PDA

View Full Version : Mor Spirit

PowerUpPaynter
04-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Good day,

I think one of the easiest horses to evaluate is Mor Spirit. Simply point, he runs a quality race every time out. I expect him to finish in the top 3. Kind of like Musket Man.

boys at tosconova
04-22-2016, 04:07 PM
seems like a solid, safe pick in terms many things..but mor spirits performances keeps you wanting just a lil' moar

Stoleitbreezing
04-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Good day,

I think one of the easiest horses to evaluate is Mor Spirit. Simply point, he runs a quality race every time out. I expect him to finish in the top 3. Kind of like Musket Man.

He's still the most interesting horse in the field. While may consider him to be a slow closing grinder, he was hit very hard in the Pool 4 future wager 8-1 or so, despite being outrun several lengths to Exaggorator whom many are now propelling to 2nd derby favorite behind Nyquist. In each race during the prep season Mor Spirit was not all out to win, IMO Bob understood he needed to leave something for the derby and he did. I would prefer to have seen him make a stronger move in any of those preps, but he basically has the same running style as Nyquist, but obviously less high cruising speed.

f2tornado
04-22-2016, 05:50 PM
One must respect the rider alone as a potential board hit.

SecretAgentMan
04-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Mor Spirit won't come in 1st or 2nd

arw629
04-22-2016, 07:44 PM
I like how so many people are writing off Mor Spirit bc of the Santa Anita Derby ...i don't know if I'm picking Mor Spirit to win the derby yet or not but writing a horse off for one race in the mud seems comical to me

PowerUpPaynter
04-22-2016, 08:15 PM
He's still the most interesting horse in the field. While may consider him to be a slow closing grinder, he was hit very hard in the Pool 4 future wager 8-1 or so, despite being outrun several lengths to Exaggorator whom many are now propelling to 2nd derby favorite behind Nyquist. In each race during the prep season Mor Spirit was not all out to win, IMO Bob understood he needed to leave something for the derby and he did. I would prefer to have seen him make a stronger move in any of those preps, but he basically has the same running style as Nyquist, but obviously less high cruising speed.

It is worth noting that Mor Spirit ran the same last 1/8th in 13 2/5 as Exaggerator and was way closer to the blazing pace. That is very impressive.

Its also worth noting Exaggerator, while he did put on a great performance, its was even more visually impressive due to the gassed front of the pack.

Delta Cone
04-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Watching the replays of Mor Spirit's races, I'm left with one absolute truth...this horse will not stop running. He is sure to love 10f, or more.

boys at tosconova
04-22-2016, 11:50 PM
It is worth noting that Mor Spirit ran the same last 1/8th in 13 2/5 as Exaggerator and was way closer to the blazing pace. That is very impressive.

Its also worth noting Exaggerator, while he did put on a great performance, its was even more visually impressive due to the gassed front of the pack.

this is a good point. but listen to this. i believe mor spirit would have run the same with a slower pace, yet feel exaggerator would have still been coming with a slower one.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2016, 11:54 PM
Can't see him as any part.

He is a cheap Mucho Macho Man and likely a cheaper Creative Cause.

Looks good on form, but he is exotics material at best. He is an easy pass for me due to his lack of late foot.

Sternfan420
04-23-2016, 12:20 AM
With Mor Spirit I am angle player n his I believe is big but don't see anyone posting about it . There has been no derby winner that's been a Ridgling n mor spirit is . What do u guys think ?

Sternfan420
04-23-2016, 01:11 AM
I am sorry for posting about Mor Spirit. It is Majesto that is a Ridgling in this yrs derby. Again sorry

arw629
04-23-2016, 01:59 AM
In regards to exaggerator I thought this video was interesting to put the SA Derby in perspective

https://youtu.be/m2PQhXDBfTA

boys at tosconova
04-23-2016, 02:06 AM
In regards to exaggerator I thought this video was interesting to put the SA Derby in perspective

https://youtu.be/m2PQhXDBfTA

that's an awful analogy of the two horses/races

arw629
04-23-2016, 09:50 AM
I thought it was interesting

yankeelpn
04-23-2016, 12:42 PM
With Mor Spirit I am angle player n his I believe is big but don't see anyone posting about it . There has been no derby winner that's been a Ridgling n mor spirit is . What do u guys think ?

Was AP a ridgling?

ronsmac
04-23-2016, 03:37 PM
Good day,

His last race wasn't quality in my opinion. It was a really bad 2nd. Never got out of 3rd gear.

Psychotic Parakeet
04-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Was AP a ridgling?

AP Indy was a ridgling for sure.

boys at tosconova
04-23-2016, 03:53 PM
His last race wasn't quality in my opinion. It was a really bad 2nd. Never got out of 3rd gear.

i wouldn't say it was bad. i would say it's more unspectacular than that. unspectacular looking really defines this horse well

yankeelpn
04-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Hes been my pick since last yr and he's very consistant. Not super fast but always there in the top 2.
1. Nyquist
2. Mor Spirit
3. Mohaymen
4. Destin
5. SBN/Gun Runner/Mo Tom

boys at tosconova
04-23-2016, 09:38 PM
it's safe to say uncle lino ran a better race than mor spirit, and mor spirit got 2nd by defalt. horse doesn't look like like he wants to pass anybody