PDA

View Full Version : Keeland 04/22

Tall One
04-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Back at with the ol' big toe in the water, and have one I think is worth a shot today.

6th race: :2: Manitoulin

Darby Dan horse who I've been following since his first start in November at AQU. Been waiting for Toner to get him on the lawn, and he gets his first shot today. Caveat is he might be in a bit tough. Ramsey horse to his immediate left, and Chad B/Castellano few stalls to his right, and as I type, the rain is falling again. That said, he's out of a Kris S. mare, has a couple of nice works on the grass, and could very well be in the mix with these.

GLA..:ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I like it. Getting Geroux, who I feel is the best turf rider at Keeneland, doesn't hurt either.

But, as you said, this is a pretty tough field of Maidens. A number of colts in here that have been knocking on the door in some tough maiden races.

Couple of price horses I'll be looking at are a FTS in th :5: Hardly Home and :11: King's Player. If I put together a Super ticket, I'll likely try to get the :13: Fort Smith to sneak in on the bottom, but this is probably a WP and Exacta only kind of race.

Tall One
04-22-2016, 03:14 PM
What's up, LDH..

This did seem to be a top 1 or 2 option sort of race, and getting a price in the bottom of a super would be ideal for value.

Shug going first out on the turf, especially out here, makes you always pause. Nice works, especially that one back in March at Payson. Main concern was even with EM on the bottom, is he going to appreciate the grass which is probably on the other side of "Good" at this point?

He could no doubt be a part today, but last night I said out loud to nobody but the cat, lets give him this one, and wait for Belmont..

For giggles, i put together this small dimer:

126/126/1,2,6,7,10,11/1,2,6,7,10,11

$7.20

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2016, 03:51 PM
:11: getting solid action.

Gonna look to pair him up with the :2:

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Leparoux walked the dog on the :1:.

Tall One
04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Leparoux walked the dog on the :1:.

Yep...And that :13: sneaked in..:D

Not a bad run by the :2: though. Came back down the lane, should move forward off this. Likely see him at Belmont too. :ThmbUp:

1/2/6/13...$72.66 for the dimer.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Yep...And that :13: sneaked in..:D

Not a bad run by the :2: though. Came back down the lane, should move forward off this. Likely see him at Belmont too. :ThmbUp:

1/2/6/13...$72.66 for the dimer.

:2: ran well, just wasn't getting there with the absurd fractions that were allowed up front.

Don't understand the ride on the :7:. He isn't passing anybody late so you ride him 3/4 wide around the entire track amid a slow pace?:D For crap's sake, take him to the lead and see if you can wall 'em off to the wire.

Tall One
04-22-2016, 04:27 PM
I'll concede there was a softer going on the lawn today, but :50 and change for the half @ 8.5 furlongs on that turf is criminal...especially since it aint rained in over a week.

Couple to watch for next out from this one.