneous killings at multiple locations.....straight out of Breaking Bad.

Tall One
05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Poster from another board I frequent offered this up:

The day after the murders Jeff Ruby (Cincinnati area restaurant owner) had offered $25k for info that led to arrest and conviction. Late last week he pulled that offer and would not comment on why.

Two schools of thought on why that happened. First, police and FBI were already on to whomever did this and that an arrest or arrests were imminent. Second, that police and FBI now assume it was a cartel hit and that the people that did it had fled the country, making an arrest highly improbable.

Another interesting twist in an already very interesting case.

tucker6
05-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Poster from another board I frequent offered this up:

The day after the murders Jeff Ruby (Cincinnati area restaurant owner) had offered $25k for info that led to arrest and conviction. Late last week he pulled that offer and would not comment on why.

Two schools of thought on why that happened. First, police and FBI were already on to whomever did this and that an arrest or arrests were imminent. Second, that police and FBI now assume it was a cartel hit and that the people that did it had fled the country, making an arrest highly improbable.

Another interesting twist in an already very interesting case.
... or, it was a cartel hit and the police asked him to take down the bounty for his own safety.